Topical Bicalutamide (bla Bla Bla Bla Bla)

Kevand

Established Member
Reaction score
Bicalutamide reduces the size of the prostate gland and seminal vesicles,[171] though not of the testes.[172] Significantly reduced penile length is also a recognized adverse effect of ADT.[115][173] Reversible hypospermia or aspermia (that is, reduced or absent semen/ejaculate production) may occur.[174]

I would like a bigger dick dude not a smaller one

Those are recognized adverse effect of ADT. ADT usually includes chemical or surgical castration with anti-androgen. That's a heavy heavy therapy which nulify androgen signaling and testosterone levels. I think this adverse effect can't be extrapolerized to bicalutamide as a monotherapy. Bicalutamide as a monotherapy increase the testosterone level up to 2-fold which is problem in feminiziation and prostate cancer therapies, and should help in maintain sexual function. Studies, reviews and anedocts with bicalutamide as a monotherapy reports relatively few side sexual side effects which is even less with topical use.

Edit: I read the references and to be clear in their review ADT was a combined castration treatment. So the wikipedia information can be somewhat misleading.

Kevand

Established Member
Reaction score
we can get sides from surpassing testosterone...its an imbalance hormonally so we can get moody, breast pain, weight gain, hot flashes, period unscheduled, goes on...Of course I think a topical these are less likely or at least not as severe.

Be aware of the side effects of finasteride as well they can be pretty hard on the brain and should not be accepted if you experience any cognitive alterations.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Be aware of the side effects of finasteride as well they can be pretty hard on the brain and should not be accepted if you experience any cognitive alterations.

LOL my brain is so fried from stress this week I am not sure If I would be able to tell difference
But I haven't started it y et..I will keep it in mind.

Medina

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dude come on, what are you talking about? Your penis won't change the length from using an anti-androgen topical.

I wasn't talking about anything, I was quoting medical literature.

Are you suggesting that it doesn't matter if the drug goes systemic, these KNOWN side effects of some AA's can't happen? lol

Kevand

Established Member
Reaction score
I wasn't talking about anything, I was quoting medical literature.

Are you suggesting that it doesn't matter if the drug goes systemic, these KNOWN side effects of some AA's can't happen? lol

Plz read my post above

Medina

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Plz read my post above

I already read it. Isn't penile shrinkage a known side effect of most AA's? Albeit a rare one?

I'm not trying to put you off dude I'm trying to get to the facts. This drug goes into some detail about "reproductive changes".

That doesn't scare you?

Kevand

Established Member
Reaction score
I already read it. Isn't penile shrinkage a known side effect of most AA's? Albeit a rare one?

I'm not trying to put you off dude I'm trying to get to the facts. This drug goes into some detail about "reproductive changes".

That doesn't scare you?

That post is not about AA it's about castration.

Kevand

Established Member
Reaction score
So I've used it since wednesday Concentration 0,1 mg/ml with 2 ml per application for like 2-3 times day. The same time I started i ended topical spironolactone. With spironolactone I had reduced libido and thinned body hair.
First day of topical bicalutamied: Headache, reduced scalp itch, physical fatigue.
Since then (I've used it 6 days now) fatigue gone, no headache, reduce scalp itch better than 1 % spironolactone. Maybe I should have waited for spironolactone to dissappear from my system. But my libido is full back while on bicalutamide, still my body hair thin. So maybe I should quit all these for a couple of weeks and then try topical bicalutamide to see how it affects my body hair.

Spironolactone at 0,15mg/ml-10mg/ml gives me reduced libido and bodyhair and other things. For a guy that seems to be fairly sensitive topical bicalutamide with a dosage 0,5-0,7 mg per day has not affected my libido. Still only week use and this things reach steady-state after several weeks. I have doubled the concentration for this week but maybe I will pause treatment.

Kevand

Established Member
Reaction score
Upped the concentration to 0,5mg/ml 2ml 2x day. That means 2 mg per day since two days ago. No libido issues. It feels like a I got stronger libido then baseline since quitting spironolactone and beginning bicalutamide. This things strongly reduce scalp itch but also goes systemic. Somehow, it doesnt seem to effect libido, which although seems in line with the litterature. Still this thing take time to build up so we will see.

