too much hair falling out!!

kate

Reaction score
It's been five months since i had my baby. Just recently i noticed alot of hair was falling out much more than usual. It's getting to the point now where i'm becoming very concerned as my hair is considerably thinning and has less density than before. Is this because of hormones changing after pregnancy? Should i be taking some kind of vitamins?? If anyone can help out and throw some light on this matter i'd greatly appreciate it.

kate

Reaction score
hair loss

Thanks for the information Vanessa. The website was helpful.

Maxine

Reaction score
Hang in there, Kate! Lots of women shed hair after having a baby. Most women grow it back but some don't. It can also be an expression of latent andgrogenic alopecia. If your hair loss doesn't start reversing in 3 months, check with your doctor and have some tests run...especially iron, thyroid and hormone levels. If you do have Androgenetic Alopecia, now's the time to start treating it with medically-approved therapies such as Rogaine (provided you are not breast feeding.) There is hope no matter what. Congratulations on your new baby and I wish you all the best.
Maxine

G

Hi Kate!

Both what Vanessa and Maxine said were true. Have you seen a doctor about your hair loss?

As for the website, please check it out! And post through there, we have the same forum :)

http://www.heralopecia.com/forum

Laura