Thoughts On Dr. Wasserbauer For Hair Transplant?

rxdw82

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello all.

I visited a few hair restoration clinics in California, and the price quotes were all about the same. So now the deciding factor is the skill of the surgeon, and how happy people are with them. I got the best feeling with Dr Sara Wasserbauer's office in Walnut Creek, California. Everyone seemed warm and welcoming in the office, and they answered all my questions thoroughly. They convinced me to go with a FUT vs. an FUE procedure.

Has anybody here, or know anybody, that went with Dr. Wasserbauer for their hair transplant? What are your thoughts?

Thanks

karatekid

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Never heard of her. I suggest you to do a serious research and go for a well known reputable doctor. dont limit yourself to california, there are several great doctors in US and canada

Scoobysnack

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Check this out: https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/dr-sara-wasserbauer-in-walnut-creek-norcal.124968/

had FUT with her 10/17/19 so roughly 3.5 months post-op. roughly 3500+ grafts. Same as you I went in thinking FUE but came out leaning FUT. Too early to judge my results but the experience was acually pretty cool. They gave me some good drugs....everyone is nice. A couple of the techs are cute. Dont think I ever had pain during or after. Hardest part is sitting in a chair for 5-6 hours and then having to sleep upright for a few nights.

Michele J.Taylor

My Regimen
Reaction score
Check this out: https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/dr-sara-wasserbauer-in-walnut-creek-norcal.124968/

had FUT with her 10/17/19 so roughly 3.5 months post-op. roughly 3500+ grafts. Same as you I went in thinking FUE but came out leaning FUT. Too early to judge my results but the experience was acually pretty cool. They gave me some good drugs....everyone is nice. A couple of the techs are cute. Dont think I ever had pain during or after. Hardest part is sitting in a chair for 5-6 hours and then having to sleep upright for a few nights.
After treatment what precautions you have taken

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score

Care to post any before and after (current) pics? You dont have to post your face.

Scoobysnack

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Care to post any before and after (current) pics? You dont have to post your face.

For sure, let me get some photos together. My 6 month follow-up is coming up soon and will get their official shots at that time, assuming their office is still open.

Scoobysnack

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Was harder than I thought finding a hair pic before the procedure since I was wearing a hat most of the time. Heres a blurry screenshot from a vid I made few months before the procedure. The other one w/o the kid on my head was taken 30 min ago. I recently came out of the ugly duckling phase. Within the last 2-3 weeks a couple people people have commented for the first time that I have more hair than before and I'm starting to notice as well. Fingers crossed stuff keeps growing.

IMG_E1168.JPG
IMG_1167.JPG

Scoobysnack

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes after immediate treatment and also at healing period.

Not much. You go home with a big packet of info that details what you should do daily for the first week or two after the procedure. You have to stay upright for the first 2-3 days which means sleeping in a recliner. That was the hardest part of the whole thing. You dont touch anything on your head for a few days. No washing your hair for the first few days. I dont remember all the rules and details... no aspirin no blood thinners. No hats unless they're really loose. Its mostly common sense stuff. I didnt have much bleeding. The office was surprised when they took my bandages off at my 2 day follow-up. Everyone heals a bit differently and theres always a small risk of complications like skin infection but my experience was pretty smooth. Sleeping upright and waiting for the results are the hard parts. I did have slight shock loss. At months 1-2 I probably had less hair than before the procedure. You have to be prepared to look worse before you start looking better.