Top Of Head Butchered From Surgery As Baby, Can't Keep Losing Hair

camelot1988

My Regimen
Reaction score
If I ever went completely bald I literally wouldn't leave the house because I had surgery on my head as a baby. Left my head super uneven with what actually feels like a mohawk except it's just bone, also a ton of craters, etc. Even when I had 0 hair loss and it was covered up at like 16 people used to make fun of me because I also have a huge forehead.

I just turned 19 and am at about a Norwood 2.5 and have been receding noticeably since 18. Anyways I would really prefer not to start Finasteride because I have this chronic illness and my immune system is kind of weak right now from another complication. Over the next year I don't care really what my hair looks like because I don't plan on going out a ton besides like once a day. I've saved up a lot of money that I'm willing to spend on a hair transplant when I'm about 20 and hopefully I'll be able to use finasteride by then.

In the mean time, what should I try? I guess Rogaine and supplements could probably help to keep the thickness maybe and stop some recession but I don't know. If anyone could help me or give any advice it would be so helpful.

Last edited:

crikey1980

Established Member
Reaction score
i hope things improve for you my friend,sounds like you've had it tough....cant really give any hair advice cos can't stop my own but take the big 3 and cross your fingers mate.

camelot1988

My Regimen
Reaction score
i hope things improve for you my friend,sounds like you've had it tough....cant really give any hair advice cos can't stop my own but take the big 3 and cross your fingers mate.

Thanks man can't do finasteride right now but I can do the other two and pray. Have you tried hair transplant or would it not even be worth if for you since nothing has worked to maintain hair.