To the guys who've conquered male pattern baldness!

resu

Reaction score
Can we put women into the mix as well? That way they'll know what it feels like to be singled out and rejected over the lack of hair... and then we can **** on them by calling them VAIN when they try to fix the 'problem' ???

You already have that power to some extent, women over 26 usually start to age fast, just make snarky comments about their wrinkles or how they're getting a bit chubby, that will really mess them up. Some women my age are already done for, specially the smokers they really look rough.

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
Nobody conquers male pattern baldness. male pattern baldness destroys everything in its' path.

Mehrdad

Reaction score
Can we put women into the mix as well? That way they'll know what it feels like to be singled out and rejected over the lack of hair... and then we can **** on them by calling them VAIN when they try to fix the 'problem' ???

It won't go that far! call them "fat". that'd do the trick...

I don't think that's good advice. minoxidil is great for regrowth, yes the carrier irritates the skin but it's a 1 step backwards 2 steps forward kind of situation.

Actually, Minoxidil do nothing about the real cause of male pattern baldness. It only promotes temporarily hair regrowth by altering the Hair Growth Cycle.

bibz

Established Member
Reaction score
For all guyz <= NW2, just get on finasteride and they're considered as cured, for all the rest we can say that you are pretty ****ed...

SayifDoit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I conquered baldness through force of will.
All I did was think really hard and yell for approximately 2 weeks.

Fred you thought about using the rest of your donor hairs and using SMP for your temples?

Hell you could just use your body hair and facial hair...

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
you cant get off the norwood scale lol unless you have alopecia universalis or whatever it is. nw1 is no hair loss whatsoever. There is nothing with more hair than nw1

just because someone hasn't tried something for themselves (anecdotal evidence lol) doesn't mean they cant tell you whether it works or not based on reasoning/evidence/studies etc

JZA70

Banned
Reaction score

JZA70

Banned
Reaction score
You guys and your "natural DHT blockers" crack me up.

JZA70

Banned
Reaction score
Reaction score
I said norwood 0 because I intend on getting off the norwood scale completely...Full regrowth. I'm not in denial.

We clearly have nothing to say to each other. You have ZERO experience actually REGROWING hair. You let it fall out and you went for a transplant. That isn't regrowth. So you can't say anything about my routine because you have never even tried regrowth.

I HAVE ALREADY GIVEN PROOF...you just didn't believe it, that is your denial not mine. My pics are up on the 'why we've all been failing at regrowth' thread, so don't say that my words mean nothing because firstly everything I say is true and secondly I have pics to back it up. However, your skepticism simply doesn't allow you to take what i say on board.

STOP talking about things you have no idea about...just stick to talking about hair transplants. Anyone who says dht blockers are useless clearly knows nothing about male pattern baldness.

I saw your other thread and it inspired me to add a part of your regime to my program. Im now using Palmetto. Its been 3 days now so Im hoping 6 months go by quick so I can see the results. Ive been using everything that I can for 2 years now, everything but the blockers. Thanks for that insight.

Mehrdad

Reaction score
You are right in the fact that minoxidil doesn't deal with DHT, the root cause of male pattern baldness. But you simply don't understand how minoxidil works. It dilates the blood vessels which increases blood circulation to the hair follicles which then increases the amount of nutrients the follicles receive, causing them to grow stronger. So your statement is both vague and untrue. you should do your research mate.

I use minoxidil in my routine...and there is nothing temporary about it!

Yes, Minoxidil is a Potassium Channel Opener, previously thought the cause of hair growth! and the reason that it was being tested for Blood Pressure treatment.
But the matter of hair growth is due to its direct properties on follicle which alters the Hair Growth Cycle, which recent researches found out.

And here's one of the researches:
It is believed that the length of the actively growing phase of the anagen hair cycle mainly contributes to hair length. Recent studies showed that maintenance of β-catenin activity in the dermal papilla cells (DPCs) enables hair follicles to keep actively growing. Topical minoxidil treatment promoteshair growth in men with androgenetic alopecia, suggesting that minoxidil may prolong the actively growing phase of the anagen hair cycle.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21524889 (Feb 2011)

I think you should do your research!

baldchewbacca

Reaction score
I had tremendous regrowth from minoxidil alone a few years ago. It doesn't last. And it won't last for you either if you don't take finasteride.

DHT blockers are not useless, they are just the medicine of the devil when it comes to hair loss.

Hey Fred,

Hows the scalp looking?

Hey man, Im on finasteride now. 1.25mg a day. im a NW2. But have a bit of thinning in the hairline. You can slightly see my scalp through my hair. Ive been on finasteride about 5 months.

Would you recommend starting minoxidil? You mentioned you saw great results but mentioned it wont last unless your on finasteride. Does that mean you took it but weren't on finasteride?

Im just trying to catch this sh*t early as its a heartbreaker for me. everytime i look in the mirror i see it. Would you recommend i get a fue along the hairline?

Thanks man and hope the transplant is going well and you're pleased with the results.

Also hope Belgium go good in the world cup!

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
You got regrowth with minoxidil? I thought you said it won't last unless you use finasteride....so why did you get that hair transplant again? Not a very complicated story and you already have holes in it.

BTW finasteride is a dht blocker. It helps stop the conversion of testosterone to DHT. So if you think dht blockers are the devils medicine (LOL that is such a stupid remark btw) then you also think finasteride is the devils medicine, so why did you bother with it?

Please do everyone a favor and get off this forum, you clearly have nothing to say about the subject!

p.s finasteride is not the only thing that blocks DHT, all the internal supplements I take are DHT blockers and they are an essential part of my routine. Most people only look up proven treatments, they never actually do any research!!!! I researched finasteride and found out how it worked, I then searched for any natural supplement or extract that did what finasteride did. There are loads out there. I HAVE OVER 10 INDIVIDUAL DHT BLOCKERS IN MY ROUTINE! Most guys just use finasteride or dutasteride. That is just poor research! A lot of guys on this forum seem very desperate to fight their hair loss, but they don't seem to actually put in the effort, they just want the cure to fall from the sky!

if natural sups do the same thing as finasteride does which you claim why not just take finasteride instead of a bunch of crap its so much easier to take a pill everyday. WTF is so special about natural treatments?