Topical Dutasteride Case Assessment Thread

oddmood

My Regimen
Reaction score
I found a similar case with a guy on dutasteride for 7 months and his dht raised also his free t was 25% higher or something like that.
Now it's very nice that you had the time and money to do all this tests but unfornutely they are irrelevant. First because your only 3h application, this gels need like 24-48h, second you took all kinds of supplements that can greatly alter your results. I think you guys should make a post with a proper protocol with things to do before and after lab tests and exclude anything that might influence it. Also a keynote, in young men dht levels were shown to vary naturally with ~10% throughout the day.

Now. I spent a lot of time this days on all kind of foreign forums and there were tentatives of making topical duta even from 2003. I haven't found a single successful one, all claim sides or nothing happening even worse some claim dutasteride makes their hair worse. Hair worsening and super high libido are also heard pretty much on forums. Maybe theres a strange effect like yours where dht gets higher?

Nevertheless I gave this "once per week a try".At first with finasteride which I know gives me all the bad sexual sides, then with duta capsules dissolved in minoxidil.

I started with a loading dose of Topical finasteride 0.025% applied at 2ml = 0.5mg finasteride on my head for 2 weeks, then I just applied 2ml once in a week for the next 2 months. I got slight sides after the loading phase but they all disappeared while switching to once per week application. In the next 2months i had zero noticeable side effects using this method, both erection and pleasure came back.

For dutasteride experiment I also made a sol of 0.025% using 2ml per application =0.5mg duta on my head.
Now some may comment about dutasteride not dissolving or not being able to penetrate, but that only applies to raw powder dutasteride. Commercial dutasteride(avodart) comes in capsules which contain an oily substance so I read what it is, and it turns out is "mono and diglycerides of caprylic/capric acid(capmul mcm) and butylated hydroxytoluen" . A short search on this revealed this is a solubizer and permiation enhancer used in nanoemulsions and liposomal products. Cool, so dutasteride is already dissolved in this and has a perm enhancer too. So mixing this in minoxidil solution could work.
I shook the sol for 1h then let it rest for a day. Next day I applied the 2ml(0.5mg) and rubbed with dropper itself. Had no sides for 1 week. Then I applied again at the same dosage and after 24h I already was experimenting sides which i'm 4 days in, and have not ameliorated. I can get a proper erection but only with continuous stimulation also there is no sensation of pleasure especially on those muscles around penis.

So this proves at least 3 things
-Avodart in minoxidil or other alcohol based solution is doable at home
-Duta in gels used by the other forum members are more appropriate for topical delivery. As you can with classic minoxidil solution you still get high systemic absorption even if used a 0.025 solution.
- If you want to experiment with topical dutasteride you just have to take blood tests untill you find a dosage and method that works for you. There are a ton of variables to consider from scalp condition, temperature, humidity., number of existing follicles which enhance drug penetration and so on.

After my sides go away I will probably try a dutasteride solution with 0.1mg drug on scalp not the full 0.5mg once per month and topical finasteride once per week in betweens to see how that goes.

Also a personal question if there are scientists here. When drug dosages are established they are done relative to the mass of individual ex 1mg/kg. In case of dutasteride 0.5mg was established as the stantard dose for a male. Assuming you have 70 kilos that' 0.5mg is enough for entire kilos of tissues right? So my question is, if you put that 0.5mg on a small part like scalp could this be dangerous or citotoxic?

Last edited:

Canuto

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dutasteride might very well affect thyroid function. Mine certainly did but I can't attribute it to topical dutasteride.

You just wrote that it CERTAINLY did, but you CAN'T attribute it to topical dutasteride. Are you for real? The king of contraddictions.

1) You still didn't get it. Not surprising.

2) This goes along with you owning 3 businesses and having a complex pharmaceutical formula for your topical dutasteride that you couldn't disclose on a forum. My regimen is actually inspired by your claims.
Sorry pal, but you have been proven to be a liar. What you claim is worth 0.

3) Sure. E2 is irrelevant because it fluctuates wildly according to you, but with DHT you have to go with the average leakage. You clearly still didn't get what paracrine hormone means. E2 and DHT work the same exact way.
Google it, educate yourself.

