time to seriously reevaluate propecia

flimflam

Experienced Member
Reaction score
...i heard that Merck spy planes spray American crops with Propecia late at night

bubka

Reaction score
those black helicopters, all part of the nafta highway and the north american union

thats just FURTHER proof that it does not work, because if it did, nobody would be bald

RaginDemon

Reaction score
I have some sides with finasteride but it definitely saves my hair. I am experiencing thickening up on top of my head and some temple regrowth combined with minoxidil.

I cant say its 100% sure, but it is a risk I am willing to take to make myself happier. I just want to buy some time til something better comes out.

k3nn7i

Established Member
Reaction score
gd to hear that ragin...

again, taking finasteride is a personal choice. You gotta weigh it between the side effects and your 'courage'. I don't really think courage is the gd word for that. Its just, at least, you did give is a shot to slow down your hairloss rate.

Dogs3

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hey i'm not here to say that propecia cannot cause side effects, i'm sure it can. But a ton of the sides listed here are just false and are wrongly attributed to finasteride. Like the penis turning black thing, there was a guy who claimed it made him shorter etc... It just gives new users the wrong impression and freaks people out into going with "safer natural remedies". Its such utter bullshit.
For instance, provilus claims that it is safer to go with them than propecia or rogaine. But theyre topical serum is just a watered down minoxidil solution but just really shitty. I'm starting to believe that a lotof these all natural hair suppliment companies are pushing BS around on the web and forums like this in order to scare uneducated people who have started losing their hair. You think im crazy? Go to any one of these bullshit sites that are "blogs" but are blatantly just provillus setting up bullshit sites: http://www.baldingtony.com , http://www.HonestJonathan.com/Provillus , or that other one with that f*****g doofus i think its trustmichael.com

Sure, propecia and minoxidil might ave some sides but give the "my dick is turning black and my balls are falling off" sh*t a rest.

Brandon Mthson

Established Member
Reaction score
If you've experienced reduction in penis size I'd recommend making an appointment with a doctor and doing a lot of research on the internet to look for people with a similar experience and see what they tried.

Have you ever taken v****? It works on the penile valves to make more blood enter and stay in the erect penis, so some young people without problems take it sometimes to experience harder and a little larger erections. A doctor would know best (consult them first), but I'd be interested to see if v**** gives you the kind of erections you used to have. (v**** shouldn't necessarily be taken lightly.)

G

Those of you who are having serious sexual side effects from Propecia have to keep in mind, that since a number of the people on this forum will never actually get the opportunity to use their penises on anything other than an inflatable PVC woman, your concerns about loss of libido and sexual function are fairly likely to fall on deaf ears.

This has been a public service announcement from your local penis preservation society.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Brandon Mthson said:
(v**** shouldn't necessarily be taken lightly.)

Nope. Using it really should be a hard decision.

astral week

Established Member
Reaction score
Brandon Mthson said:
If you've experienced reduction in penis size I'd recommend making an appointment with a doctor and doing a lot of research on the internet to look for people with a similar experience and see what they tried.

Have you ever taken v****? It works on the penile valves to make more blood enter and stay in the erect penis, so some young people without problems take it sometimes to experience harder and a little larger erections. A doctor would know best (consult them first), but I'd be interested to see if v**** gives you the kind of erections you used to have. (v**** shouldn't necessarily be taken lightly.)

haha I've probably researched this issue on the internet waaay too much for my mental well-being already, and yes there are men who have experienced similar problems. Of course, some of them ARE crazy, but many claims seem perfectly legitimate.

v**** would be interesting to try, but maybe a tad depressing if it shows me what i used to be and cannot be any longer. (insert frowny).

G

bubka said:
those black helicopters, all part of the nafta highway and the north american union

thats just FURTHER proof that it does not work, because if it did, nobody would be bald

Red Herring.

Evident.Brilliance

Reaction score
I'm reconsidering getting on this, a few hours ago I was PUMPED, but i'm glad I looked @ the possible side effects, while I'd most likely be fine, I don't wanna take that chance on not being able to enjoy sex anymore, gotta weigh out the options, who knows, in a few years they could come out with something completly different & much more convienient, ah well -goes to shave head- =\

G

Evident.Brilliance said:
I'm reconsidering getting on this, a few hours ago I was PUMPED, but i'm glad I looked @ the possible side effects, while I'd most likely be fine, I don't wanna take that chance on not being able to enjoy sex anymore, gotta weigh out the options, who knows, in a few years they could come out with something completly different & much more convienient, ah well -goes to shave head- =\

I shaved my head, and I feel much better than I did when I was fretting like a woman at a beauty salon over every missing hair.

