Thoughts On The Best Topical Dht Blocker?

stonecold

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I understand nothing is concrete science wise with topical DHT blocking. For those that don't take finesteride, this is a pretty big obstacle in the hair loss battle.

Nizoral has shown some promise.

I've been looking at rosemary oil more and more now. Anyone have much experience with it? The results from the study suggest it was better than minoxidil after 6 months!

I can't seem to find how it was applied and in what dose. Does anyone have the details?

Any other DHT topical blockers people can share their experiences with?

MeDK

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
if you are referencing this study Rosemary oil vs minoxidil 2% for the treatment of androgenetic alopecia: a randomized comparative trial.

"both groups experienced a significant increase in hair count at the 6-month endpoint compared with the baseline and 3-month endpoint (P < .05). No significant difference was found between the study groups regarding hair count either at month 3 or month 6 (> .05)."

As you can see its not the most potent minoxidil and there was no difference between the two.

All of those treatments isn't going to take you all the way back to your teenage years, if it was the case already then we had no forums as these.

I stopped all the topical treatments because its just more an inconvenience than its doing anything good.

Also there are other forums for alternative treatments and such on this site.

Seuxin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The two DHT topical blocker : RU or CB 03 01.
If there was effective natural DHT blocker, all people will use it...It doesn't exist. Stop dreaming.
RU or CB, or, be a man and take dutasteride.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
^Ironic.

One thing's for sure, RU is pathetic. I mean honest to God that sh*t is weak, when I hear el_duterino say he stopped his hair loss on RU for 10 years I can only say you would have stopped that kind of hair loss rubbing piss on your head every day, the RU probably had nothing to do with it.

NotInmywatch

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
^Ironic.

One thing's for sure, RU is pathetic. I mean honest to God that sh*t is weak, when I hear el_duterino say he stopped his hair loss on RU for 10 years I can only say you would have stopped that kind of hair loss rubbing piss on your head every day, the RU probably had nothing to do with it.
I agree, what he says and what I see in myself and other baldies is totally different. What I think is some men
are meant to stay forever in one stage like my 88 year old, never has taken any hair loss medication, norwood 3 father who went norwood 2 at 18.
So I think it will "work" for el duterino but it's more like it is his genetic signature.
meanwhile Im a norwood 7 diffuse dupa-like losing hair on dutasteride.

WeStayCooling

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree, what he says and what I see in myself and other baldies is totally different. What I think is some men
are meant to stay forever in one stage like my 88 year old, never has taken any hair loss medication, norwood 3 father who went norwood 2 at 18.
So I think it will "work" for el duterino but it's more like it is his genetic signature.
meanwhile Im a norwood 7 diffuse dupa-like losing hair on dutasteride.
you might be better off just shaving and waiting for hair cloning tbh

Kaus Klinski

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why not use topical dutasteride or finasteride? Sure, it's experimental to a certain degree and we have no conclusive research on it, but same goes for all the other so called "innovations" like RU etc. 5-ARIs are (at least when used orally) proven to inhibit DHT/stop hair loss.

Or just take oral finasteride/dutasteride and rest assured to treat your hair loss effectively that way. I know it's probably not a healthy thing to do but it's something you just *have* to do in order to have any kind of success ...

regards
Kaus Klinski

stonecold

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
heard pumpkin seed oil should be good... still lack to try it though

I have read that too.

Anyone had any experience or idea how rosemary oil was used in the studies? It's an essential oil so won't be able to put it directly on the head. How many drops in to a carrier oil would be ideal?

StudyHacks

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
if you are referencing this study Rosemary oil vs minoxidil 2% for the treatment of androgenetic alopecia: a randomized comparative trial.

"both groups experienced a significant increase in hair count at the 6-month endpoint compared with the baseline and 3-month endpoint (P < .05). No significant difference was found between the study groups regarding hair count either at month 3 or month 6 (> .05)."