4) You clearly didn't know it, since you said that he's enjoying high free T4 levels which is not a bad thing. Quite the opposite. Keep contradicting yourself.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
I found a similar case with a guy on dutasteride for 7 months and his dht raised also his free t was 25% higher or something like that.
Now it's very nice that you had the time and money to do all this tests but unfornutely they are irrelevant. First because your only 3h application, this gels need like 24-48h, second you took all kinds of supplements that can greatly alter your results. I think you guys should make a post with a proper protocol with things to do before and after lab tests and exclude anything that might influence it. Also a keynote, in young men dht levels were shown to vary naturally with ~10% throughout the day.

Now. I spent a lot of time this days on all kind of foreign forums and there were tentatives of making topical duta even from 2003. I haven't found a single successful one, all claim sides or nothing happening even worse some claim dutasteride makes their hair worse. Hair worsening and super high libido are also heard pretty much on forums. Maybe theres a strange effect like yours where dht gets higher?

Nevertheless I gave this "once per week a try".At first with finasteride which I know gives me all the bad sexual sides, then with duta capsules dissolved in minoxidil.

I started with a loading dose of Topical finasteride 0.025% applied at 2ml = 0.5mg finasteride on my head for 2 weeks, then I just applied 2ml once in a week for the next 2 months. I got slight sides after the loading phase but they all disappeared while switching to once per week application. In the next 2months i had zero noticeable side effects using this method, both erection and pleasure came back.

For dutasteride experiment I also made a sol of 0.025% using 2ml per application =0.5mg duta on my head.
Now some may comment about dutasteride not dissolving or not being able to penetrate, but that only applies to raw powder dutasteride. Commercial dutasteride(avodart) comes in capsules which contain an oily substance so I read what it is, and it turns out is "mono and diglycerides of caprylic/capric acid(capmul mcm) and butylated hydroxytoluen" . A short search on this revealed this is a solubizer and permiation enhancer used in nanoemulsions and liposomal products. Cool, so dutasteride is already dissolved in this and has a perm enhancer too. So mixing this in minoxidil solution could work.
I shook the sol for 1h then let it rest for a day. Next day I applied the 2ml(0.5mg) and rubbed with dropper itself. Had no sides for 1 week. Then I applied again at the same dosage and after 24h I already was experimenting sides which i'm 4 days in, and have not ameliorated. I can get a proper erection but only with continuous stimulation also there is no sensation of pleasure especially on those muscles around penis.

So this proves at least 3 things
-Avodart in minoxidil or other alcohol based solution is doable at home
-Duta in gels used by the other forum members are more appropriate for topical delivery. As you can with classic minoxidil solution you still get high systemic absorption even if used a 0.025 solution.
- If you want to experiment with topical dutasteride you just have to take blood tests untill you find a dosage and method that works for you. There are a ton of variables to consider from scalp condition, temperature, humidity., number of existing follicles which enhance drug penetration and so on.

After my sides go away I will probably try a dutasteride solution with 0.1mg drug on scalp not the full 0.5mg once per month and topical finasteride once per week in betweens to see how that goes.

Also a personal question if there are scientists here. When drug dosages are established they are done relative to the mass of individual ex 1mg/kg. In case of dutasteride 0.5mg was established as the stantard dose for a male. Assuming you have 70 kilos that' 0.5mg is enough for entire kilos of tissues right? So my question is, if you put that 0.5mg on a small part like scalp could this be dangerous or citotoxic?
It's easy. If he had even more than 0.1mgs of dutasteride in his system, we would clearly see a drop in his blood tests. That means the systemic absorption is indeed minimal and if you adjust the regularity of applications, you can get a favorable amount of scalp DHT inhibition while your serum DHT not being as affected. This has been also proven with dutasteride mesotherapy which has good success rate with minimal sides. Just because someone else couldn't think of applying it infrequently since 2003 until now doesn't make this experiment lose any credibility. From the tests and anectodes, it works and it is relatively safer.

Canuto

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

If you make such bold claims, you need to provide evidences for that. I had a terrible brain fog within 1 hour of applying topical liposomal dutasteride from Farmacia Parati, which means the drug got absorbed pretty fast.

Regarding hormonal fluctuation, all the hormones fluctuates. It means all the blood tests would be pointless. He kept it consistent and took his values at the same time in the morning. I wouldn't call that irrelevant.
Also, don't forget the inhibition curve is quite steep, so you just need a tiny bit and it will show in a blood test.

dgadgdea

My Regimen
Reaction score

This sounds interesting, do you remember where you saw this and can you point me to it?