Would I like my hair back? Hell yeah.

Will I risk my c*** and balls over it? Hell no.

But I also know a lot about the natural options, so I have a strategy I'm working on, and if it works, great, if not, f*** it. I'll be Lex Luther.

At least the more you know about the side effects, the more you know what to watch for, and can make an earlier decision to quit if you do try it and have any problems.

Some of the people here would have you rush into it blindly, because they're true-believers and professional Propecia cheerleaders, but if you lost your c*** and ball function over it, do you think they'd bear any liability? Hell no.

So f*** 'em... make up your own mind, in your own time, and then you'll be less likely to have any regrets.

astral week

Established Member
Reaction score
Evident.Brilliance said:

honestly even if we do assume that the side effects are more severe than 2% when taking 1mg of finasteride a day, I would still recommend you take .25mg a day, or even every other day. .2mg is i believe 70% as effective as 1mg, and considering it's out of your system in about a day, there seems to be very low risk of taking .25 every other day.

Evident.Brilliance

Reaction score
I feel both of you, one side of me is like just fucc it, shave your head, but then another side of me is saying, you already still have hair left, why not save it & hold onto it for another 10 or so years? Once I hit 40 i'd quit taking any drugs altogether, the best thing I could do is wait till Monday & discuss it with my doctor, I don't want to rush into anything without exploring ALL my options, your right Erik, another few months isn't going to make a difference at all.

G

Evident.Brilliance said:
I feel both of you, one side of me is like just fucc it, shave your head, but then another side of me is saying, you already still have hair left, why not save it & hold onto it for another 10 or so years? Once I hit 40 i'd quit taking any drugs altogether, the best thing I could do is wait till Monday & discuss it with my doctor, I don't want to rush into anything without exploring ALL my options, your right Erik, another few months isn't going to make a difference at all.

Good for you. Figure it out in your own time.

You can do both, shave your head and still work to save your hair... that's what I'm doing... preparing myself for either outcome simultaneously.

Though on the plus side, I do see little hairs growing in, and my bald spots filling in, so I'm very encouraged in that regard. But I'm not exactly the most patient guy in the world.

Brandon Mthson

Established Member
Reaction score
"v**** would be interesting to try, but maybe a tad depressing if it shows me what i used to be and cannot be any longer. (insert frowny)."

I think it might be a good sign if you could narrow it down to it being just a blood flow problem rather than something more mysterious.

Wearing a http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cock_ring , which lets blood into the penis but restricts blood flowing out, might fix the problem while you're using it, and even give you harder erections than you had before.

In the longer term, cosmetic surgery is a rapidly growing field and procedures that can improve the performance of penises could emerge at any time. (E.g. stem cell treatments have recently been used in trials to strengthen the muscles necessary to cure incontinence.)

TianCross

Reaction score
Although I've only been taking finpecia for about two months the only 'sides' I've had, if you can call them that, is an increase in libido. I even produce more sperm now it seems. Hopefully this will stay constant as I don't really want my d*ck to shrink - heaven forbid! Still I'm not goin evaluate the effect it has on my hair until 6 months has passed...

Evident.Brilliance

Reaction score
Erik D said:
[quote="Evident.Brilliance":1mrtq5mn]I feel both of you, one side of me is like just fucc it, shave your head, but then another side of me is saying, you already still have hair left, why not save it & hold onto it for another 10 or so years? Once I hit 40 i'd quit taking any drugs altogether, the best thing I could do is wait till Monday & discuss it with my doctor, I don't want to rush into anything without exploring ALL my options, your right Erik, another few months isn't going to make a difference at all.

Good for you. Figure it out in your own time.

You can do both, shave your head and still work to save your hair... that's what I'm doing... preparing myself for either outcome simultaneously.

Though on the plus side, I do see little hairs growing in, and my bald spots filling in, so I'm very encouraged in that regard. But I'm not exactly the most patient guy in the world.[/quote:1mrtq5mn]

So have you had any major side effects since you've started taking propecia? I got a prescription from my doctor, he said the side effects are no where near as drastic as i've read, & the percentage is lower than it actually seems, all in all he was more than willing to prescribe it to me & said it was a good decision to look up my options while i'm still this young.