Topical Cetrizine for Hair Loss instead of Finasteride (Propecia)

Nashville Hairline

Experienced Member
Reaction score
topically 1mg/1ml... dropped it to .5mg,..... still spacy
Bad luck on the sides; only a small amount of people using cet should experience fatigue ..but for the rest of us at least its an opinion to suggest that it does penetrate the scalp when applied topically.

I recently passed the three month mark of approx 1 x cetirizine applied topically with water per day and so far its hard to see any shift beyond the initial vellus growth on my temples. But I'm remaining patient. Its so cheap to buy its a no-brainer to keep experimenting with it.

Conpecia

Reaction score
Well it's good to see Casperz back around and I'm glad you guys are pressing onward with this stuff. Back in October I was optimistic that this was a major breakthrough, judging from the results I'd have to say it isn't what I was hoping for, but I still think we're onto something.

My only question is if there is anyone who has been taking CET since at least November whose hair has continued to fall out, ie for whom CET has done absolutely nothing.

I understand a lot of guys have backed off because of the sheds, but I want to know if those of you who stuck with it have stopped shedding and experiences no further loss.

My hope for this is that it could be a silver bullet for stopping loss, which would be all I need to maintain until superior regrowth treatments are available.

So any info is appreciated, thanks guys.

JulioGP

Reaction score
Hello everybody. It is with great pleasure that I come here to report that we are also testing it here in Brazil. We have a good group on a forum site with over 7,000 members. A small group is participating in the experiment, but any result that I perceive to be significant, come share with you. We are still in the 1st week of application. Good luck to all of us and that the results presented here remain happening.
hugs

cuprous

Reaction score
Hello everybody. It is with great pleasure that I come here to report that we are also testing it here in Brazil. We have a good group on a forum site with over 7,000 members. A small group is participating in the experiment, but any result that I perceive to be significant, come share with you. We are still in the 1st week of application. Good luck to all of us and that the results presented here remain happening.
hugs

Nice going! The more participants the better.Don't forget to keep us posted - even if it doesn't work out!

JulioGP

Reaction score
Yes! I'll keep them updated, even if it does not work. But we are all very excited, because the results of the photos here are awesome. Really hard to believe that there isn´t use of Finasteride or any other topic known as Spectral DNC (which has Minoxidil). Congratulations on the work of the guys to explore this new product.

Reaction score
Bad luck on the sides; only a small amount of people using cet should experience fatigue ..but for the rest of us at least its an opinion to suggest that it does penetrate the scalp when applied topically.

I recently passed the three month mark of approx 1 x cetirizine applied topically with water per day and so far its hard to see any shift beyond the initial vellus growth on my temples. But I'm remaining patient. Its so cheap to buy its a no-brainer to keep experimenting with it.

i cant catch a break with the sides... everything i take i get sides... makes no sense....

On the flip side, im a very good responder to most medications, just need a combo that doesn't effect my daily thinking habits, i need my brain for real life, hair or not..

JulioGP

Reaction score
Friends, as previously reported, we are doing a test group also in Brazil, but many questions are emerging and have not found answers to these very clear in all the previous pages.

We are very interested in following the trial based on the reports of the group, because for that substance we here don´t have much concrete knowledge and would appreciate if someone could answer some questions to help us.

We know that in general the oral has more effect that the topical use for a series of things connected to the hair, such as finasteride, minoxidil or flutamide. Does anyone know if the trials of this medication by mouth did not report such things?

The Cetirizine has effects on the baldness either orally or topically? From what read, the staff are not having side effects with topical, but it was reported that the prolonged use of oral was not indicated. Should still be used orally and having side effects, stopping the use effects disappear?

If orally worked, how long we have to take? Forever and daily as, for example, finasteride?

Using topically what will be the best vehicle to penetrate the scalp? Probably there is some better than water, but by the reports we see that an alcoholic solution was not indicated because it can cause irritation.

To make a topical solution, 50ml of for example, how many tablets have to be crushed and diluted in said solution?
We would be grateful if anyone can help with these questions on a trial to follow here similar to what you are using and expanding the sample to add more information about the results.
Best Regards

- - - Updated - - -

BrightonBaldy

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi.

