Too much shampoo not good?

suicidedude

Established Member
Reaction score
Will using shampoo too much hurt or kill the follicles? I ask because I normally shampoo twice a day, once in the morning and once at night. I shampoo in the morning to get an extra lift because my hair is very fine and limp.

So, is it fine?

Trebor

Reaction score
I am not sure why anyone would need to shower twice a day. And while I do not believe showering would hurt follicles, I assume that while you are washing you may be pulling hair out giving the appearance of thinning.

However this is just my guess and assumption. I have nothing to back it up, but after reading enough, the common consensus is that if it is in your genes to loose your hair then you are going to loose it regardless unless you take medication that stops hair loss.

s.a.f

Reaction score
To much washing and shampooing can strip the hair of its natural oils. This may affect the condition of the hair itself but won't harm the follicles or contribute to your hairloss. Everything that causes baldness goes on in the hair follicle (underneath the skin).

JayB

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i find that if i want to do my hair in any way for the day, that i have to wash it twice. Once in the morning because i could never just dunk my head in water and expect it to have any sort of style. i always have to shampoo it so that its easy to work with. THen after the day and night, i obviously dont want to sleep with nasty paste in my hair so i have to wash it again.

on average ill wash it two times a day but then ill take a week off and just wash it once, going to class without any product in my hair for that week.