Those who had FUE, can you buzz your head?

global

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Aplunk1 said:
I feel sorry for Global.

He made this thread to get help from other forum members; instead, there's a fight going on here.

Thanks Aplunk, but some people are trying to help at least!

G

Hi Global,

Hey, thanks for the kind words. Wow, you have really done your homework! That's great to see. The 1,000 FUE extractions really won't make a problem for the appearance of your donor zone. And your goals are very realistic and attainable. The end result? You'll be happy with the result and your expectations will be met.

Of course I have no idea what your virgin density levels are but Dr. Wolf can give you an estimate on the approximate total number of grafts available. He'll probably give it to you both ways, what he thinks he can safely get with FUE compared as to what he could safely get with strip.

FYI, I have been starting to receive more pics of patients who had tricho closure methods in their strip procedures and I am absolutely amazed at how well the thin linear scar is disguised with hair growing through it. Some of these guys are already buzzing down to a number 2 guide and it's extremely difficult to see the scar. Obviously I know what to look for compared to what the average person sees. But it's at the time when the hair grows through and there is no redness lingering when it's very hard to notice. But as you already know the results can vary. And the pics I am comparing are patients who heal very well, no raised scars, no lingering redness, etc.

My point is that I have seen patients with 3,000 plus FUE extractions taken from the scalp compared to ones who had 3,000 grafts taken by strip with the trich closure employed. And I'm comparing those pics that have buzzed down to at least a number 2. Believe it or not the FUE dots show more than the disguised thin linear scar in many cases. And of course there are some strip patients that I felt were more noticable. Your hair to scalp color contrast is going to help you so that's also a good factor. The FUE patients that have wide color contrasts and tan very well tend to show more spots IMO.

I feel you will have good success with the FUE approach because you are not really concerned with your crown. That also puts you in a more favorable situation because your donor area will not be over harvested.

BTW, say hello to Dr. Wolf and Ivan for me! Dr. Wolf is both talented and ethical so you are in good hands. :wink:

Mahair

Established Member
Reaction score
Yepo- help you right into the hair transplant treadmill. What the hell do you think 1,000 grafts is going to do for you?

michael barry

Reaction score
Mahair,

Ive got to ask this,........................you dont type very fast do you? Many of your responses are short. This puts you at a disadvantage in arguments because other can go into elaborate detail, and your brief replies, no matter the content, get obfusciated by the sheer tide of words against them.

I beleive there is software these days (or an article a few years back stated it would be available by now, anyway) that you can buy that will allow you to speak to your computer and it will type words at vocal command. This might help you in debates on various political, entertainment, culturual, and yes.........hair-related message boards you might enjoy contributing to.

michael barry

Reaction score
Note on 1,000 grafts..............................

Adults tend to have 100-150 thousand hairs on a full head of hair. 1000 grafts, if they average 3 hairs per follicular unit, will contain about 3000 hairs. This can make a big difference in appearance up front if combed strategically. However, you have to ask yourself............"am I DONE receeding?" What about 10-15-30 years from now if new technologies DONT pan out?

Ive stated it until Im blue in the face, but phase 2 at ICX starts in July. Phase 1 cloning trials in Anderans is due soon also. It might be a good idea to wait and see for about another 12-16 months to look at the results of these tests. The phase 2 is "the biggie" because most indications that statistically pass phase 2 FDA testing eventually get released. This would be your "bail out" hair if you kept receeding so you would not have to worry about not "having enough" hair in the hippocratic wreath area if treatments do not help you keep all the hair you have now. Consider it a "rainy day" hair fund.

global

Experienced Member
Reaction score
At 50 grafts per cm2 1000 grafts will give me 10cm of coverage, 5cm2 of coverage on each temple which is the area I want filled in (I measured it) which is why I requested Dr. Wolf to give me 1000 grafts.

He agreed that that is approx the number I need, but has scheduled me 2 days of surgery time just in case I need more on the day.

Mahair

Established Member
Reaction score
Global

Dr. Wolf is one of the good guys out there. If you have "0" potential of cahasing your hairloss and do not care if the transplanted hair is un natural compaired to the existing hair- You are good to go. Write down ALL of the questions you have been asking and direct them to DR. Wolf. I know he will not lie to you. If you like I will e-mail his opinions on MED- Malpractice/ complications and the industry.