We're still trying to figure out the best solution but I'm sure there wll be somebody on here with a good idea, also I think everybody on here is using it topically as long term there could be a long term issue with your liver and kidneys when taken orally.

With enough people on board I'm sure something will come out of this.

cuprous

Reaction score
Julio - most people are doing one 10mg tablet dissolved into 1ml of water. So for 25mg, dissolve 25 tablets. Most of us then run the dissolved mixture through a coffee filter to get the inert fillers out although some are just using it with the fillers. In general - it's all a big experiment.

- - - Updated - - -

I thought you guys might appreciate this:

From: http://www.rxlist.com/zyrtec-drug/clinical-pharmacology.htm

A mass balance study in 6 healthy male volunteers indicated that 70% of the administered radioactivity was recovered in the urine and 10% in the feces. Approximately 50% of the radioactivity was identified in the urine as unchanged drug. Most of the rapid increase in peak plasma radioactivity was associated with parent drug, suggesting a low degree of first-pass metabolism.

In other words even if we are getting systemic absorption through the skin it's unlikely that the body is experiencing a different dose of cet than that which it gets via oral ingestion.

My latest batch is 10 x10mg pills to 25mL water. No filtering.

JulioGP

Reaction score
Thanks for the explanations cuprous. I'm going here for the Group's information forum dosage of 10mg/ml.
What is puzzling is why not before detected by the appearance of the clinical trial, because there are always bald in these groups, this product(Cetirizine) is ancient.
Let's hope we have a good outcome, just like you here. I'll keep you updated.
Hugs.

JulioGP

Reaction score
Hello everybody,
We know that the best of all worlds would be to reduce the levels of prostaglandin PGD2 (which are bad for the hair) and increase levels of prostaglandin PGE2 and PGF2 (which are good for the hair). Knowing that Minoxidil is capable of increasing the levels of PGE2 and PGF2, it would be a good idea used in conjunction with Cetirizine? Is there anyone doing this use together, because it seems that so far all was diluted in water. Nor would it be better dilution in saline solution?
There is also the Castor Oil that many already know raise levels of PGE2 and PGF2, then, maybe would be a good adjuvant to enhance the results.

Chromeo

Established Member
Reaction score
I am using minoxidil as well as Cet, but not at the same time. I apply Cet with water, wait a couple of hours, rinse it off and apply the Minoxidil, then repeat later in the day. That's not a method that's going to be particularly convenient for everyone but I have the luxury of being able to do that. There have been suggestions that alcohol vehicles, such as the one used in Minoxidil solutions, could have a detrimental effect on the Cetirizine, although some may dispute this.

I agree with the idea of the double-whammy, lowering PGD2 with Cet and boosting PGE2 with Minoxidil. It seems to be working thus far.

If we can get more people on board, some trying out the same method as myself and some testing out different variations, we should be able to put together a bigger picture. Topical application of Cetirizine definitely has some effect, we just don't know the optimum dosage, best vehicle etc etc.

cthulhu

Banned
Reaction score
you guys should be focusing on activating pgf2 which is what bimatoprost does and is currently in trials for male pattern baldness(just finished phase II).

Chromeo

Established Member
Reaction score
Bimatoprost is too cost-prohibitive for most at the moment, sadly. Any other known methods of doing that?

BrightonBaldy

Established Member
Reaction score
I am using minoxidil as well as Cet, but not at the same time. I apply Cet with water, wait a couple of hours, rinse it off and apply the Minoxidil, then repeat later in the day. That's not a method that's going to be particularly convenient for everyone but I have the luxury of being able to do that. There have been suggestions that alcohol vehicles, such as the one used in Minoxidil solutions, could have a detrimental effect on the Cetirizine, although some may dispute this.

I agree with the idea of the double-whammy, lowering PGD2 with Cet and boosting PGE2 with Minoxidil. It seems to be working thus far.

If we can get more people on board, some trying out the same method as myself and some testing out different variations, we should be able to put together a bigger picture. Topical application of Cetirizine definitely has some effect, we just don't know the optimum dosage, best vehicle etc etc.

last year i posted a study showing cetirizine boosts pge2 aswell as reducing pgd2.

please dont ask me to find it....!