Tinder experience

shookwun

Reaction score
It's pretty simple to explain. Everyone gets excited to make contact and potentially have someone - but the novelty wears off fast. Reality sets in and the truth is relationships take a lot of effort and energy, and can be a hassle.
And from the beginning the fundamentals are not there - which is like I said before you need a bridge to create a buffer for comfort zone. That's why these things are always easier if you meet someone you regularly see at the gym, your church, social circle, sports club etc. This way you already have something to work from (bridge) - convenience is a big factor.

Nailed it right on.

Completely agree. I see these type of relationships at my gym all he time. Regular goers suddenly dating each other.

Marky

My Regimen
Reaction score
Also to add, these are more natural ways and girls preference in meeting - after all for woman it's all about telling the story to friends on how you met, and online is not the drama that makes for an exciting story.
Online is where you go when you can't find someone in this natural-just-going-about-your-daily-life way. And also explains why trails all the sudden go cold on the net or texting - they did have options in their normal life but tried the online thing to see if they can get something better, after making contact they decided your not better than what they might already have on the go - so they'll go for the dude on their co-ed soccer team just cause it's easier and more convenient - plus you both know same people from the soccer team so the social aspect is more conducive to building a relationship (comfort buffer zone)

Nailed it right on.

Completely agree. I see these type of relationships at my gym all he time. Regular goers suddenly dating each other.

LeBronJames

Banned
Reaction score
Matches etc don't mean anything!
So many times I'd be texting, and out of no where they would end communication over stupid things. Not texting them back for few hours due to my work schedule and rotation. (Not able to have cellular device in the field) that and not having enough time off. What else? Dew days ago I was supposed to go on a date, it was a done and ready but I had to make a rain check for the next day. Anyhow she dent respond to the call or text the following day.

Women are ****ed.. lol
Dont text the girl too much. Go for the meet up instantly.
If you text too much, you seem desperate or get friendzoned.
I just started using Tinder, seems way harder. Girls take days to respond. If you meet girls face to face initially, you can go on an instant date before even getting her number.
First impressions mean a lot, and you cant show that on Tinder. That app is used just to boost a girl's ego, that's it.
But yeah, texting is not man's best friend. I try to stay away from that to be honest. I'll call up the girl instead. If they dont answer, they'll usually text me. If I dont get an answer, then she's just a waste of time. She comes off as those girls who like to plat "mind games" and just wants attention. Screw those types of girls.

shookwun

Reaction score
Lold at friendzone.

Wouldnt know. . I don't wast my time texting chicks all day bout trivial ****. Texting for me is just a means of setting up hang outs and brief flirting. I have no other use for texting them. Anything else seems counter productive and a waste of time.

Calling them on other hand ... sure I discuss and talk about life etc. over a text seems ****ing weird.

IA2015

Established Member
Reaction score
Tinder I personally don't think is for love.

It's for the thrill, the chase and the sex - that is it.

These woman who go on Tinder and say they want to meet friends or find a good guy - lol what?

Marky

My Regimen
Reaction score
I knew a guy who taught the PUA stuff and had his clients practice their craft at the mall. I got to watch them in action, dudes in their 20's mingling with teenage girls - that's the type that hang at the mall, it is pretty weird stuff.
They make it sound like you can do that anywhere with anyone - but you try that stuff in the gym or in the vicinity of your workplace and everyone will label you as that weird dude who talks to every chick.

You probably come across more games than me as online many girls I imagine want an ego boost, nothing more.

Oh yes. I hope PUA will save me:whistle:. I must confess at the tender age of 17 I remember reading bits which I still remember. I will never forget the guy who went on a PUA course and then tried talking to all of us differently. It was just weird. He demonstrated even lower value. You must teach me PUA in French and Dutch.

- - - Updated - - -

My thoughts. Imagine saying I met my gf on Tinder :)[/QUOTE]

IA2015

Established Member
Reaction score
I'd say you are the luck exception. Maybe it is different in Belgium.

In Britain I don't feel you can meet a good, interesting and amazing girl on Tinder.

But if you believe in the whole it's only looks that matter or they matter above all else, then maybe.

Personally, I believe many factors are in involved when attracting a female: looks, social status, wealth, personality, health etc etc.

IA2015

Established Member
Reaction score
The thing about the 'bridge' (kudos to the guy who said it) is true.

Even on Tinder, I hit it off with girls who attend the same university as me - so we have a commonality!

shookwun

Reaction score
Done both. Online dating sucks.

Almost evey attractive women I know had met their boyfriends through mutual circles, school or some form of Hobbie such as the gym.

Eveyt girl I met looks worse the their PICTURES and wernt that attractive in person .

IA2015

Established Member
Reaction score
How do people meet at the gym, seriously? I hear this alot.

I never conversate with anyone.

Maybe its a stoic British thing.

shookwun

Reaction score
I'm actually kicking myself thinking about it. In the last six months I've seen I'd say a handful if not more of people who are frequents now dating. What pisses me off is I could of been that guy had I not been the ear bud/music type. Oh well, I love music and working out to much to stop wearing them.

