Topical Cetrizine for Hair Loss instead of Finasteride (Propecia)

ohmanohno

Established Member
Reaction score
Been using for the past week. Have hardly lost any hair at all. Once it dries it leaves my hair looking full.

zeroes

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yes, its very easy to separate the CIT from the filler – I just used stuff that I already had at home (I was very surprised I has all this stuff)

1. put 60 CIT tables in crusher
  2. crush pills
  3. add 60ml water to crusher
  4. pour into coffee filter paper
  5. very quickly put into funnel
  6. leave it for a day
  7. you’ll see all the filler left over in the coffee paper and a milky substance left over in the container
  8. pour CIT solution into old (used) minoxidil container

Tqx05.jpg

When i ran my old batch through the coffee filter it was clear with no hint of milky look.

casperz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
When i ran my old batch through the coffee filter it was clear with no hint of milky look.

How's the sticky-ness after going through the filter?

- - - Updated - - -

That seems to be a common issue with PG/alcohol users.

I'm currrently at 900mg Cet/3oz distilled water with no issues. Scalp is in great condition.

That was me about a week ago...scalp has not looked better, I guess that's what I get for trying to improve on things. It
may be the PG/alcohol is more to blame than the higher dose of Cet.

zeroes

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It's never felt sticky, i drop the solution onto my palm and use my fingers to apply.

Diamond Dave

Established Member
Reaction score

I don't get that. Cet gives the water a milky look. I use natural, unbleached coffee filters and after I filter out the filler material I am left with milky looking water. It would bother me to find clear water after filtering, as if the Cet was gone.

zeroes

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Im worried about that as well. It was nice and milky prior to running it through the filter. Plenty of filter got left behind.

Im making another batch and will try running it through the filter again.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe i need to crush cet up really fine, cet seemed to dissolve really well.

- - - Updated - - -

I crushed some tabs up really fine and ran it through a coffee filter like antmans and this time it became much more milky looking.

Looks like you need to crush up the tabs nice and fine and not just dump it into water.

Diamond Dave

Established Member
Reaction score
Looks like you need to crush up the tabs nice and fine and not just dump it into water.
I do exactly that though. I just drop the Cet pills directly in the distilled water (no crushing) and shake vigorously to start the dissolving process. I'll shake it a few more times before I let it sit over night and filter it in to another bottle the next day.

Is it possible that you didn't let the solution sit long enough to fully dissolve?

casperz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I do exactly that though. I just drop the Cet pills directly in the distilled water (no crushing) and shake vigorously to start the dissolving process. I'll shake it a few more times before I let it sit over night and filter it in to another bottle the next day.

Is it possible that you didn't let the solution sit long enough to fully dissolve?

There was a post a earlier on this thread about the solubility of Cet in water and the poster had calculated the maximum solution
that could be dissolved and it was pretty low. I wonder if the milkiness is due to undissolved Cet? Maybe we need to warm the
liquid slightly to improve that?

I noticed this morning that I have very noticeable thickening around the horseshoe at the top of my head. The center
thinning area has also gotten smaller. It reminds me of the type of growth I was getting when I was on my KSR regime 3 or 4
years ago. So it seems at this point Certrizine is helping the existing non balding hairs quite a bit.

Diamond Dave

Established Member
Reaction score
I noticed this morning that I have very noticeable thickening around the horseshoe at the top of my head. The center
thinning area has also gotten smaller. It reminds me of the type of growth I was getting when I was on my KSR regime 3 or 4
years ago. So it seems at this point Certrizine is helping the existing non balding hairs quite a bit.

I was glad to see an update from you casperz since its been a little while. You and I seem to be experiencing similar results.
Its about 6 weeks for me now and all looks very promising.

I actually consider the milky look of the Cet solution as a good thing bc I know the Cet is there in concentration.
Btw...how many Cet tablets are you using now per bottle?

casperz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I was glad to see an update from you casperz since its been a little while.