Ideally this should be used in a concentration of 1mg-10mg/ml but I won't go higher without AI. I think it won't affect libido at higher doses but chances for gyno is high. I only use 0,5mg/ml to see the regrowth potential of becalutamide, eventually I think this dose is also to high without small doses of AI. So if this works I will try to maintain long-term with 0,1mg-0,2mg/ml or 1mg-10mg/ml with low dose AI.

Kevand

Established Member
Reaction score
This things builds up systemic. I believe a dose of 0,1-0,5 mg is the sweet spot for every day use. I've been applying rigorously sveral times a day in order to push regrowth, about 2-3mg per day. Hair seems def worse worse recently coupled with oily skin with acne at some spots (never had this before) at application site which gives me warning signal, but itchiness is effectively reduced on this and gives me numbing feeling like its somehow working,
Maybe I should get a better vechile or increase or decrease the dosage. My plan is to get ppg/ethanol/water vechile with 0,3 mg applied once a day or drop it in minoxidil. I dont want minoxidil to mask the results tho.

FCKW36

Experienced Member
Reaction score
0,5mg to 2mg/day is not enough and won't do anything in my opinion. It's exactly the same like taking 0,5mg of minoxidil instead of 50mg. The oral dose is like 150mg a day. What do you expect from taking 0,5mg-2mg of topical Bicalutamide where maybe only 10% will be absorbed?

Kevand

Established Member
Reaction score
0,5mg to 2mg/day is not enough and won't do anything in my opinion. It's exactly the same like taking 0,5mg of minoxidil instead of 50mg. The oral dose is like 150mg a day. What do you expect from taking 0,5mg-2mg of topical Bicalutamide where maybe only 10% will be absorbed?

If it works by local means then in theory it should be enough. Also i am sensitive to AA, I've got great regrowth with 1mg/ml spironolactone and then quit my hair got way worse one year after and it doesnt seem to work for regrowth anymore. And bicalutamide is supposed to be way stronger.

Kevand

Established Member
Reaction score
I would guess a concentration of over 2 % is not a option for the majority as this things build up in the system. I think you can use high dose if u rotate one week on and off.
My approach is to find the lowest side effect treatment that can maintain hair and build from there.

FCKW36

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I would guess a concentration of over 2 % is not a option for the majority as this things build up in the system. I think you can use high dose if u rotate one week on and off.
My approach is to find the lowest side effect treatment that can maintain hair and build from there.

2%? If you use your 1mg/ml it's 0.1%. I think it's not enough. My opinion.

Kevand

Established Member
Reaction score
Okey so been using a little too much for me 2-3 mg per day for the last days. My beard got thinner also experiencing some thickening and some new thick hairs popping hair and there. No libido issues.
I wonder how long bic is stable in vodka solution. As long as I see improvement and notice sides I know it stable in vodka, its been almost 3 weeks so it should last three weeks at least.

Kevand

Established Member
Reaction score
So I will do an experiment to see if maybe bic slowly degrades in a hydroalcoholic solution by hydrolysis or by any other mean. Firstly I will see how long this solution batch can maintain or improve my current state of hair. Second I will try a freshly new batch compared to 1-3 motnhs old batch and compare the effect mainly the itch-reducing effect.
Also I speculate that bic is more stable in solution than the others NSAA indicated by it's long half-life. But maybe that is a wrong correlation hypothesis.

Last edited:

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
So I will do an experiment to see if maybe bic slowly degrades in a hydroalcoholic solution by hydrolysis or by any other mean. Firstly I will see how long this solution batch can maintain or improve my current state of hair. Second I will try a freshly new batch compared to 1-3 motnhs old batch and compare the effect mainly the itch-reducing effect.
Also I speculate that bic is more stable in solution than the others NSAA indicated by it's long half-life. But maybe that is a wrong correlation hypothesis.

how is it going?