To the guys who've conquered male pattern baldness!

Helel

Established Member
Reaction score
I know that I shouldn't post here but all the people who have had success come here so it makes sense.

I have a question! So someone here has convinced me not to lose hope and get on Finasteride the moment I can afford to.

Anyways, here is my question. I have some hairline and temple recession. I'm a NW2.5. How much does Finasteride help with temple and hairline recession? This is my main problem area. Thanks!

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
It's hard to say how well you will do, but it's a given that if you don't give finasteride. a shot you will be doing nothing to help your hair line. All the best.

resu

Reaction score
With the treatments available today you can't think of conquering male pattern baldness without an hair transplant at some point specially at the hairline/temples.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Noone has ever conquered baldness. They just threw in the towel. No cure = no conquering.

Mehrdad

Reaction score
I know that I shouldn't post here but all the people who have had success come here so it makes sense.

I have a question! So someone here has convinced me not to lose hope and get on Finasteride the moment I can afford to.

Anyways, here is my question. I have some hairline and temple recession. I'm a NW2.5. How much does Finasteride help with temple and hairline recession? This is my main problem area. Thanks!

Finasteride would only slow the hair loss, as there are 3-kinds of 5a-reductase enzymes which convert Testosterone to DHT and Finasteride blocks 2-kinds of them.
You should/may use topical agents to block DHT or promote hair regrowth beside oral DHT inhibitors, Like Ketoconazole or Fluridil.

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
no to the two people above me. Finasteride at 2 year mark 48% see regrowth, 42%? Maintain there hair, and the rest lose their hair still but lose it slower. At the 5 year mark half the people are still above baseline hair counts. Statistics on success past five years are unknown as there have not been any studies lasting any longer than this. However many people have made threads complaining that they are beginning to lose their hair again after 8-12 years on the drug who initially had success. Even so, their are stronger things to fall back on at that point.

Finasteride works well and you CAN afford it you just need to do it this way

Buy generic proscar online and a pill cutter. This is 5mg of finasteride. The pill cutter will cut it into fourths (1.25mg) approximately the proper dose for male pattern baldness. You can get it from some online pharmacies without a prescription. This method is incredibly cheap, only 30 dollars a year or something rediculous.

JZA70

Banned
Reaction score
I'll never be the same person I was before June 12th 2009, the date my dermatologist told me I would be bald in a matter of years.

aeNYLMO_460sa_zps2d5638b3.gif

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
There will be no cure for baldness. Possibly better treatment(s). That's all gentlemen and have a nice day.

- - - Updated - - -

Happy Anniversary Fred!
This. Even if my FUE is successful, balding will always be there for me. I'll never be the same person I was before June 12th 2009, the date my dermatologist told me I would be bald in a matter of years.

I just realised it will be the 5th anniversary of that date in two days. I should celebrate.

Helel

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't mean to sound like a jerk here but if this is how you all feel, why even bother taking Finasteride in the first place? If it is almost pointless as most of you are making it out to be, why do you guys bother?

Reaction score
the guys who've conquered male pattern baldness are called "hair"

a bald scalp is like the Australian continent that awaits to be conquered by british guys (hair).

shinobi1001

Reaction score
I'm not sure about Finasteride. I'm still not convinced that it will do much other than slowly rid me of my libido. I seriously think the only 'cure' for male pattern baldness is within Hollywood's reach. Just look at Tom Cruise and George Clooney. How do they manage to keep such perfect hairlines in their 50s!? Hollywood is certainly supplying them with something that hasn't reached the general public yet.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
If your claims are true then I'm delighted for you. Most of us here (like yourself) have been around long enough to have seen or been seduced by shady, 'fly by night' characters soliciting or selling hair loss products and/or methods that have proved to be bogus or ineffective at best. I mean no disrespect, but I have a moral obligation and duty to protect not only my own future best interest first, but every hair loss sufferer's as well. If you are unable to understand how your sensational, repetitious claim of possessing the knowledge of a hair loss treatment that is 100% effective does not smack of nonsense then you've completely lost me and for that matter every "street smart" member of this forum. The hair loss journey is run amok with opportunistic predators who are covertly patrolling the bi-ways and expressways waiting to pounce on the countless bodies of desperation stuck in idle or broke down. If you truly "hold the key" to hair loss then I would not expect you to react defensively to healthy cynicism or suspicion either. Inarguably the two are perfectly justified. The days of naivety are over for us and if you still remain 100% confident about the effectiveness of your method and are genuinely interested in the plight of the bald person, then I would expect that you'll bring it to the attention of an internationally renowned news media vehicle. This recourse may help legitimize your method claims. It may not help change my mind. Good Luck.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Seriously?? if that were true, Bruce Willis, Jude Law, John Travolta and Nicolas Cage wouldn't be bald. don't be stupid!

