Thoughts On The Best Topical Dht Blocker?

ruffledfeathers

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
See, most people simple copy paste and are idiots.
RU ?! lol, first , is an antiandrogen, with ZERO studies done in human. And, for what we know, it goes systemic.
And both, are being only manufacturated homemade in China.

So, stop being a douchbag , cause you are more like an idiot ( the worst kind, the one that doesn't know it that he is an idiot ) .
Uhhh.... you are the idiot here. It has been tested in humans. Quit calling people names when your flat out wrong.

http://www.isrctn.com/ISRCTN7108377...9&page=1&pageSize=100&searchType=basic-search

http://www.isrctn.com/ISRCTN49873657

Find something better to do with your time.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
ru was highly efficent in my case for about 5years. i had real regrowth. if you do not test it, you will never have a clue

Bro, I used it for several months, it did not even stop my hair loss (not sure if it even slowed it down). It continued to get worse the entire time.

parrotfish

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i know ppl here on fina with no stop of hair loss. just accept that every body/scalp reacts different. fina gave me 10 years, ru additional 5 years. now i continue to fight.
my two brothers are all bald in between

parrotfish

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've read your responses in the CB thread, but what is your current overall opinion on your CB experience versus RU? I know that CB has a much lower binding affinity than RU. With both drugs relying on the same mechanism of action, I would assume you would be losing ground if you were just on CB. I'm trying to finding a solution to tackle the androgen problem without crushing AR or altering systemic hormone levels. CB and RU seem like the only thing that could be potentially do that but anecdotal reports suggest otherwise.
on ru only i lost ground after 5 years of success. on cb only i lost ground (tested over 8months after stopping ru) last resort to fight against my aggressive hair loss: combine fina, cb and ru

so with a 5 years break im back on fina

it sounds terrible, but all this drugs on its own are not doing the job anymore (after 20years). im not el duterino, this guy is maintaining on cb only. unbelievable. sad, works not for me

assessment of cb: does help, but not stopping my loss on its own. needs to get combine. no sides on this drug noted.

Last edited:

parrotfish

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
one thing to add: im not afraid of ru, seti (topical) or cb, but im afraid of dutasteride. i used duta over 12 months. i had strange sides. duta is nothing for me

Michael1986

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Kaus Klinski, I see in your signature that you leave Nizoral shampoo on your scalp for 30-60 minutes each application. Does that not irritate your scalp or dry your hair out? I've recently started using Nizoral and I find it to be quite a harsh shampoo. After I apply it and wash it out, I use a moisturising shea butter conditioner to help minimise the irritation it can cause.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
RU is the strongest.

Kaus Klinski

My Regimen
Reaction score
I see in your signature that you leave Nizoral shampoo on your scalp for 30-60 minutes each application. Does that not irritate your scalp or dry your hair out?

Not at all. But I reduced the time I leave it on to about 5 minutes recently, because it is so inconvenient to have it on the scalp for so long. I use it now every mon, wed, fri and T/Gel on the days in between the Nizoral applications. On sunday (and/or occasionally every now and then), I use this excellent product:

https://www.eucerin.de/produkte/dermocapillaire/kopfhautberuhigendes-urea-shampoo

It really helps to soothe and rehydrate the scalp.I think, you can get it in the UK, too. It's quite pricey though, because it's pharmacy-exclusive.

I wear my hair very short btw (zero buzzcut every couple of weeks), so I only really care for the condition of my scalp (which is just fine) rather than my hair.

regards
Kaus Klinski

RU588FOUR1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey all,

Thought i’d give my take on this, i’m 24 and noticed hairloss when I was 20.

My regime is currently:
- Dermapen (0.75mm)
(Then straight after)
- 4.5% Enzalutamide solution
// 10% DMSO
// 85% Ethanol
// 5% PEG400

I purchase 12 grams every 3 months for £230 from a trusted seller on alibaba.

