To The Young Guys And The Hopelessly Unresponsive

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
As we all know hairloss at any age is devastating, its part of our identity and part of our confidence. As males we rely on our hair to make us look good and presentable, and most importantly to make ourselves feel good. For me and likely every single one of us on this forum hairloss has had a deep impact on us. I started losing my hair at 14 and felt like ( and still do ) my world came crashing down on me, hairloss in my family doesnt happen this young, but it happened to me. For a while it was a glimmer of hope to know that in the 21st century we do have effective treatments to slow, stop and hopefully reverse the damage. For some that safety net just doesn't seem to hold and falls short of our hopes and expectations. I wont go into that as most here probably know my story so far. Im not keen on acceptance of my hairloss and i dont think i ever will accept it but that isn't what this thread is about. This thread is about ( as controversial as it may seem ) getting your life back as soon as possible. I appreciate im probably one of few who will stray from the realms of conventional treatment and really try some of the crazier things when traditional medicines just dont work. This is for those souls. male pattern baldness can be stopped and reversed but for some, with what is tried and tested just doesn't work. I am not advocating use of hardcore AA's or other experimental chemicals but when you're put in the position of going bald or trying absolutely anything you can do to stop or reverse your hairloss ( i have to continue this in a reply )

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
That backs you into a corner. Im 20 years old and worse off than my dad. That is completely unacceptable and i wont accept it. What im trying to put across is definitely not for everyone, or even some. What im trying to say is that male pattern baldness CAN be stopped even when conventional treatments fail, you just have to experiment and see what works and what doesn't.. frequently enough we see multiple treatments are required to achieve this. The question left is how far are you willing to go to see you succeed in the end?
Im going to go all the way,and if nothing works then at least i have that peace of mind to say " you know, i tried absolutely everything i could and still lost my hair, but at least i really did try."
I hope it never comes to that, but until better treatments come out i will keep on fighting. Nobody deserves to go bald. Thanks for reading guys and i wish you all the best in our fight.

Comb_over

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I know how you feel man. So sad.

Do you think it's worth try finasteride due the potential permanent side effects?

Norwoodcemetary

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Keep fighting..im willing to give up if finas dnt wrk but only bcuz im 33 and have gf n kid..dont give up when theres a will theres a way..

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
The cost for any GOOD new treatment will be very high. That is an unfortunate reality.

Already Histogen is spending lots of money researching, and have not made PROFITS from their product.

I am certain Replicel, which is very promising and Japan is doing a lot of good work one, will BE VERY EXPENSIVE.

Hair transplants in the U.S. can cost in the 10,000 range.

Raphael13

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am ugly with hair. But at least with hair and a beard I can pull of a decent looks. If I would be bald or thin really bad I would without a doubt be a 2 of 10, and this is not be having low confidence, it's simply the truth.

RobertDi

My Regimen
Reaction score
Man, i'm also 20 years old and you can really start seeing through my hair if you focus on it.

My last 'treatment' (after tried minoxidil and nizoral) will be scalp micropigmentation.
It do look pretty good on really anyone, looks way younger and better than plain baldness.

The best to you all though!

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
@RobertDi have you considered oral minoxidil? If its diffuse thinning you got then it could help alot. Im on it a little over 2 weeks and im shedding quite a bit, but thats to be expected at this point of treatment. No side effects, if im being honest at 5 - 10mg side effects are pretty rare. Loniten gets a bad rep because its a BP drug.

The Baldy Man

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I know the feel.... Ugly, unresponsive to treatments and balding young... in these cases, acceptance is the only healthy way to cope.

How does acceptance help one to cope? Even if I accept the fact that I am balding badly and ugly, I am still going to be depressed as f***, because it is depressing as f*** to be bald and ugly. I will always be upset by my baldness. I just simply CANNOT blue-pill myself into liking it or even being OK with it. I am still at the stage where I can't fully believe that this balding person with my face that I see in the mirror now is the new me. My goal is just to eventually get to the point where I can ignore it and it is not on my mind 24/7.

RobertDi

My Regimen
Reaction score
@RobertDi have you considered oral minoxidil? If its diffuse thinning you got then it could help alot. Im on it a little over 2 weeks and im shedding quite a bit, but thats to be expected at this point of treatment. No side effects, if im being honest at 5 - 10mg side effects are pretty rare. Loniten gets a bad rep because its a BP drug.

I have not been starting any treatment, but i really have to start this year; And ye i have diffuse thinning, but i really want to try topical solutions first, as it has less side effects. I just hope that it keeps working till something new comes out.

Once i start treating my hair loss, i will be going for a buzz cut, so when eventually if it stops working, the difference isn't that big, and also i can find a new clothing style that fits with a buzz cut (and possible bald head with pigmentation).

Dante92

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
How does acceptance help one to cope? Even if I accept the fact that I am balding badly and ugly, I am still going to be depressed as f***, because it is depressing as f*** to be bald and ugly. I will always be upset by my baldness. I just simply CANNOT blue-pill myself into liking it or even being OK with it. I am still at the stage where I can't fully believe that this balding person with my face that I see in the mirror now is the new me. My goal is just to eventually get to the point where I can ignore it and it is not on my mind 24/7.

It's not about bluepilling yourself, it's about redpilling yourself and giving up on many things of life, because it's what it'll happen anyway.