Topical Cetrizine for Hair Loss instead of Finasteride (Propecia)

BrightonBaldy

Established Member
Reaction score
right, thats what ive been doing, im sure i read somewhere either on this thread or the other one on the research forum about people isolating the cetrizine

i cant find any guides on how this could be done

antman

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes, its very easy to separate the CIT from the filler – I just used stuff that I already had at home (I was very surprised I has all this stuff)

1. put 60 CIT tables in crusher
  2. crush pills
  3. add 60ml water to crusher
  4. pour into coffee filter paper
  5. very quickly put into funnel
  6. leave it for a day
  7. you’ll see all the filler left over in the coffee paper and a milky substance left over in the container
  8. pour CIT solution into old (used) minoxidil container

Tqx05.jpg

BrightonBaldy

Established Member
Reaction score
would it speed up the filtration to use hot water?

- - - Updated - - -

ok, ive done it with a whole pile of cet pills, shall leave t overnight, ill start application tomorrow.

are we sure we're diltering out the right stuff lol

antman

Established Member
Reaction score
honestly, i have no idea (the hot water, filtering and minoxidil part)- this is a 'stab in the dark' for me - i just followed other people's instructions.

-there's a lot of stuff that gets through the filter

Diamond Dave

Established Member
Reaction score
Any regrowth? Are you using finasteride?

No finasteride. As stated in my previous post I am using Cet and distilled water only. No other topicals or internals.

I put 90 Cet pills in my bottle, I don't even crush them bc they dissolve easily in water, and add the distilled water of about 3 ounces. I shake the bottle vigorously to get things started and let the bottle sit over night. When I'm ready to use the new batch I pour the solution into another bottle through a natural, unbleached coffee filter to remove the filler material. This leaves me with the milky white Cet solution. It applies easily and is undetectable.

Been just over 5 weeks and I have tons of vellus hairs all over entire scalp and pre-existing hairs are turning thicker/darker.

Sparky4444

Reaction score
No finasteride. As stated in my previous post I am using Cet and distilled water only. No other topicals or internals.

I put 90 Cet pills in my bottle, I don't even crush them bc they dissolve easily in water, and add the distilled water of about 3 ounces. I shake the bottle vigorously to get things started and let the bottle sit over night. When I'm ready to use the new batch I pour the solution into another bottle through a natural, unbleached coffee filter to remove the filler material. This leaves me with the milky white Cet solution. It applies easily and is undetectable.

Been just over 5 weeks and I have tons of vellus hairs all over entire scalp and pre-existing hairs are turning thicker/darker.

Should get this info to DLR...he needs it...man, he had such wicked hair back in the day...now ****ty hair, and he's lost his voice...man, life's harsh...btw, I am a huge VH fan

Letac

Reaction score

I understand it correctly when I say that you throw away the white stuff that turns up in the bottom after you have let it stay in the fridge over night, right? Then you use the water, which is a bit "foggy" and spray this on the scalp?

I have added emu oil to my "regime". No alcohol. Hopefully it will work. Only about two weeks in, and nothing much to report at the moment.

Is it only in the area where you spray the cet that there will grow hair, or do you think that this might spread out and give growth to the rest of the scalp aswell?

Diamond Dave

Established Member
Reaction score
you throw away the white stuff that turns up in the bottom after you have let it stay in the fridge over night, right? Then you use the water, which is a bit "foggy" and spray this on the scalp?

I have added emu oil to my "regime".

Is it only in the area where you spray the cet that there will grow hair, or do you think that this might spread out and give growth to the rest of the scalp aswell?

Yes, you throw out the filler material that settles to the bottom of the bottle. It gets filtered out anyway when I pour the solution through a coffee filter into another bottle. I never put the bottles in the fridge. No need to.

I tried emu oil for about 4 months. Did nothing for me.

I do not spray the Cet. I use a small 3 ounce squeeze bottle and allow the Cet to drop out onto my scalp, then I lightly rub it in as it disperses over my scalp. I apply it generously to my entire scalp.

And for Sparx4444....you're right, Diamond David Lee Roth needs to find this thread. Van Halen during the DLR years is my favorite band. DLR was the man.

cuprous

Reaction score
Just noting that I'm a bout 1.5 weeks in with applying cet to one temple and am now, I believe, seeing vellus hairs start to push through. Nothing that would appear on a picture but visible to the naked eye at certain angles. When I doubt myself I look at the other temple which is slick bald. I've a photo from before will take another in a few weeks / months if there's anything worth showing off.

Whatever the case, pretty amazing our home-brew concoctions are actually causing growth and fast at that.

jimmy360

Reaction score

Good to hear/ congrats! I'm wondering what effect the cet has had on shedding? Have you noticed a decrease? Thanks, and I wish you continued success on this.

form

Reaction score
Well, it's been one month since starting cet.

