Those who've experienced diffuse loss, do I have it?

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Shook, what age do you think most people can definitely be sure what their final pattern will be?

shookwun

Reaction score
I can't say for certain. I believe a miniturization test is the only way to be conclusive.

However, when you buzz you can see a semi-pattern of your fate

nyjrb

Established Member
Reaction score
I'd love to know my fate. The not knowing, drives me a bit insane. Where can you get that test done?

Hairon

Established Member
Reaction score
I'd love to know my fate. The not knowing, drives me a bit insane. Where can you get that test done?

What do you want to know how you'll end up looking? what does it matter? you still wouldn't know when, so for what

rebuv

Reaction score
Hey nyjrb , my hair looks very simmilar to urs but am shedding too even though am not on any treatment , i wonder if ur shedding alot of hairs daily? (Or even when u run ur hand through ur hair do the hairs stick with ur fingers?)

Also , did u just find out u r diffusing or u had it since u joined here (2014)? and r u on any treatment ?(if yes since when ).

slide_hairlossscale.jpg

I am pretty sure we with diffuse hair loss are pattern 3.

I agree with u Hairon .

nyjrb

Established Member
Reaction score
I do shed, but I'm not sure of the amount. I don't think anything excessive. I've been on finasteride for a year and 4 months. I was on minoxidil for about 6 months until I quit recently. I suspected that I had diffuse loss, but just recently it seemed to have gotten worse. I'd say within the last three months. I've always been more concerned with my receding hairline, which is also, disappointingly, continuing to recede.

rebuv

Reaction score
Looking at ur photos ur hairline seems gd not tht bad , am not concerned abt my hairline as much as am concerned abt the top of my head , my main issue now is shedding and i want to know the reason , so were u shedding before starting treatment too? ( i think ur shed now is cuz u r on treatment)

Jim whim

Reaction score
Yep

Sorry to say but I think it looks that way, maybe cut it so it's not short but no long aswell !

nyjrb

Established Member
Reaction score
shookwun, I know you said I shouldn't buzz it, but would you still suggest a crew cut? I'm getting my hair cut soon and I'm trying to decided on what to get. I want something that will flatter my receding hairline but also hide the diffusion.

shookwun

Reaction score
Yes. A Crew cut.

good style for those with weak temple points. It will give the illusion of a thick hair ontop with the faded sides.

Crown is shorter then grdually get thicker, and longer at the front.

It's a great short-hybrid style. I keep the front at about 1 inch but you can go longer.

it's great style for faux hawk, side parts... bangs forward while looking clean
fc10a0e39b9c19e4a308307fe90476a4.jpg

hairlossboss

Reaction score
It does look like you are showing diffuse hair loss this is pretty much how mine also started. Have you had yourself checked already?

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
That guys hairline is actually too low.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
That guys hairline is actually too low.
I would rather have a small forehead than a huge one. I don't think this guys hairline is too low. He has some room to recede without it looking bad. Having a high hairline is a big handicap when you recede.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have the EXACT same hair as you. I keep it long now too, and I hate it. It's a pain in the a*s. I think the best thing would be to shave the sides and back down to a faded one-two and leave the top like 2-3 inches and just comb it straight up and fluff it up or something.

nyjrb

Established Member
Reaction score
Your hair looks greasy in the video. How long had it been since you had a shower?
I shower everyday, so my hair never gets greasy. It may have been slightly damp, I'd just got out of the shower and blow dried my hair a bit.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you think you have the head shape for a buzzcut? You would probably be better off with
medium length or longer hair.

Also, your remaining hair is thick. It's thick enough that if you grew it longer, it would cover up the diffuse
areas. Even the hairline.
I've never had a buzzcut before, so I really have no idea what my head shape would look like. I'm going to give Shook's suggestion of a crew cut a try.