Top 5 lies about Israel's assault on Gaza

Hammy070

Established Member
Reaction score
Good article, concise.

Barcafan, guarantee you AJ is more reliable than the top 10 media outlets in the USA. The article says Israels targetting of Gaza, a densely packed civilian area is a war crime. It says rockets fired from Gaza towards Israeli civilians is also a war crime. That sounds objective to me, as do their following points. I know American media right now do not even question Israels killing of 100 children in a single day during this conflict, let alone criticize, now that kind of objectivity is sh*t that should be viewed as comedy, at best.

barcafan

Reaction score
Hammy070 said:
Good article, concise.

Barcafan, guarantee you AJ is more reliable than the top 10 media outlets in the USA. The article says Israels targetting of Gaza, a densely packed civilian area is a war crime. It says rockets fired from Gaza towards Israeli civilians is also a war crime. That sounds objective to me, as do their following points. I know American media right now do not even question Israels killing of 100 children in a single day during this conflict, let alone criticize, now that kind of objectivity is sh*t that should be viewed as comedy, at best.

Dude you're like the forums worst troll, who's going to listen to you? Only people with the same mindset. Troll.

blueshard

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for posting Barca FC.... this helps to clear some stuff up (if indeed it is accurate)

CCS

Reaction score
barca FC said:
http://aljazeera.com/news/articles/39/Top_5_lies_about_Israel_s_assault_on_Gaza.html

I'm really getting upset at Israel. We need to go cut it in half and give the southern half to the palistinians. I can't believe I hear so much about the inhumane conditions in Gaza, yet no one is crying out against Israel.

lane005

Reaction score
I thought I'd chime in with my 2 cents, as my partner of 3 years is of Palestinian decent.

Typically I had no clue about the situation prior to meeting my partner, but her stories got me wanting to do some research and so I have found:

1. Hamas is an elected government, and even though US calls it a terrorist organisation (which they call every other organisation that doesn't bow down to them) the United Nations refuse to do, and recognise Hamas as a democratically elected and geniune government.

2. Hamas' rocket fire is not an intiation of trouble as Israel would have you beleive through their privately owned media (Fox, CNN, BBC News, Sky News etc), but rather retaliation for the years of blockades and settlements.

3. Israels current attacks were planned months in advance, and they broke the truce 6 months ago (this is confirmed by CNN on youtube).

Man it doesn't need a rocket science to see whos in the wrong here.

1. Israel refuses to go back to it's pre-1967 designated borders by the U.N

2. Ontop of this, it has SETTLEMENTS in Palestinian territory (West Bank) and only recently removed its settlements from Gaza

3. Israel controls the electricity flow, water flow and telephone into Palestinian territory. It only gives them 4 hours of water a day, 6 hours of electricity and intermittent telephone connection.

4. Since 1967, Israel has killed:
- 57,837 children under the age of 5
- 94,242 children between the age of 5 and 15
- 103,297 women
- 877,239 men
- 1,021 confirmed terrorists

5. Israel controls media in Palestinian land and bans journalists during conflict such as recent.

The list goes ON and ON and ON and ON..

All this.. supposedly because Hamas fires shonky rockets!

Seriously.. no seriously.. thats enough to turn 1.5 million Monks into terrorists let alone pissed off Arabs.

kadosh

Established Member
Reaction score
wow .two newbies and your first posts is about Gaza . Admins ?

I cant comment about everything that was written here right now but i'll say this :
non of you have the right to judge or lecture israel . if civilians homes from a part of your country were bombed by rockets by an organization that demands independnce your goverment would have WIPED OUT the area they were firing from no matter how many women or children would die in the process .
we put up with this for 8 years .
lane005 said:
4. Since 1967, Israel has killed:
- 57,837 children under the age of 5
- 94,242 children between the age of 5 and 15
- 103,297 women
- 877,239 men
- 1,021 confirmed terrorists

that is a lie .these numbers are simply lies .

if anyone wants to read how it looks from our point of view :
http://docs.google.com/View?docid=dgpc4hc9_99qwsq9csd

kadosh

Established Member
Reaction score
lane005 said:
1. Hamas is an elected government, and even though US calls it a terrorist organisation (which they call every other organisation that doesn't bow down to them) the United Nations refuse to do, and recognise Hamas as a democratically elected and geniune government.

yeah . some government . this is what Dr. Yunis Al Astal, a member of the Palestinian parliament, one of the senior Hamas officials, who served as dean of the faculty of Shariyah and chairman of the Islamic Law Department at Islamic University said .