I have conquered male pattern baldness! my pics on my thread are real, unlike most of you think. Over the next 2 months I'll be posting up pics every 2 weeks to show you that I can achieve fast regrowth. And I'm proving it in real time! (it's the 'why we've all been failing at regrowth' thread btw)

unfortunately there is no one time cure! but you can regrow your hair and maintain it as long as you stick to a regime that works! just because most of your hair loss regimes don't work does not make my statement untrue!

ALSO! to hellouser: If you believe that male pattern baldness cannot be conquered, what is your role on this forum? If I only knew what you know I would say the same thing. But I know better!I'M NOT SAYING THAT I'M BETTER THAN YOU. I was just lucky enough to have a laser hair clinic treatment that opened my eyes to the effectiveness of LLLT. And it's not just LLLT that I do differently to all of you. but I also DHT block differently to all of you. I don't take finasteride or dutasteride! Hellouser, stop being unproductive! I will only accept your statements if you actually try my current routine and still don't get results! You saying that my regime doesn't work has no merit whatsoever if you have never tried it! (just one of the dht blockers (resveramix) that I use is claimed to be 6 times more powerful than finasteride)

I've been battling male pattern baldness for 4 years! I've only been successful over the last year because my regime is now 100% effective.

There is nothing wrong with being bald! but if you are fighting male pattern baldness and losing, the extent of your help is limited to general advice on side effects of products you have used!

The best thing you can do is to remain neutral until i have without a doubt proved my statements true! (I have already proved this btw, it's just that it wasn't proven in real time on this forum and so allows for skepticism on the authenticity of my before/after pics)

best of luck to everyone. male pattern baldness can be conquered! you just have to know how!

I stopped reading at 'laser'

xRedStaRx

Established Member
Reaction score
no to the two people above me. Finasteride at 2 year mark 48% see regrowth, 42%? Maintain there hair, and the rest lose their hair still but lose it slower. At the 5 year mark half the people are still above baseline hair counts. Statistics on success past five years are unknown as there have not been any studies lasting any longer than this. However many people have made threads complaining that they are beginning to lose their hair again after 8-12 years on the drug who initially had success. Even so, their are stronger things to fall back on at that point.

Finasteride works well and you CAN afford it you just need to do it this way

Buy generic proscar online and a pill cutter. This is 5mg of finasteride. The pill cutter will cut it into fourths (1.25mg) approximately the proper dose for male pattern baldness. You can get it from some online pharmacies without a prescription. This method is incredibly cheap, only 30 dollars a year or something rediculous.

You aren't any more correct than they are as well.

Helel

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't understand. I get that Finasteride is not a miracle drug. I get that. Some people have had amazing success and have returned to their lives and others have had their lives made worse because of Finasteride. What I don't understand is how most of you feel like Finasteride is a waste of time.

Does that mean that the people who've had "success" with Finasteride will not enjoy that success for very long?

stop dht

Established Member
Reaction score
I m sure we got 1 way to conquer male pattern baldness S 5 cream + minoxidil . But we gotta buzz hair often dat sucks so we cant conquer tht but we can delay dat

Mehrdad

Reaction score
I don't understand. I get that Finasteride is not a miracle drug. I get that. Some people have had amazing success and have returned to their lives and others have had their lives made worse because of Finasteride. What I don't understand is how most of you feel like Finasteride is a waste of time.

Does that mean that the people who've had "success" with Finasteride will not enjoy that success for very long?

Finasteride isnt a waste of time! it slows hair loss but its not a perfect treatment *alone*. Specially when hair loss is at its peak level, finasteride won't even work.
You HAVE to add topical DHT inhibitors (like Spironolactone, Ketoconazole, Fluridil, etc ) to your regime to conquer Hair Follicle Inflammation and regrowth.

also forget the Minoxidil.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
cure?
Let just all invest in some mad genius who makes a balding virus so EVERY other guy gets to experience it as well...... you know that saying, if you cant beat'em make them join you!

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
cure?
Let just all invest in some mad genius who makes a balding virus so EVERY other guy gets to experience it as well...... you know that saying, if you cant beat'em make them join you!

Can we put women into the mix as well? That way they'll know what it feels like to be singled out and rejected over the lack of hair... and then we can **** on them by calling them VAIN when they try to fix the 'problem' ???