Here are some observations I've had:

• Huge amount of shedding. I don't know if this is a good or bad sign.
  • Hairs that are shedding seem to be stronger than I've noticed in the past.
  • No real noticeable amount of new growth.

I took pics the day I started, as well as yesterday. I was able to line up the photos decently and zoomed in, but I don't see a big difference. There may be a couple new hairs but nothing obvious.

I may post the pictures later, but I'm not sure. My hair looks like **** and I just had one of those moments where I considered shaving it all off. I'm going to stick with this for at least another month as I've had a bad shed when first starting minoxidil in the past. This part sucks. :(

-form

Reaction score
So what's the relationship between PGD2 and DHT? I think there must be something that we didn't know.
The study points that PGD2 is elevated in bald scalp, PGD2 level is 3 times than that of the haired scalp. Maybe we should known that whether the PGD2 is reduced when we applied cet on the scalp.
In additional, we know that finasteride is effective for most of us, and we know it reduces DHT in our body, what we need to know is whether finasteride can reduces the PGD2 in the bald scalp.
Then we can possibly know the relationship between the two which I think is very important.
Anyone knows how to measure the PGD2 level in our scalp??????

Reaction score
So what's the relationship between PGD2 and DHT? I think there must be something that we didn't know.
The study points that PGD2 is elevated in bald scalp, PGD2 level is 3 times than that of the haired scalp. Maybe we should known that whether the PGD2 is reduced when we applied cet on the scalp.
In additional, we know that finasteride is effective for most of us, and we know it reduces DHT in our body, what we need to know is whether finasteride can reduces the PGD2 in the bald scalp.
Then we can possibly know the relationship between the two which I think is very important.
Anyone knows how to measure the PGD2 level in our scalp??????

I see it as a an auto immune disorder. You hit puberty and turn into a horny bastard which cranks up the dht and in turn the pgd2 reacts in some guys . Just a theory.

Diamond Dave

Established Member
Reaction score

• Just wondering what you are mixing Cet with to apply it to your scalp.
    I'm only using distilled water and never had a shed, just regrowth. Been on Cet about 6 weeks now with no sides.

R2D2

Reaction score
I see it as a an auto immune disorder. You hit puberty and turn into a horny bastard which cranks up the dht and in turn the pgd2 reacts in some guys . Just a theory.

PGD2 is possibly a by-product of the high DHT and I think your theory is closer to what is happening than most theory's. However
the reverse is true regarding DHT. DHT/testostorone is cranked up and then you turn into a horny bastard. :D

DHT plays a definite role in the process, castrate yourself before puberty and there will be no loss, of course you
would not be male anymore. And obviously there is a genetic component since there are guys that never lose their hair.

Chromeo

Established Member
Reaction score
  • Just wondering what you are mixing Cet with to apply it to your scalp.
    I'm only using distilled water and never had a shed, just regrowth. Been on Cet about 6 weeks now with no sides.

I'm also using only water with Cet and have experienced no shed and no sides, only regrowth.

casperz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Well I may have taken a step back. When I mixed my last batch of Cet I doubled the amount of Cet
and I also used PG/alcohol for the first time. I've been using this batch for a little over a week and my
scalp has been itching the past 3 or 4 days and I've noticed a lot more hairs in the sink. I'm thinking
I'm not going to risk it and just go back to a Cet/Water mix. I think I was using a 1% mix previously and
went to 2% according to this calculator: http://www.follacure.com/t/solution-calculation Not sure if it's the
double dose of Cet or the PG/Alcohol but I'm not liking the results, my scalp has not itched like this in a long time.

I also found a study while trying to avoid family over the holidays http://www.follacure.com/t/cetrizine that seems to
indicate that for people with auto-immune form of hair loss that taking Cetrizine orally worked. There are also some other
studies that show PGD2 is reduced. All in all this is all good news.

- - - Updated - - -

I took pics the day I started, as well as yesterday. I was able to line up the photos decently and zoomed in, but I don't see a big difference. There may be a couple new hairs but nothing obvious.

I may post the pictures later, but I'm not sure. My hair looks like **** and I just had one of those moments where I considered shaving it all off. I'm going to stick with this for at least another month as I've had a bad shed when first starting minoxidil in the past. This part sucks. :(

-form

Can you tell us more about your mixture? Maybe we can form an idea of what does not work.

Diamond Dave

Established Member
Reaction score
When I mixed my last batch of Cet I doubled the amount of Cet
and I also used PG/alcohol for the first time. I've been using this batch for a little over a week and my
scalp has been itching the past 3 or 4 days and I've noticed a lot more hairs in the sink.
That seems to be a common issue with PG/alcohol users.

I'm currrently at 900mg Cet/3oz distilled water with no issues. Scalp is in great condition.