Its very easy to be honest. In most cases when I forget my ear buds you would just strike up a conversation by stating something subtle or asking to working in. Then it generally proceeds to small talk, smiles etc. As time goes on you get the number. N keep in mind you see the sa.e people all the time so you're almost guaranteed to see her again. Most people go to the gym the same time frame

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
What about the general rants about women hating getting hit on in the gyms?

shookwun

Reaction score
As always, it only applies if they don't find you attractive.

This.

Particularly why you make small, and casual talk. If they are receptive then that's always a good sign, but don't mistaken kindness for attraction.

Most will know if she's into you. Its not hard to tell if a girl is interested.

Marky

My Regimen
Reaction score
Fred I don't believe you. I think you are only semi-happy with your girlfriend, and have a subconscious wandering eye seeing if you can find something better.
If I had a girl friend hanging out online to "just meet people" I would be totally suspicious and not approve of it in the least - but I guess that's just my old fashioned view as I often get labelled.
But man I hear and get absolutely silly and jaw dropping advice from people when it comes to love, marriage, relationships etc. I've learned hard lessons taking advice from others.

5 seconds per copy/paste x 100: 500 + 5 minutes per conversation = roughly 30 minutes to get 5 dates.

How much more time would it take in the real world?

Why am I still on it? I like meeting new people. And I can't exactly ask dudes to meet online.

Want to go for a drink Wolf? ;)

Marky

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why not join a sport club, or some interest you may have that involves socializing with doing the same interest.
Is the job market really that tough out there?

I am truly very happy with my girlfriend. Otherwise I wouldn't have stuck with her for almost a year.

Like I said, I just like to meet new people. If I don't do that, I meet absolutely no one, and it makes me depressed.

You have to admit it's not easy to meet new people once you're fresh out of college (and out of a job).

If I had to give one relationship advice, it would be this: always make sure you are the one who has the less to lose.

It's not because you're in a relationship that you can just relax and become complacent. Many people make that mistake and that's why a lot of relationships fail.

marco75

Established Member
Reaction score
I find Tinder/online dating far superior to meeting in real life. It's like comparing trading at an exchange vs bartering with the local butcher. You suddenly have 1000's of girls to choose from rather than the handful that happen to be around you. You can filter them by looks, interest in common etc. Maybe back in early 2000's the girls online had issues but with tinder all girls are on it. I have had a few dates already from tinder and going back to ones house tomorrow night and 60 matches, got a few in Brussels also while I was there (matches not dates) .

I just got back from Brussels after seeing Dr Basinga, he told me I wasn't a candidate for FUE due to poor donor area. He spent about 10 mins with me after me travelling from the UK overnight etc and he made me feel like I was wasting his time, but he saw the pics first and set up the appointment. Bit disappointed but relived in way as I don't have to spend thousands and fret about how it might look after. Will continue with meds as I see some regrowth.

MI92

Established Member
Reaction score
Tinder was horrible for me (online dating has in general lol). Rather go the real life route. Or maybe sign up to one of those dating sites you have to pay a fee to be on. Idk.

marco75

Established Member
Reaction score
Tinder was horrible for me (online dating has in general lol). Rather go the real life route. Or maybe sign up to one of those dating sites you have to pay a fee to be on. Idk.

Think tinder is only good for guys who are handsome/good looking to be honest. Not saying you aren't, but the pic has to show it. I am not bragging but I get approached/stared at by girls in real life but a lot aren't my type or not the right circumstances and I am not one of these PUA types, I am naturally shy but have overcame it as I got older. so I find tinder makes the process efficient.

- - - Updated - - -

******** did exactly the same with me. I felt I was wasting his time too.

I'm glad his office was only half an hour from my place.

He's only interested in candidates he can show off on his website I'm afraid.

It seems that he tells everyone they're not a candidate unless they're 45 year old NW3's who have been on finasteride since 1999.

I suggest you don't lose hope and try other top surgeons marco.

Ok I will probably wait till next year to see how the meds work, only been on them over a month, it might at least make the donor stronger for the next consult. I am doing ok with women so not too bothered but still would like a bit more coverage. Thanks for the info, I felt ok but a bit down travelling back, not because he said no but the way he treated me. Would rather he told me not to bother coming. I wouldn't recommend him to anyone based on that consult, perhaps it was his assistants fault though.

MI92

Established Member
Reaction score
Think tinder is only good for guys who are handsome/good looking to be honest. Not saying you aren't, but the pic has to show it. I am not bragging but I get approached/stared at by girls in real life but a lot aren't my type or not the right circumstances and I am not one of these PUA types, I am naturally shy but have overcame it as I got older. so I find tinder makes the process efficient.
Yeah, I've always been shy myself. Never really got much attention from girls here in the UK but get a lot more from foreign girls. I've had girls swoon over me and bombard me with messages but also had girls give me looks of "eww, gross" lol. Lot of guys tell me I'm good-looking (randomly coming up to me, friends, gay guys etc.) I don't see it lol, I think I'm average apart from my physique (above average). But I've seen some not-so good looking fellas (in my opinion) have success on Tinder (out of shape, chubby face etc.) I think being ethnic here doesn't particularly help here, idk. But gonna stick to real life.