Took .25 mg of propecia today!!

Jm0311

Reaction score
hah....finally i have done it.
came to the realization that i probably WILL NOT get sides. and also my hair is going down the drain. With my hair pulled back i think i am a very near to Norwood 2.

my spironolactone cream will be coming in the mail very soon so my regime is now final

Propecia .25 EOD
spironolactone Cream
Tricomin
Revita/Jasons Thin to Thick

without this forum i would be using my Nioxin still :shock: :shock:

JohnnySeville

Established Member
Reaction score
Its about time you made a move. In a few days you can start all over again posting in another section "Dealing with Side Effects"! :lol:

Jm0311

Reaction score
Cassin said:
The odds are extremely on your side you will have absolutely no problems.

Your more than likely to have issues with aspirin than finasteride.

haha. thats a response that i wanna hear from a reliable source too. :lol:

Jm0311

Reaction score
johnnyseville said:
Its about time you made a move. In a few days you can start all over again posting in another section "Dealing with Side Effects"! :lol:

:shock: hope not

Cassin

Reaction score
Jm0311 said:
johnnyseville said:

:shock: hope not

I think he was trying to say you took so long that you will freak yourself out and not really have sides but will have convinced yourself you will.

Jm0311

Reaction score
ah....well im trying not to think it about it as much anymore...most likely i wont have sides. because im being realistic now and it took me a long time to finally realize that my hair was going south. not much receding but i see ALOT of Miniaturization where the hair wants to curl to the side ya know. along the temples.....anyway..ill stick to .25 eod for awhile then bump to .25 every day and so on

Jojje

Experienced Member
Reaction score
welcome to the dark side.

You take the minoxin you wake up without youre hair

You take the finasteride and get to continue down the rabit hole... where all new mysteries lie :lol: :lol: :lol:

Muhahaha

And you keep youre hair woho!!

Nathaniel

Experienced Member
Reaction score
My ball ached the first two weeks then it stopped.

Ow oh sorry Jm03, hope I didn't scare you.

G

Jm,

If you continue to take 0.25mg EOD how long of a supply do you have? I've been on 0.25mg EOD myself since the 1st of Feb. and no sides (knock on wood). No shedding either which I think is a farse when it comes to finasteride anyways (knock on wood again).

When my Finax runs out I might go with generic U.S. prescription proscar and cut it into 1/8ths (0.625mg) and take that EOD. It's not THAT much and then I would have no question about the legitimacy and the legality issues. Cassin pretty much convinced me to lean towards that route. Though I still might go with fincar or finast and cut it into 8ths. Will see what my doctor says about prescribing me the proscar. If I was a doctor I'd be worried my patient would try to get it on insurance and I'd be liable for insurance fraud.

Axl15

Reaction score
We had a deal . . if you took im gonna take it . . time to talk to my mate :S (pharmisit) and get some propecia and cut into 1/4 is eod have any benifit?

Jm0311

Reaction score
thanks

i have a 15 day supply for now. im just gonna keep doing the .25 EOD because i heard that was ALMOST as effective without the sides......why doesnt more people do this? I did have some ball ache too yesterday. my some nipple tenderness too. but im really trying not to think about that too much. I think most sides on here are blown out of proportion

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
:lol:
you are funny

G

Jm0311 said:
thanks

i have a 15 day supply for now.

What I meant was, at YOUR current dosage, how much do you have?

If you have 15 days worth does this a 120-day supply (15 pills * 4 pieces * 2 days) worth??

Remember, and I probably shouldn't be saying this, but it's not entirely insane for you to get sides from this. Less than a 3% chance and probably lower than this on the lower EOD dosage. Though it's not entirely impossible. The sides should pass if you stay on it but if it's blatantly obvious that you're having side effects than you should probably take notice of them.

I thought the first week I was having headaches after taking them but I was still a bit apprehensive about taking them. After about the 2nd week I started to look FORWARD to poppin these hair pills!! :D

Jm0311

Reaction score
OK SO......I didnt think about my propecia at all today. I got home from work i was about to "spank it" haha. and well it took like 5 Minutes for me to get it up. I mean it was feeling like it was trying to, just very soft for awhile then it was working fine...I guess my body is shocked or something and getting used to it. Im definetely not just saying this or blowing it out of proportion. Hopefully this goes away after a week. If not, im out.