[youtube:gkspkkct]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mwr5Ms36ZIo[/youtube:gkspkkct]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mwr5Ms36ZIo

HughJass

Reaction score
kadosh said:
non of you have the right to judge or lecture israel

Why should Israel be beyond criticism? or be above the standards you demand of the Palestinians for that matter?

if civilians homes from a part of your country were bombed by rockets by an organization that demands independnce your goverment would have WIPED OUT the area they were firing from

But most people here don't live in countries that have illegal colonies on other people's land. You can't compare Israel to every other nation. Your country is not in a war defending western values or fighting global terrorists, it's engaged in a war for land in the middle east.

kadosh

Established Member
Reaction score
aussieavodart said:
kadosh said:
non of you have the right to judge or lecture israel

Why should Israel be beyond criticism? or be above the standards you demand of the Palestinians for that matter?

I didnt mean were beyond criticism i meant we are over criticised .
if you compare our conflict to other conflicts in the world you will see that there is no proportion between the amount of coverage that this conflict recieve compared to the others even though the other conflicts aspects like the number of people involved ,the size of the territories involved etc are much more substantial than this conflict .

no country in europe have colonies in afghanistan . but their armies are there fighting the Taliban and this is a just fight i know but the Taliban never fired rockets at cities in europe or declared he wants to extrminate all europians . Hamas do . while europe fights thousands of miles from their land we fight a couple of miles from our major cities . thousands of afghans citizens are killed in this war but europe citizens have zero casualties while here people are being killed by rockets and suicide bombers.

britain used to colonized the majority of the globe . in the Falklands war the sent their entire navy half way across the world there and the killed every single one of them . and for what ? were the citizens of britain in a life threatening situation ?

and were suppose to listen to their criticism ? take their advice about morality and human rights ? give me a break .

optimus prime

Experienced Member
Reaction score
aussieavodart said:
But most people here don't live in countries that have illegal colonies on other people's land. You can't compare Israel to every other nation. Your country is not in a war defending western values or fighting global terrorists, it's engaged in a war for land in the middle east.

Yes but most here live in countries that force Jewish people out of their country. 'Western Values', it was the western nations who granted them their borders. It was the western countries who happily collected up their Jews and shipped them there.

If they changed the borders, what do they hope to achieve? Where would the Jewish go? Hamas intends to destroy Israel of the face of the earth and they would if it had the chance.

Israel and Hamas are as bad as each other. The real people to blame are the countries that forced the Jewish people out of their land, including the UK and most of Europe, and then placed them in Israel.

Mind you, If I was Israel don't know how much I would put up with if my innocent civilians were being cowardly rocketed.

HughJass

Reaction score
kadosh said:
I didnt mean were beyond criticism i meant we are over criticised .

Not so. Israel gets a free run in the US and Australian press, perhaps not as much in the European and British press.

Israel have nothing expected of them when it comes time for peace negotiations.

if you compare our conflict to other conflicts in the world you will see that there is no proportion between the amount of coverage that this conflict recieve compared to the others even though the other conflicts aspects like the number of people involved ,the size of the territories involved etc are much more substantial than this conflict .

The Arab-Israeli conflict has the potential to ignite world war 3. It's only natural and it's going to be under scrutiny.

no country in europe have colonies in afghanistan . but their armies are there fighting the Taliban and this is a just fight i know but the Taliban never fired rockets at cities in europe or declared he wants to extrminate all europians . Hamas do .

Hamas have already said that they accept the '67 boundries. It is Islamic Jihad who have the goal of destroying the Israeli state. It's been Al-Aqsa and Islamic Jihad firing most of the missiles into Israel from Gaza prior to the start of this conflict and, as Fatah linked groups, are being indirectly funded, supported and armed by the Bush administration who as it turns out have been attempting to ferment a civil war between Palestinians. My guess is that those rockets being fired into Israel were an attempt to provoke a war which would be mutually benefitial to Fatah, Bush and Israel.

while europe fights thousands of miles from their land we fight a couple of miles from our major cities .

Apple and oranges. Israel is not involved in a fight against international terrorists.

thousands of afghans citizens are killed in this war

Equally as outrageous.

but europe citizens have zero casualties while here people are being killed by rockets and suicide bombers.