As you can see its not the most potent minoxidil and there was no difference between the two.

All of those treatments isn't going to take you all the way back to your teenage years, if it was the case already then we had no forums as these.

I stopped all the topical treatments because its just more an inconvenience than its doing anything good.

Also there are other forums for alternative treatments and such on this site.
WHat about this shampoo: https://www.minoxidilmax.com/hair-covet-hair-restoration-shampoo

parrotfish

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
^Ironic.

ru was highly efficent in my case for about 5years. i had real regrowth. if you do not test it, you will never have a clue

parrotfish

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
befor 10 years on fina, but year 8-10 with decreasing efficency. after i used ru in combination with minoxidil first, then ru only. ru lost it efficency after about 5 years. now after several experimentals (seti, cb, stemox & ru) im back on fina combined with cb and ru. its now 20 years fighting. sorry no pic on a open forum. im nw3

ruffledfeathers

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
befor 10 years on fina, but year 8-10 with decreasing efficency. after i used ru in combination with minoxidil first, then ru only. ru lost it efficency after about 5 years. now after several experimentals (seti, cb, stemox & ru) im back on fina combined with cb and ru. its now 20 years fighting. sorry no pic on a open forum. im nw3
Thanks for your feedback, so you used RU as a standalone for 5 years and maintained? No side effects I'm presuming. Did you get any regrowth or just maintenance until one day you woke up 5 years later and realized you lost more hair?

parrotfish

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
2 years ru combined with minoxidil, after that further 3 years ru only (130mg/day, eth/pg vehicle)

overall, regrowth in phases over 3 years, then maintenance with an additional year, in year 4 slowly loss, after the 5th year i lost significant gains and i started to experiment with cb, seti and several ru doses (till 250mg a day).

ru gave regrowth and maintenance over 4-5 years in my case.

side effects: reduced libido, very weak development of gyno (similar to fina). overall better body feeling as with fina

ruffledfeathers

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
2 years ru combined with minoxidil, after that further 3 years ru only (130mg/day, eth/pg vehicle)

overall, regrowth in phases over 3 years, then maintenance with an additional year, in year 4 slowly loss, after the 5th year i lost significant gains and i started to experiment with cb, seti and several ru doses (till 250mg a day).

side effects: reduced libido, very weak development of gyno (similar to fina). overall better body feeling as with fina
I've read your responses in the CB thread, but what is your current overall opinion on your CB experience versus RU? I know that CB has a much lower binding affinity than RU. With both drugs relying on the same mechanism of action, I would assume you would be losing ground if you were just on CB. I'm trying to finding a solution to tackle the androgen problem without crushing AR or altering systemic hormone levels. CB and RU seem like the only thing that could be potentially do that but anecdotal reports suggest otherwise.

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
The two DHT topical blocker : RU or CB 03 01.
If there was effective natural DHT blocker, all people will use it...It doesn't exist. Stop dreaming.
RU or CB, or, be a man and take dutasteride.
See, most people simple copy paste and are idiots.
RU ?! lol, first , is an antiandrogen, with ZERO studies done in human. And, for what we know, it goes systemic.
And both, are being only manufacturated homemade in China.

So, stop being a douchbag , cause you are more like an idiot ( the worst kind, the one that doesn't know it that he is an idiot ) .

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score

And how do you knwo if all the RU was real ?! Jesus.

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
I understand nothing is concrete science wise with topical DHT blocking. For those that don't take finesteride, this is a pretty big obstacle in the hair loss battle.

Nizoral has shown some promise.

I've been looking at rosemary oil more and more now. Anyone have much experience with it? The results from the study suggest it was better than minoxidil after 6 months!

I can't seem to find how it was applied and in what dose. Does anyone have the details?

Any other DHT topical blockers people can share their experiences with?

Give it a long try to ketoconazole shampoo.
Serenoa repens also have some good studies showing that it works topical without systemic side effects ( revivogen Pro looks like a good alternative treatment too )