Time has finally come

TheJediAreHere

My Regimen
Reaction score
U need finasteride Buddy.
Yeah, guess I do, but I also think that for now I am going to listen to an actual dermatologist, who took a good look at my head/hair and checked everything. She did said that she wants to start with min, and see how it goes. I mean she told me to come again in about month or so, to see how it goes and obviously if no changes occur, or if it gets worse, to then start finasteride. So. finasteride is definitely not out of the equation, just not in the next 30 or so days.
After all I ain't going bald/significantly balder in the next 30 days.

Sorry, if I still sound hesitant about "jumping on big 3" it's just I already stated that I am not willing to start using ANYTHING without consulting a professional checking my head/hair IRL. Same as with 5% min that I was not going to start until today, the moment she, or even some other dermatologist prescribes me finasteride, I am getting on it.

Anyways, I still will be posting any news, and updates on my situation, regardless in which direction it ends up going.

Cheers.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, guess I do, but I also think that for now I am going to listen to an actual dermatologist, who took a good look at my head/hair and checked everything. She did said that she wants to start with min, and see how it goes. I mean she told me to come again in about month or so, to see how it goes and obviously if no changes occur, or if it gets worse, to then start finasteride. So. finasteride is definitely not out of the equation, just not in the next 30 or so days.
After all I ain't going bald/significantly balder in the next 30 days.

Sorry, if I still sound hesitant about "jumping on big 3" it's just I already stated that I am not willing to start using ANYTHING without consulting a professional checking my head/hair IRL. Same as with 5% min that I was not going to start until today, the moment she, or even some other dermatologist prescribes me finasteride, I am getting on it.

Anyways, I still will be posting any news, and updates on my situation, regardless in which direction it ends up going.

Cheers.
Well I self medicate on dutasteride and oral minoxidill, I dont need no stupid derm to tell me what I already know.

TheJediAreHere

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well I self medicate on dutasteride and oral minoxidill, I dont need no stupid derm to tell me what I already know.
Okay, btw quick question. Did you have any of the side effects with dutasteride, and if you had, which ones? I know the side effects are pretty much the same with dutasteride and finasteride.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Okay, btw quick question. Did you have any of the side effects with dutasteride, and if you had, which ones? I know the side effects are pretty much the same with dutasteride and finasteride.
I really must say that you should get on finasteride asap, dont waste time, the longer you Wait the thinner your hair Will get. Minoxidill is not a long term solution for most, you often need a dht blocker with it to sustain hair long term.

TheJediAreHere

My Regimen
Reaction score
Quick question, don't want to start a new thread just to ask this:

I'm on topical minoxidil 5%, using it twice a day. Next saturday I'll have a small surgery (pilonidal sinus/cyst aka that annoying tailbone/buttocks ingrown hair), so should stop using minoxidil a week or like day or two before surgery, or is it ok to use it?

Jeju

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
As promised, buzz cut, excuse the darn zit on my forehead and maybe a more than needed amount of picsView attachment 175614View attachment 175615View attachment 175616View attachment 175617View attachment 175618View attachment 175619View attachment 175620View attachment 175621View attachment 175622View attachment 175623

Fun fact: I was, pretty much a buzz cut kid, until I was 10-11, having it cut to a buzz cut once or twice since, but never, not even during my childhood was it this short, this is most likely the shortest my hair has ever been.
You chose a terrible length for diffuse thinning. Need to go lower.

jjuliajul11

My Regimen
Reaction score
Baldness is sad. Self-medication is a bad way out. I always consult a doctor before taking anything. This probably helped me to improve my situation. I recently read Vitality Extracts reviews and decided to buy some care products there. It suited me well and the hair became much better, to be honest

Last edited:

TheJediAreHere

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok, so quick update: Nothing changed, like at all, ever since I started noticing this problem of mine (pretty much back in 2020. and it probably started at least 2-3 years prior to that actually) I've been on topical minoxidil twice (I used it first time for about 5-6 months, then had to stop because of some other issues. It was winter-summer of 2022. And then I used it again for another like 3 or so months late winter to late spring 2023.) Nothing changed at all. So after at least 4 years my hair hasn't got any progress, but it hasn't got worse either. Now I know that balding CAN actually be a long process, and that not everyone gets bald in like 2 months, but still. I've noticed that I'll have a period of times in which my scalp would be greasy AF (regardless on how often I wash and shampoo my hair (I usually use PH neutral shampoos, been using them for as long as I remember, due to my sensitive skin)) while my hair would be dry. I'd say that the amount of hair I shed is more close to normal, then alarming, especially according to some people I've talked to. So yeah, guess I'm (at lest for some foreseeable future) stuck with this weird balding/damaged whatever it is situation of mine.... Anyways hope this 2024. is great for y'all, cheers!

Pey'J

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok, so quick update: Nothing changed, like at all, ever since I started noticing this problem of mine (pretty much back in 2020. and it probably started at least 2-3 years prior to that actually) I've been on topical minoxidil twice (I used it first time for about 5-6 months, then had to stop because of some other issues. It was winter-summer of 2022. And then I used it again for another like 3 or so months late winter to late spring 2023.) Nothing changed at all. So after at least 4 years my hair hasn't got any progress, but it hasn't got worse either. Now I know that balding CAN actually be a long process, and that not everyone gets bald in like 2 months, but still. I've noticed that I'll have a period of times in which my scalp would be greasy AF (regardless on how often I wash and shampoo my hair (I usually use PH neutral shampoos, been using them for as long as I remember, due to my sensitive skin)) while my hair would be dry. I'd say that the amount of hair I shed is more close to normal, then alarming, especially according to some people I've talked to. So yeah, guess I'm (at lest for some foreseeable future) stuck with this weird balding/damaged whatever it is situation of mine.... Anyways hope this 2024. is great for y'all, cheers!
Just cope with shampoos theory