Israel's actions have not been the simple self defence your making them out to be. 12 dead Israelis vs 800 Palestinians is collective punishment.
britain used to colonized the majority of the globe . in the Falklands war the sent their entire navy half way across the world there and the killed every single one of them . and for what ? were the citizens of britain in a life threatening situation ?
Killed every single one of who?

When the British responded to take the Falklands back they didn't carpet bomb the suburbs around Buenos Aires, stop medical aid from getting through, or decide to annex more South American islands while they were at it.

ali777

Reaction score
optimus prime said:
aussieavodart said:

Yes but most here live in countries that force Jewish people out of their country. 'Western Values', it was the western nations who granted them their borders. It was the western countries who happily collected up their Jews and shipped them there.

If they changed the borders, what do they hope to achieve? Where would the Jewish go? Hamas intends to destroy Israel of the face of the earth and they would if it had the chance.

Israel and Hamas are as bad as each other. The real people to blame are the countries that forced the Jewish people out of their land, including the UK and most of Europe, and then placed them in Israel.

Mind you, If I was Israel don't know how much I would put up with if my innocent civilians were being cowardly rocketed.

Basically, what you are saying is that the Westerners are the real culprit? The West is trying to wash their hands off the Jews and make them someone else's problem?

That doesn't sound very nice.

If you believe what you are saying, then you would also agree that the likes of Hamas have the right to defend their land?

HughJass

Reaction score
optimus prime said:
Yes but most here live in countries that force Jewish people out of their country.

Which present day countries deport Jews?

If they changed the borders, what do they hope to achieve?

Firstly, respect from the international community for complying with a partition plan they have never complied with. Secondly, peace with the Palestinians, a majority of whom accept an Israel at the '67 lines per resolution 242.

Where would the Jewish go?

They can try living in the areas they were allocated with for a start instead of occupying the land they stole. If that's not enough real estate for them then I'm sure they won't have trouble living anywhere else in the world seeing many of them hold dual citizenship.

Should the world appease Israel's annexation of Palestinian lands all because the those who never had any legal right to set up camp on land they stole have no where else to go? Perhaps they could try living in refugee camps for 40+ years like the Palestinians have had since they were forced out of their homes by Jews.

Hamas intends to destroy Israel of the face of the earth and they would if it had the chance.

Nope.
The real people to blame are the countries that forced the Jewish people out of their land, including the UK and most of Europe, and then placed them in Israel.

Responsibility for the Jewish refugee crisis lays fairly and squarly at the feet of Russia and Germany. It's Germany that should have ceded a fair chunk of it's land for a Jewish state IMO.

optimus prime

Experienced Member
Reaction score
ali777 said:
Basically, what you are saying is that the Westerners are the real culprit? The West is trying to wash their hands off the Jews and make them someone else's problem?

If you believe what you are saying, then you would also agree that the likes of Hamas have the right to defend their land?

ummm...hello? Nice? Are you serious?

During World War I, the British sought Jewish support in the fight against Germany. This and support for Zionism from Prime-Minister Lloyd-George[10] led to foreign minister, Lord Balfour making the Balfour Declaration of 1917, stating that the British Government "view[ed] with favour the establishment in Palestine of a national home for the Jewish people"...

After the end of World War II, The British Labour Party won the elections in Britain. Labour party conferences had for years called for the creation of a Jewish state in Palestine.

The Jews would not have been able to do this alone. Russia was pro Israel. So was the UK. You think the Jews wanted to stay in Europe after what happened to them? You think that was nice?

I am neither a Jew or Arab, however, I think they have both been screwed Yes Hamas has the right to defend their land, but firing rockets into civilian territory is not the answer.

ali777 said:
It's Germany that should have ceded a fair chunk of it's land for a Jewish state IMO.

I agree. I think they should have also. I think it is highly unfair the Palestinians lost their land.

ali777

Reaction score
optimus prime said:
ali777 said:
It's Germany that should have ceded a fair chunk of it's land for a Jewish state IMO.

I agree. I think they should have also. I think it is highly unfair the Palestinians lost their land.

Oi, I never said that :nono: .... You must have misquoted me :whistle:

ali777

Reaction score
optimus prime said:
ali777 said:

ummm...hello? Nice? Are you serious?

Read again what you've written :innocent:

You either didn't express yourself in the way you wanted to or you are changing your mind...