Haha... I'll take that as sarcasm since i posted an update two days ago.

I actually consider the milky look of the Cet solution as a good thing bc I know the Cet is there in concentration.
Btw...how many Cet tablets are you using now per bottle?

But if the Cet is not dissolved will it not just sit on the scalp?

zeroes

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I tried to filter out a larger quantity that I let sit over night and was crushed and it was clear again. I am going with unfiltered from now on. I use the same filter as antman.

Chromeo

Established Member
Reaction score
I am seeing results from simply dissolving Cet in the water (without crushing) overnight and drawing off the top.

I'd also be worried that filtering the solution would perhaps take out too much of the Cet from the mix and reduce the effectiveness overall. I'm going to stick to the method that appears to be working so far.

antman

Established Member
Reaction score
I don’t have any cosmetic improvement but I do have a lot of vellus hair growth.

I look in the same mirror very day and I didn’t c these before CET.

The before pic is normal,
the after pic has a bit of paint that I brushed on my hair.

w242Z.jpg

wWjZT.jpg

Diamond Dave

Established Member
Reaction score
But if the Cet is not dissolved will it not just sit on the scalp?

Maybe we're confusing terms or defining "dissolved" differently. (where's Bill Clinton when you need him).

I consider the Cet tablets "dissolved" when they disappear in the water from their solid state and all you're left with is the milky water with the filler material at the bottom.

I don't see how its reasonable to expect "clear water" from a bottle that you dump a lot of Cet in to.

I don't understand how some users claim that after they filter their milky Cet solution through a coffee filter the solution is clear again. How is that possible with a coffee filter?
When you brew a pot of coffee the coffee is black. How could a simple paper coffee filter completely remove dissolved Cet from water but pass coffee through?

casperz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Maybe we're confusing terms or defining "dissolved" differently. (where's Bill Clinton when you need him).

I consider the Cet tablets "dissolved" when they disappear in the water from their solid state and all you're left with is the milky water with the filler material at the bottom.

I don't see how its reasonable to expect "clear water" from a bottle that you dump a lot of Cet in to.

I don't understand how some users claim that after they filter their milky Cet solution through a coffee filter the solution is clear again. How is that possible with a coffee filter?
When you brew a pot of coffee the coffee is black. How could a simple paper coffee filter completely remove dissolved Cet from water but pass coffee through?

From what I remember from Chemistry in high school there is a limit to the amount of solid you can dissolve in
a liquid and it's effected by the temp of the liquid. It also varies depending on the solid and what liquid you are using. I remember
the experiments we did to prove it but that's about all I remember. My only point is it may be that the water is milky because all the
Cet solid is not dissolved or some fillers are left over that do not dissolve.

Antman: that is some amazing regrowth! If it darkens you will have your temples back. Things are looking positive guys!

tedlin01

Established Member
Reaction score
I thought I add some pictures from my first mixing of Cetirizine.

The first thing I did was to crush up 60 pills really nice to white powder. It turned out to be quite a lot of powder!

IMG_0134.JPG

I then went forth mixed the powder with about 50ml of water. The solution turned white. Later on I learned that about 10 ml of the water will get cought up in the filter so next time I will go for 60ml as previously people have suggested.

IMG_0113.JPG

I mixed the solution with the spoon for about 2 minutes and then I coudn't be patient enought to let it dissolve over the the night so I went ahead and pured it into the coffe filter I had put over an empty glass.

IMG_0120.JPG

After about 2 hours everything had wen't through the filter, leaving a thick white paste in the bottom of the filter. Looks alot like paint.

IMG_0122.JPG

In the glass I now have a foggy white solution that I will apply on my scalp for the upcoming days. Wish me the best of luck and good luck to you too if your going to try this out! :)

IMG_0127.JPG

zeroes

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The white powder that is left is bitter in taste, what cet should be.

I have nfi why I am having no luck filtering it out. I've wasted almost an entire bottle experimenting.