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
A transplant and a very low dose of liposomal Duta every 3rd/4th day will be my not too distant plan.

StayPositive

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
To all the users of this forum, just to be clear : topical dutasteride goes systemic to an extend, enough to bring sides effects, without a doubt.

Also, you should always remember that 0.05mg of finasteride inhib almost as much DHT as 1mg of finasteride. It's probably the same mechanism for dutasteride

So, even if a very very small quantity of the dutasteride you're applying to you scalp goes systemic, there is a high chance of important Serum DHT reduction.

Obviously, topical dutasteride is a lot safer than the oral version. But just to be clear: on the Discord there are way more people who have sides with topical dutasteride than the contrary. Way more.

Last edited:

SausageDawg

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
To all the users of this forum, just to be clear : topical dutasteride goes systemic to an extend, enough to bring sides effects, without a doubt.

Also, you should always remember that 0.05mg of finasteride inhib almost as much DHT as 1mg of finasteride. It's probably the same mechanism for dutasteride

So, even if a very very small quantity of the dutasteride you're applying to you scalp goes systemic, there is a high chance of important Serum DHT reduction.

Obviously, topical dutasteride is a lot safer that the oral version. But just to be clear: on the Discord there are way more people who have sides with topical dutasteride than the contrary. Way more.

Not saying anything you said was wrong but the reason I havent counted topical duta out is the sides that have been revealed are mostly all bearable BUT they do indeed indicate some systemic inhibition. The % of dht inhibition could be night and day for some users

StayPositive

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You just wrote that it CERTAINLY did, but you CAN'T attribute it to topical dutasteride. Are you for real? The king of contraddictions.

1) You still didn't get it. Not surprising.

2) This goes along with you owning 3 businesses and having a complex pharmaceutical formula for your topical dutasteride that you couldn't disclose on a forum. My regimen is actually inspired by your claims.
Sorry pal, but you have been proven to be a liar. What you claim is worth 0.

3) Sure. E2 is irrelevant because it fluctuates wildly according to you, but with DHT you have to go with the average leakage. You clearly still didn't get what paracrine hormone means. E2 and DHT work the same exact way.
Google it, educate yourself.

4) You clearly didn't know it, since you said that he's enjoying high free T4 levels which is not a bad thing. Quite the opposite. Keep contradicting yourself.

Mustang is the Supreme God of contradiction

20 pages of constant contradiction. What a performance!

But the fact that a lot of people on this thread don't see it is stunning :D

Hope just makes you blind

Last edited:

StayPositive

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not saying anything you said was wrong but the reason I havent counted topical duta out is the sides that have been revealed are mostly all bearable BUT they do indeed indicate some systemic inhibition. The % of dht inhibition could be night and day for some users

I understand what you're saying, but the fact is just that the great majority of people who tried, even at low dose, got sides. I am not talking about theory, i am talking about reality.

Also with 5 AR inhibitors, sides at the beginning of the treatment (even light sides) mean more severe sides in the long term.

I just received my topical dutasteride yesterday, i will try it soon. But i am not delusional about the fact that it will probably bring sides

Last edited:

SausageDawg

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I understand what you're saying, but the fact is just that the great majority of people who tried, even at low dose, got sides. I am not talking about theory, i am talking about reality.

Also with 5 AR inhibitors, sides at the beginning of the treatment , even light sides, mean more severe sides in the long term.

I just received my topical dutasteride yesterday, i will try it soon. But i am not delusional about the fact that it will probably bring sides

Yeah completely understand that, I think my theory is even the people who tolerate 5ar inhibitors quite well do sometimes get them initial light sides like ballache etc. then they can have no more issues. I truly have read a great deal of people who claim no sides for 7,8,9 years + so we can definitely hope... I hope! But if you're sensitive, you're sensitive and maybe any inhibition could cause intolerable sides so igy.

You're a fuckin soldier for trying the duta and I truly wish you the best with it. I hope to be joining you soon enough but I really really want my bloodwork done 1st. I can see you're a realist but try not to EXPECT sides if you catch my drift;) placebo trials prove your minds a powerful thing at least somewhat.

telogen

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Also with 5 AR inhibitors, sides at the beginning of the treatment , even light sides, mean more severe sides in the long term.
Is this your experience? I've been trying liposomal dutasteride 1% for several months now, applying it every two weeks,
and its giving me substantial headaches lasting for many days after application. Was hoping to ride it out, but if it's only going to get worse
this stuff is not manageable in the long run

oddmood

My Regimen
Reaction score
This sounds interesting, do you remember where you saw this and can you point me to it?