In my experience, nothing top trumps Enzalutamide assuming you don’t get anxiety side effects - some people have felt this owing to the off target GABA receptor inhibition.

Darolutamide, Enzalutamide and Apalutamide are the strongest second generation Non-steroidal Anti-Androgens available that don’t act as partial agonists and block DHT on multiple levels including removal of gene transcription and nucleus translocation.

My only challenge currently is that’s when I first started Enzalutamide, my hairloss stopped immediately - no shedding - not a single hair in the shower.

Despite dermapenning before hand, using a high concentration of Enzalutamide and using DMSO as a penetration agent .. I still shed 15 hairs in the shower and can pull out the odd hair here and there when I tug on my hair. However I have recently just stopped finasteride (after 2 months) so i’ll see how I go.

Hope this helps, happy to answer any questions.

MeDK

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey all,

Thought i’d give my take on this, i’m 24 and noticed hairloss when I was 20.

My regime is currently:
- Dermapen (0.75mm)
(Then straight after)
- 4.5% Enzalutamide solution
// 10% DMSO
// 85% Ethanol
// 5% PEG400

I purchase 12 grams every 3 months for £230 from a trusted seller on alibaba.

In my experience, nothing top trumps Enzalutamide assuming you don’t get anxiety side effects - some people have felt this owing to the off target GABA receptor inhibition.

Darolutamide, Enzalutamide and Apalutamide are the strongest second generation Non-steroidal Anti-Androgens available that don’t act as partial agonists and block DHT on multiple levels including removal of gene transcription and nucleus translocation.

My only challenge currently is that’s when I first started Enzalutamide, my hairloss stopped immediately - no shedding - not a single hair in the shower.

Despite dermapenning before hand, using a high concentration of Enzalutamide and using DMSO as a penetration agent .. I still shed 15 hairs in the shower and can pull out the odd hair here and there when I tug on my hair. However I have recently just stopped finasteride (after 2 months) so i’ll see how I go.

Hope this helps, happy to answer any questions.

it is some serious medication to start on as Enzalutamide. The side effects are also on the serious side of things.

Side effects

Do you have any studies that claims to be working on hair loss ?

RU588FOUR1

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don’t have any studies per se, however the general action of the drug is positive for hairloss sufferers. It is several fold stronger than Bicalutamide/Flutamide and only 2-3 fold weaker than DHT itself.

Lots of people on this forum use Bicalutamide as their AA of choice, mostly because of cost and following the herd. However this is a first generation NSAA (Non Steroidal Anti Androgen) and actually has partial antagonist effects and causes over expression of the receptor.

Additionally, lots of people claim that the half life of Enzalutamide is a major problem (6 days), but even during the clinical trials of Xandi (the side effects you’re referring to). The drug reached steady state concentrations at 160mg per day by 28 days with no hepatoxicity risk. It also has to be emphasised that this is also from studies concerning the oral medication, not topical application on the skin.

Having a read down those side effects, I personally, have experienced little to none. Potentially higher anxiety levels in the early days, however I can’t be sure this didn’t come from other parts of my life - even so this uplift has been minimal.

I think darolutamide is far too expensive as application everyday is too overburdening. I apply Enzalutamide once every other day after 0.75mm of dermapenning.

I have been using this medication for 1.5 years and it’s not failed me or caused any health issues.

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score

WHERE ARE THE f*****g RESULTS !??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
See you idiot !!!! and study of only one month with no results is not an study !!!!!!!

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don’t have any studies per se, however the general action of the drug is positive for hairloss sufferers. It is several fold stronger than Bicalutamide/Flutamide and only 2-3 fold weaker than DHT itself.

Lots of people on this forum use Bicalutamide as their AA of choice, mostly because of cost and following the herd. However this is a first generation NSAA (Non Steroidal Anti Androgen) and actually has partial antagonist effects and causes over expression of the receptor.

