Top Of Scalp Thinning On Finasteride (pics)?

Jeju

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's still early days for you @bluecyclone 4 months is absolutely nothing. Your situation sounds normal to me, shedding at 4 months. Takes a long time to recover though.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Today diffusing scalp since starting Finasteride. Other from August. I don’t know what to do.

Still coverage but I’m shedding 300-500 a day more each shower and overall density is gone from baseline.

*I know there is decent coverage but the decline has been insane. Only 2 years since first shed.

Attachments

• 3BF3B8CF-B85C-485A-B8FC-263674D8BF1B.jpeg
    3BF3B8CF-B85C-485A-B8FC-263674D8BF1B.jpeg
    288.9 KB · Views: 213
  • 3A849558-2CFE-4C48-8EDF-93BA99DD4511.jpeg
    3A849558-2CFE-4C48-8EDF-93BA99DD4511.jpeg
    154.5 KB · Views: 204

MKP05

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you recommend me taking finasteride or not im 18 and i have aggressive diffuse thinning
Based on what I’ve read on this forum finasteride is usually effective at slowing hair loss and potentially growing some back. So far my experience has been terrible as my hair loss accelerated and became diffuse only after I started taking it. But I’m still committing myself to a full 12 months before I reavaluate. You also need to be wary of the other side effects. But I have not had any of those. Always consult with your dr before starting treatment. If you already have aggressive diffuse thinning them perhaps it’s you best bet at this time.

Saher Hassan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Based on what I’ve read on this forum finasteride is usually effective at slowing hair loss and potentially growing some back. So far my experience has been terrible as my hair loss accelerated and became diffuse only after I started taking it. But I’m still committing myself to a full 12 months before I reavaluate. You also need to be wary of the other side effects. But I have not had any of those. Always consult with your dr before starting treatment. If you already have aggressive diffuse thinning them perhaps it’s you best bet at this time.
It's the worst thing that happened to me.... I went to doctors but they didn't helped me with anything only useless shampoo and vitamins... So if you were me would you take finasteride

MKP05

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Today diffusing scalp since starting Finasteride. Other from August. I don’t know what to do.

Still coverage but I’m shedding 300-500 a day more each shower and overall density is gone from baseline.

*I know there is decent coverage but the decline has been insane. Only 2 years since first shed.
I think my response to finasteride has been very similar to yours. When I started I was only worried about the temples and how fast they receded in 3 months. I was no worse than a NW2. Since starting in July I’ve quickly regressed to a NW3 diffuse. It’s demoralizing. From what I’ve read here though I think we’re too far along to stop now because then it could really go to sh*t and you always hear the guys who preach time and patience. Because you have great coverage I think that buys you more time, doesn’t it? And what choice is there? I mean have you heard many stories of guys who had an adverse reaction to finasteride stop after 6 months and have things go back to normal? Try to stick it out the full 12 months...you are just one month behind me. I’ll keep you posted if things start to turn around and vice verca. I know it’s hard to hear because I’m in the same boat but your hair is still pretty good. I’m shedding underneath all my long hair so I know what you are going through. But If you do stop (which I don’t advise) please let me know if that stops the progression.