Thyroid Hair loss, looking for other thyroid disease sufferers

HeatVision

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Take note that this picture isn't from my crown. But from the donor area all the way to my nape. Anyone had it this bad?

Attachments

• IMG_20210426_180528.jpg
    IMG_20210426_180528.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 85

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Take note that this picture isn't from my crown. But from the donor area all the way to my nape. Anyone had it this bad?
Grow your hair out more and you will see it's just too short. If you have fine hair and don't have above average density, you will see scalp if you cut it too short. Not a great photo either. You need to show the whole head of hair and slick your hairline back to show your hairline level. I have thyroid issues and it may cause diffuse thinning but if your thyroid is under control you should be fine.

HeatVision

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Grow your hair out more and you will see it's just too short. If you have fine hair and don't have above average density, you will see scalp if you cut it too short. Not a great photo either. You need to show the whole head of hair and slick your hairline back to show your hairline level. I have thyroid issues and it may cause diffuse thinning but if your thyroid is under control you should be fine.
Yeah but you can definitely see the difference of density between it and some of the sides there. People consider this a "weak" donor area.

HeatVision

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Also. I'm Asian. My hair is thick. Density before all of this was better than it is now. You can see uneven spots where some thinning is worse. In the donor area itself no less.