Tissuse And J. Hewitt: Smart Hair Transplant Trial In 2019!

glammetal

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So if it's published in 2019,maybe they wrote it in 2017,and maybe they solved it by 2019 when they started their trial.....
Maybe....

nahte42

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Need updates on this. J Hewitt, have you found a company to help you store hair follicles? This should literally be a quite simple thing to get done. Of ALL the challenges with hair cloning, the one thing holding this up is the failure to come to a financial agreement for storage???

Fgsfds

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Need updates on this. J Hewitt, have you found a company to help you store hair follicles? This should literally be a quite simple thing to get done. Of ALL the challenges with hair cloning, the one thing holding this up is the failure to come to a financial agreement for storage???
If you have no info stfu

H

Reaction score
I wouldnt expect any noteworthy news from anyone until the second half of 2021.

Throwaway94

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

It's not just storage it's actually carrying out the cell expansion that they need from their cell processing centre. They're low key blaming Shiseido for muscling them out.

H

Reaction score
Can you please summarize the most important points for us? I am not that scientific to understand this. Would be very kind if you do this!
Im not a biologist and I briefed it but they did this in a human or in human skin so that's positive and it sounds pretty much like they have thoroughly narrowed down the chemical soup used in hair neogenesis however they will need more time to see if a full hair shaft will grow.

FilthyFrancis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Im not a biologist and I briefed it but they did this in a human or in human skin so that's positive and it sounds pretty much like they have thoroughly narrowed down the chemical soup used in hair neogenesis however they will need more time to see if a full hair shaft will grow.

This is a good sum up. Primary observations are positive

Throwaway94

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys this wasn't done in a human, it wasn't even done in real human skin. Short of an immunodeprived mouse this would have been the next easiest thing, this is essentially just an ideal growth medium. My main issue is that this wasn't done with inhibitors like DHT circulating.

H

Reaction score
Guys this wasn't done in a human, it wasn't even done in real human skin. Short of an immunodeprived mouse this would have been the next easiest thing, this is essentially just an ideal growth medium. My main issue is that this wasn't done with inhibitors like DHT circulating.
Part 3 of the introduction describes it as basically human skin with comparable immunology please explain how it is not I am not biologist. A study with circulating DHT would take many years we dont normally go bald in a couple months.

FilthyFrancis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Part 3 of the introduction describes it as basically human skin with comparable immunology please explain how it is not I am not biologist. A study with circulating DHT would take many years we dont normally go bald in a couple months.

He's afraid DHT could prevent the hair shaft to grow from point 0

Reactions: H

Throwaway94

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

No it only has a comparable inflammation response. I'm concerned DHT will nip HF formation in the bud yes.

Reactions: H

byebyehair

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
They showed, that the signals, they know take place in hair follicle formation also took place in their trial. BUT they dont know if there are more signals infolved they aren t aware of yet. So it is a big step in the right direction but so far we cant say how many big steps are ahead of us. I truely hope this is the last step needed.

Joxy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
They showed, that the signals, they know take place in hair follicle formation also took place in their trial. BUT they dont know if there are more signals infolved they aren t aware of yet. So it is a big step in the right direction but so far we cant say how many big steps are ahead of us. I truely hope this is the last step needed.
One of the main creators of Replicel technology commented that last paper from TissUse is not full formed hair follicle, but they make good progress.