Topical Cetrizine for Hair Loss instead of Finasteride (Propecia)

orez

Reaction score
nope, non of that ... just drowsiness. plus i think i've been ODing at first using a spray to cover my entire scalp.

ohmanohno

Established Member
Reaction score
I tried this yesterday afternoon and had a hard time waking up this morning. Very tired today even after coffee. Not sure if its related or not.

orez

Reaction score
hmm ... may be a little of this goes a long way? then gain, we're all guinea pigs :p

drowsiness today was actually tolerable, may be coz i limited the spraying to a few squirts.

tedlin01

Established Member
Reaction score
I believe I'm jumping on this train, but can someone please answer some questions. Why are you dissolving it on water!? Why not use a standard vehicle (Ethanol/PG)?
Also, whats the relation between minoxidil and Cetirizine, should they be applied together or separately?

kalenji

Reaction score
hi, im new here.
Most off the people that using cet have sideeffects as drowsiness.

I have used cet 2 months(july and august) on a row in the past 20mg (in the morning)orally and the side effect of me was just the opposite i was more awake then before and i needed less sleep then before.
i decided to quit with cet because i found this strange.
Im also using minoxidil since february, but the last months i didn,t see any improvement.

But know i use cet again, but as a topical just 100ml water mixed with 100mg cet.
After 2 weeks i see more velushairs coming and some velushair that were there, are growing longer and thicker.
i use it in the morning and after its dry then i apply the minoxidil.
In the evening i use again cet.
and know i have again the same effect that i need less sleep, but its even more then when i used it orally, maybe its because the quantity off the topical is more effective then before.

Know im thinking of to use cet only in the morning with the minoxidil, because its holding me awake in the night and that can be really annoying.

if i have pictures where i can see results, then i will post them here.

ukmale24

Established Member
Reaction score
hi guys, sorry i was following this thread months ago but then i wandered off and now i'm back. really don't have the time to sit through the rest of it :(

but how are you guys applying the cet if you're not mixing it with minoxidil?

i've taken it orally a few times but i've not stuck with it, i may crush it up and put it in my folligen spray.

orez

Reaction score
I believe I'm jumping on this train, but can someone please answer some questions. Why are you dissolving it on water!? Why not use a standard vehicle (Ethanol/PG)?
Also, whats the relation between minoxidil and Cetirizine, should they be applied together or separately?

i believe the original idea was to remove the other components (fillers) that come with cet. cet is very soluble in water while those fillers aren't.

- - - Updated - - -

hi, im new here.
Most off the people that using cet have sideeffects as drowsiness.

I have used cet 2 months(july and august) on a row in the past 20mg (in the morning)orally and the side effect of me was just the opposite i was more awake then before and i needed less sleep then before.
i decided to quit with cet because i found this strange.
Im also using minoxidil since february, but the last months i didn,t see any improvement.

But know i use cet again, but as a topical just 100ml water mixed with 100mg cet.
After 2 weeks i see more velushairs coming and some velushair that were there, are growing longer and thicker.
i use it in the morning and after its dry then i apply the minoxidil.
In the evening i use again cet.
and know i have again the same effect that i need less sleep, but its even more then when i used it orally, maybe its because the quantity off the topical is more effective then before.

Know im thinking of to use cet only in the morning with the minoxidil, because its holding me awake in the night and that can be really annoying.

if i have pictures where i can see results, then i will post them here.

i guess it depends on the physiology of people, plus there are still many factors at play. dosage, frequency, other medication, allergic reactions, etc.

yeah, the general consensus is this does not work at all when taking it orally. i'm very curious why it seem to be more effective when applied topically ... basing on the sides most of us are having.

- - - Updated - - -

hi guys, sorry i was following this thread months ago but then i wandered off and now i'm back. really don't have the time to sit through the rest of it :(

but how are you guys applying the cet if you're not mixing it with minoxidil?

i've taken it orally a few times but i've not stuck with it, i may crush it up and put it in my folligen spray.

general consensus from reading through forums is this doesn't work orally.

back read to the 1st post for casperz's instructions.

boobyinspector

Established Member
Reaction score
There's a drug for glaucoma called Xalatan. This is guaranteed to get your hair to grow if applied topically. Problem is it can cause PERMANENT hypertrichosis.

alebaba

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm also using it without minoxidil, its been 1 week now, will keep you guys posted. :)

nohawk

Established Member
Reaction score
Am I the only person applying Cet to actual hair as opposed to slick bald wastelands? Cause im on day 4 or so and have lost half my temples and hairline from this... went from looking 26 to 32 in a week.... beware

Cob984

Established Member
Reaction score
i have also been noticing a slight regression in temples, im not applying to slick bald areas either, could this be ? i just thought my mind was playing tricks on me

this + the fact it really makes me drowsy, think i might drop this

orez

Reaction score
i've read about people having massive shedding on this, before they grew vellus hairs. i hope it's just that for you guys.

on my side, i don't think i went through shedding. but i'm just at the start of week 2. that being said, i hope i'm not just imagining the feeling of stronger and kinda thicker looking hair lol

nohawk

Established Member
Reaction score
i've read about people having massive shedding on this, before they grew vellus hairs. i hope it's just that for you guys.

on my side, i don't think i went through shedding. but i'm just at the start of week 2. that being said, i hope i'm not just imagining the feeling of stronger and kinda thicker looking hair lol

Orez, any strange sexual sides? I keep researching and researching to find the connection between why every time I apply the Cet I get excruciating testicle pain (without fail). I am trying to understand the science but it seems no one has had this side effect, until the fella with the premature ejaculation. I have diluted my cet solution to about 1/4 of its original concentration and now instead of excruciating pain i get mild pain, so there is definitely a connection there.

Anyone? Anything? Is this prostaglandin produced by the testes?

alebaba

Established Member
Reaction score
Am I the only person applying Cet to actual hair as opposed to slick bald wastelands? Cause im on day 4 or so and have lost half my temples and hairline from this... went from looking 26 to 32 in a week.... beware

Theres no way you can lose that much hair in 4 days...

orez

Reaction score
Orez, any strange sexual sides? I keep researching and researching to find the connection between why every time I apply the Cet I get excruciating testicle pain (without fail). I am trying to understand the science but it seems no one has had this side effect, until the fella with the premature ejaculation. I have diluted my cet solution to about 1/4 of its original concentration and now instead of excruciating pain i get mild pain, so there is definitely a connection there.

Anyone? Anything? Is this prostaglandin produced by the testes?

that's scary. no i have not been getting that effect, but i'm fearing that i might have been over dosing at 1st that's why i lessened the volume i was putting in.

- - - Updated - - -

oops sorry, this isn't the thread i was reading months ago after all. i'll start from the beginning, cheers.

glad to be of help :D

zeroes

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I am getting more bumps on where i am applying Cet.

I might consider dropping it until its proven to work, i will give it a few more days yet.

michael.douglas18

Established Member
Reaction score
I am getting more bumps on where i am applying Cet.

I might consider dropping it until its proven to work, i will give it a few more days yet.

hey zeros remember me? 16 year old diffuser that tried toco 8 with you lol . im back here after 5 months of minoxidil with no results, this forum is interesting

zeroes

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Haha yeah I remember :)

I'll have a look at your thread when I get home from work.