To those who are curious about Dermmatch with buzzed heads

G

hey guys, i saw a bunch of old posts about people wondering about how well some concealers work with buzzed heads. well i had a wedding to go to today and i was going to see some people i hadn't seen in a long time. I didnt want them to know how bad my hairloss has progressed, so i bought some dermmatch to see what it could do. i was pretty hesitant because some people say concealers suck for people with short hair or buzzed heads. well i tried it anyway and iwas AMAZED at how well it worked.

if you wondering how long my hair is exactly, i shaved with with a zero blade exactly 7 days ago. so not long at all.

PS: i am not going to keep using it on a day to day basis as it will hinder my ability to see results from my regimen. pictures below.

Attachments

• afterdermmatch.jpg
    afterdermmatch.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 1,634
  • beforedermmatch.jpg
    beforedermmatch.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 3,146

Esprit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
How are you finding finasteride with minoxidil?
My doctor said I should try finasteride as she has a patient on it who has good results but don't bother with the minoxidil?
Any clues as to whether she's talking rubbish?

G

Esprit said:
How are you finding finasteride with minoxidil?
My doctor said I should try finasteride as she has a patient on it who has good results but don't bother with the minoxidil?
Any clues as to whether she's talking rubbish?

well i am only a little over a month into my regimen so i havent had any results yet except for some small hairs starting to come into my hairline. but i feel minoxidil is important to any regimen

G

Esprit said:
and no sides with finasteride, also a month in?

well i have only been on finasteride about two weeks... here is where i am at so far

minoxidil- 1 month
nizoral- 3 weeks
finasteride- 2 weeks

but to answer your question, no i have not had any sides.

Boondock

Reaction score
Amazing. Looks really good.

I know a girl who had alopecia areata, and is pretty much bald on top except for perhaps 5% density all over. She uses concealers on the whole lot, and gets away with it. Even some of my more observant friends had no idea ("she goes to the shower several times a day - weird", is all they'd comment on).

G

appreciate the comment.

this was my second time applying it. i did a trial run the night before. Found out that less is definitely more when it comes to dermmatch. You also have to wait for it to completely dry before you make any opinions on how it looks. my main reason for posting though, was to show those that say "concealers dont work with buzzed heads" that it actually can work. the only comments i got the entire wedding were how people liked my haircut. (most of my family knew my with longer hair)

Boondock

Reaction score
Another suggestion if I was in your situation:

1. Get a few thousand FUE grafts to bring the hairline forward

2. Concealers

3. Decent buzzed-look, despite thin overall coverage

G

im too young and waaayyy to broke to go hair transplant route, or i definitely would. In the future perhaps. I have faith in my regimen right now though to get some decent results.

i was possibly thinking about going head tattoo route, but UCM respectfully changed my mind.

KeepTheHair

Established Member
Reaction score
What color dermmatch are you using?

How do you choose?

G

KeepTheHair said:
What color dermmatch are you using?

How do you choose?

That was medium brown in the pictures. When i first put it on i thought it was waaayyy too dark. But after it dried, it blended in really nicely with my natural hair color.

I just guessed as to what color to use.

kopmjj

Reaction score
hey i just opened a similar topic and didnt see this but wow thats awesome man i have a few questions though....

by the way your hair grows really fast mine takes at least 2 weeks to get the same amount lol, anyways back to the questions...

i cant see clearly on the pic but do you have completly bald patches in certain areas?

if so when you applied dermmatch does it look odd under sunlight?

i mean does it look like its painted? also with the buzzed cut if you sweat does it drip ? have you experianced any like that please let me know thanks.

p.s my hair is milar to yours but have a big bald patch in the crown area which im hoping dermmatch will help and not look like paint under close inspection.