Topical Cetirizine and reversal of hair loss: Clinical Study

RStGeorge

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Efficacy of Cetirizine 1% Versus Minoxidil 5% Topical Solution in the Treatment of Male Alopecia: A Randomized, Single-blind Controlled Study

Results: After 16 weeks, we observed a significant increase in total and vellus hair density in both minoxidil and cetirizine groups, but the improvement was much higher in the minoxidil group. The percentage of hair in the anagen phase also increased in both groups after 16 weeks of treatment, but then diminished after 8 weeks of placebo consumption. No significant adverse reactions associated with the administration of cetirizine solution were reported.

Get more hairloss research from http://www.reddit.com/r/hairlossresearch

EndlessPossibilities

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is def a great solution but the real question. What happens when u stop using it does it accelerate.

theis solution would be great if u can reverse and retard the affects and then e a break and it progresses as before and u use it again and it goes back again and that way it would be a an on and off treatment

Redgate

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Cetirizine lowers PGD2. It works to a certain extent but there are better chemicals to spend money on.

Dimitri001

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So what exactly was the magnitude of centrizine's effect and where can you procure it and at what price?

Janko

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So what exactly was the magnitude of centrizine's effect and where can you procure it and at what price?
You can even buy it already in luquid. Zyrtec

RStGeorge

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You can even buy it already in luquid. Zyrtec

Cetirizine is perhaps one of the easiest compounds to get.

As poster mentioned above, the product name is Zyrtec, used as an anti-histamine.

But don’t get oral version, unless you try to crush it and mix in solution.

It is however available as oral drops, which seem to be absorbed effectively when applied directly to scalp

Jakejr

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
BUT the improvement was much higher in the minoxidil group.

Ha ha. Minoxidil barely, barely, barely does ANYTHING. And this s_*t is beaten in vellus formation by a wide margin.

Take my advice it’s useless

RStGeorge

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
BUT the improvement was much higher in the minoxidil group.

Ha ha. Minoxidil barely, barely, barely does ANYTHING. And this s_*t is beaten in vellus formation by a wide margin.

Take my advice it’s useless

You are correct about its effectiveness compared to minoxidil, but I was simply hoping that maybe if added to minoxidil or even finasteride, whether the overall response would increase.

I don’t think any of the scientifically backed ‘alternate’ treatments are worth taking on their own.

But if I find something that improves the response I am getting to my min/dutasteride + stack, then maybe its worth a try.

But yes, the response rates are nothing to write home about

Nsas

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Cetirizine is perhaps one of the easiest compounds to get.

As poster mentioned above, the product name is Zyrtec, used as an anti-histamine.

But don’t get oral version, unless you try to crush it and mix in solution.

It is however available as oral drops, which seem to be absorbed effectively when applied directly to scalp
What oral drops? Are you referring to the oral syrup? It’s sticky with a lot of other additives.