Topical Cetirizine more effective twice a day?

Nostro100

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7741033

Cetirizine (0.1-10 micrograms/ml) enhanced PGE2 release by resting human monocytes. Concentrations of 1 and 10 micrograms/ml enhanced PGE2 release by LPS-stimulated monocytes, and by healthy and inflamed rat macrophages.

Doesn't this show that cetirizine stimulates PGE2?

Maave

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Quick answers:

Nobody is certain of cet's effectiveness yet. There is some evidence that it will work but not enough evidence to convince anybody to give up minoxidil. It's cheap enough to toss into a daily topical though. Cetirizine's half life is about 8 hours so 2x applications per day is better.

I've been on cet for two months (while I'm waiting for my doctor's appointment for AAs). Not long enough to know if it's working. Cet's instability is alcohol is annoying. When I run out of cet I'm going to move on to desloratadine, which is stable in alcohol.

Nostro100

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Quick answers:

Nobody is certain of cet's effectiveness yet. There is some evidence that it will work but not enough evidence to convince anybody to give up minoxidil. It's cheap enough to toss into a daily topical though. Cetirizine's half life is about 8 hours so 2x applications per day is better.

I've been on cet for two months (while I'm waiting for my doctor's appointment for AAs). Not long enough to know if it's working. Cet's instability is alcohol is annoying. When I run out of cet I'm going to move on to desloratadine, which is stable in alcohol.

Alcohol destroys cet

Maave

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah that's what I meant by "instability". I'm switching to deslo in the future for that reason.

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not really fully sure tbh, I think it works in blocking something. A little bit like an anti androgen. But not quite the same. I didn't go into reason much just heard of it working so decided to give it a shot
Josh is it working for you?

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score
Quick answers:

Updates?

killDHT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I use diclofenac sodium to kill PGD2, and sildenafil to increase VEGF. So far, I think I've achieved success, no itchy scalp, no red inflammation, and if these two drugs don't lose effect over time, I think I've cured hair loss on the road without anti androgenic drugs.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score

StayPositive

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I use diclofenac sodium to kill PGD2, and sildenafil to increase VEGF. So far, I think I've achieved success, no itchy scalp, no red inflammation, and if these two drugs don't lose effect over time, I think I've cured hair loss on the road without anti androgenic drugs.

Update?

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
So no pictures of anyone? I don't think this prostoglandin stuff is going to pay off if there aren't at least as good pics as finasteride. Thanks for doing the research. Every little bit helps the brotherhood....