Tooyoung's Story [21]- finasteride SIDES after 1.5 years

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Re: Tooyoungforthiscrap's Story- update pg8

Your temples really don't look bad at all mate. In fact, before I started losing hair I would see guys with hairlines like yours (and mine) and never thought it was from balding...I just thought it was a normal 20-something hairline.

I guarantee you no one at school or your workplace even know it's temple recession unless they have it too. My hairline is almost exactly the same and people say they don't think it is receding....and more importantly girls don't notice!

rambut

Reaction score

well..
i am new here..
will more read all here.. so fantastic information... :)

tooyoungforthiscrap

Established Member
Reaction score

Thanks for all the comments guys. I've been drawn back here looking for support for newly discovered finasteride side effects...

Since starting finasteride I've noticed the occasional watery semen, but that was all. Recently however, I've noticed a dramatic drop in libido and erection hardness. I can still reach an orgasm, but often during sex I'll just get turned off and go limp after foreplay.

It's only recently become apparent to me that I've got sexual related problems, and I'm really starting to get scared. I've set an appointment with my doctor to discuss this with him and I'll be getting some blood work done to check out my hormones.

The looming idea of being both going bald and having permanent finasteride sides is really doing a number on me. I'd rather have a hard dick than a full head of hair, but after a year and a half on 1.25mg finasteride a day I'm just kind of terrified of never being able to recover.

I don't want to quit cold turkey, going to try to ween myself off finasteride gradually to try to avoid shocking my system... I honestly don't know what I'm going to do now, as my temples have definitely receded into a defined NW2 shape but the rest of my hair has thickened/ kept up, I may consider trying RU after I come off of finasteride.
:sobbing:

BornIn89

Established Member
Reaction score
Damn... That's unfortunate. Please keep us updated with what treatments you move onto in future, your hair loss is similar to mine.

Wuffer

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Before quitting, keep in mind that many different things can play a role in your sexual function; stress and anxiety are two common ones. I know i've went through phases before starting on finasteride where I lost libido and had a hard time getting it up due to stress.. and even performance anxiety. Just try keep this in mind as a possible culprit before attributing it to finasteride.

However, it's great that you are talking to your doctor. If you strongly believe finasteride is causing the problems, then it's really best to quit and find seek other treatments. finfighters sig is your one-stop-shop for those!

Good luck!

sandyc

Established Member
Reaction score
Not drinking enough water seems to effect my erections and I don't even take finasteride yet.

People suffer from ED from all sorts of things.