I read it here calvizie.net/forum/threads/7-mesi-dutasteride-e-livelli-dht-aumentati.72595/ . You will have to use browser's translate function. OP didn't provide well documented results only some numbers so you will have to trust him. Also it was T not free T that raised a lot.

Equal Rights

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah completely understand that, I think my theory is even the people who tolerate 5ar inhibitors quite well do sometimes get them initial light sides like ballache etc. then they can have no more issues. I truly have read a great deal of people who claim no sides for 7,8,9 years + so we can definitely hope... I hope! But if you're sensitive, you're sensitive and maybe any inhibition could cause intolerable sides so igy.

You're a fuckin soldier for trying the duta and I truly wish you the best with it. I hope to be joining you soon enough but I really really want my bloodwork done 1st. I can see you're a realist but try not to EXPECT sides if you catch my drift;) placebo trials prove your minds a powerful thing at least somewhat.
I can be another example of sides coming back! When I started duta i had the ball pains for a week, literally feels like blue balls. Then no sides for 8months, on the 8th month I got VERY bloated face and my beard very suddenly lost half of its density (and i mean half, I went from armanian density to highschool peach fuzz). After 1 week of discontinuing duta and going back to finasteride, my face returned to normal, beard also coming back, most likely being helped by oral castor oil and oral min. Cant attest for sexual sides as I was single and my way of masturbation then didn't require an erection. Changing that now to keep a close eye on it.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
For those anyone reading, don't believe people saying there won't be systemic absorption. There will be systemic abosorption but it looks like it's lesser than how much topical finasteride goes sysyemic. And, also, from the graphs from original GSK study on dutasteride, Anything below 0.1 mg pretty much just blocks 30% DHT or even less, around saw palmetto territory I would say. Its half life is also dependent on the dose. From the study, 0.1 mg one dose dutasteride clears out of system in 1-2 days which is even shorter than finasteride I believe, also DHT recovers fully in a week.

It's nonetheless a better option than taking an oral drug for local effect only.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
For those of you who have or had been using topical dutasteride, I would like you to reply to a few questions for my spreadsheet.

1) For how long have/had you been using topical dutasteride?
2) What is/was your topicals concentration?
3) What is/was your application frequency?
4) When did you get sides if you got them?
5) What was your experience in regards to effect/side effects on oral treatment compared to a topical one, if you ever used antiandrogens orally

SausageDawg

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I can be another example of sides coming back! When I started duta i had the ball pains for a week, literally feels like blue balls. Then no sides for 8months, on the 8th month I got VERY bloated face and my beard very suddenly lost half of its density (and i mean half, I went from armanian density to highschool peach fuzz). After 1 week of discontinuing duta and going back to finasteride, my face returned to normal, beard also coming back, most likely being helped by oral castor oil and oral min. Cant attest for sexual sides as I was single and my way of masturbation then didn't require an erection. Changing that now to keep a close eye on it.

Was it oral duta you tried? It's so strange that your body achieved homeostasis for 8 months and then it suddenly crashes! But then again it seems to happen repeatedly. What was your reason from switching from fina to duta in the 1st place?

Equal Rights

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Was it oral duta you tried? It's so strange that your body achieved homeostasis for 8 months and then it suddenly crashes! But then again it seems to happen repeatedly. What was your reason from switching from fina to duta in the 1st place?
I get 0 positive effects from dht blockers. finasteride did nothing, duta did nothing. No shed, just losing as fast as before. Tried combining with RU and that's when I noticed sides. Still not sure whether they are from duta, RU, or just a year worth of dht blockers in general. Also the entire time on duta, I did have much smaller load size, but that never bothered me.

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
I get 0 positive effects from dht blockers. finasteride did nothing, duta did nothing. No shed, just losing as fast as before. Tried combining with RU and that's when I noticed sides. Still not sure whether they are from duta, RU, or just a year worth of dht blockers in general. Also the entire time on duta, I did have much smaller load size, but that never bothered me.
When you say losing, do you mean shedding? Sometimes shedding stays the same but your hair itself is getting over time or maintaining