Additionally, lots of people claim that the half life of Enzalutamide is a major problem (6 days), but even during the clinical trials of Xandi (the side effects you’re referring to). The drug reached steady state concentrations at 160mg per day by 28 days with no hepatoxicity risk. It also has to be emphasised that this is also from studies concerning the oral medication, not topical application on the skin.

Having a read down those side effects, I personally, have experienced little to none. Potentially higher anxiety levels in the early days, however I can’t be sure this didn’t come from other parts of my life - even so this uplift has been minimal.

I think darolutamide is far too expensive as application everyday is too overburdening. I apply Enzalutamide once every other day after 0.75mm of dermapenning.

I have been using this medication for 1.5 years and it’s not failed me or caused any health issues.

Dude, simple remove your testicles, will have same side effects, but much cheaper. All that go SYSTEMIC!!!!!!!!

Michael1986

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No topical is going to be as effective as an oral 5ar inhibitor. Nizoral shampoo has been shown to be helpful in studies. You need to use a shampoo anyway, so why not just use Nizoral. The phase 2 trial for CB-03-01 was fairly disappointing. Results declined between six months and 12 months of treatment. There have been anecdotal reports of success with RU58841 and also topical finasteride, but the general consensus on here is that these are a lot less effective than an oral antiandrogen. There was actually a thread on here claiming that RU58841 can cause cancer: https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...-have-been-dropped-for-causing-cancer.122018/.
If you can't use finasteride, you need to throw in all you can to treat your hair loss with the attitude that every little helps. Nizoral, CB-03-01, minoxidil, dermarolling, possibly a PGD2 antagonist, and whatever else for which there is some evidence it can help.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dude, simple remove your testicles, will have same side effects, but much cheaper. All that go SYSTEMIC!!!!!!!!

So will topical Finasteride, yet people here are still waiting for it like it's the second coming of Christ.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score

I had panic attacks even on topical Enza. Stuff was brutal for me. Now I am experimenting with low dose oral bicalutamide + raloxifene, I feel better than I did on Finasteride or anything but the gyno is hard to control. Would probably need Arimidex which I feel would cancel out all results.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Even after pfs you dare to take such hormone altering meds?

Mostly just wanted to see how I'd tolerate it. RU58841 doesn't work for me anymore and my hair is pretty bad again.

Also, due to its mechanism there is a chance it could even help with PFS, but that's a story for another thread.

parrotfish

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Mostly just wanted to see how I'd tolerate it. RU58841 doesn't work for me anymore and my hair is pretty bad again.

Also, due to its mechanism there is a chance it could even help with PFS, but that's a story for another thread.
how long worked ru for you? you had as well regrowth?

Michael1986

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I had panic attacks even on topical Enza. Stuff was brutal for me. Now I am experimenting with low dose oral bicalutamide + raloxifene, I feel better than I did on Finasteride or anything but the gyno is hard to control. Would probably need Arimidex which I feel would cancel out all results.
Have you had side-effects other than gyno from the oral bicalutamide and raloxifene? These are some very hardcore drugs. As for me, I would never touch any tranny drugs myself.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
how long worked ru for you? you had as well regrowth?

I used it on-off for like a year. Just thickening of existing hair and maintenance for a while, no regrowth of bald areas or vellus->terminal.

Have you had side-effects other than gyno from the oral bicalutamide and raloxifene? These are some very hardcore drugs. As for me, I would never touch any tranny drugs myself.

Raloxifene is one of the safest drugs I ever took, no side effects. No other side effects from Bica but I am using only very low doses as a test, ~3 mg daily, because I am very prone to gyno (got noticeable gyno growth even from Finasteride), and as expected my nipples are already getting puffy so I plan to stop soon. I might try it in the future with Arimidex because Raloxifene is not powerful enough to counter the estradiol.

Unfortunately that leaves me with no options because other than anti-androgens nothing really works, and since RU is not strong enough anymore, and I developed gyno and permasides from finasteride, I have nothing left anymore.