Those Of You Who Have Switched From Finasteride To Dutasteride

justbeconfident

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i had another insomnia night this night, and im only on finasteride, cant imagine if i get on duta and it worsens sleep quality even more

Lurker85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you sure about that? I have been off the drug for the last 10 days and the dutasteride brainfog effect is gone like 70-80 percent for some reason... But because of half life dutasteride I think its hairloss prevention benefits are still there after 10 days.. I don't know if I am gonna stop or continue...

I had brainfog for a few weeks when I started finasteride. It almost felt like being high, but mild. It went away by the 1 month mark and didn't come back when I added dutasteride about a year later. I didn't go full daily dutasteride. I just used 1 per week and finasteride the other 6 days. I upped it a bit, but don't remember if I ever used it daily, I think my max was every other day.

StevenGerrard

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i had another insomnia night this night, and im only on finasteride, cant imagine if i get on duta and it worsens sleep quality even more

that is the only side effect (insomnia + lack of dreams) that truly bothers me, I've had it ever since I started taking finasteride.

Dennis1775

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
that is the only side effect (insomnia + lack of dreams) that truly bothers me, I've had it ever since I started taking finasteride.
I ve been off the avodart dutasteide for 12 days for the last 3 days I am seeing dreams better future and all the vision in my dreams.... If I continue finasteride or dutasteride I AM GONNA KILL MYSELF I am afraid I hope I don't end up harming other before harming myself.Enough is enough.

Dennis1775

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It has been 10.5 months I don't know How I managed to keep going all this time depressed because you can't really fall asleep 100% for that reason You cannot see dreams at night I wanna f'cking kill myself.My 1 year on this drug is gone and all it did was give me depression anxiety imagining yourself hanging from door hang You cannot remember the words when speaking your dick is down to 70 percent hardness. You cannot keep erections if it is not stimulated for more than 5 second.I know everybody in this site watches p**rn so that is how they think they don't have any erectile dysfunction because it is easier to keep the erection going when you are jerking off your dick but it is IMPOSSIBLE when having sex.Around 38 percent of males in the united states are INCEL.They cannot know they cannot think They cannot imagine the feelings while having sex with a girl.But they come here and recommend finasteride and dutasteride F'CK!!!!

justbeconfident

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It has been 10.5 months I don't know How I managed to keep going all this time depressed because you can't really fall asleep 100% for that reason You cannot see dreams at night I wanna f'cking kill myself.My 1 year on this drug is gone and all it did was give me depression anxiety imagining yourself hanging from door hang You cannot remember the words when speaking your dick is down to 70 percent hardness. You cannot keep erections if it is not stimulated for more than 5 second.I know everybody in this site watches p**rn so that is how they think they don't have any erectile dysfunction because it is easier to keep the erection going when you are jerking off your dick but it is IMPOSSIBLE when having sex.Around 38 percent of males in the united states are INCEL.They cannot know they cannot think They cannot imagine the feelings while having sex with a girl.But they come here and recommend finasteride and dutasteride F'CK!!!!
that's true, its easier to maintain erection while being exposed to non stop stream of brain stimulator in form of p**rn unlike in real life when not much screaming going on and you cant change how your partners looks every 10 seconds

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
I ve been off the avodart dutasteide for 12 days for the last 3 days I am seeing dreams better future and all the vision in my dreams.... If I continue finasteride or dutasteride I AM GONNA KILL MYSELF I am afraid I hope I don't end up harming other before harming myself.Enough is enough.
Dude if you’re seriously considering hurting other people and then hurting yourself, you NEED to get some help. That’s a very dangerous place to be living.

StevenGerrard

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Duta completely "fixed" my DHT itch/burning sensation. I have said it before and I will say it again, the side-effects are real-ish but completely tolerable.

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Duta completely "fixed" my DHT itch/burning sensation. I have said it before and I will say it again, the side-effects are real-ish but completely tolerable.
Were you on finasteride before and if so were the side effects different between the two drugs?

StevenGerrard

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Were you on finasteride before and if so were the side effects different between the two drugs?

yes, I was on finasteride before, so far everything is exactly the same (as far as side effects); libido is significantly lower (not to be confused with ED) and insomnia + lack of dreams

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
yes, I was on finasteride before, so far everything is exactly the same (as far as side effects); libido is significantly lower (not to be confused with ED) and insomnia + lack of dreams
So the side effects haven’t increased on dutasteride?

At the moment I have little to no side effects with finasteride. I’m just worried I’ll get hit with debilitating libido loss or ED on dutasteride.

StevenGerrard

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So the side effects haven’t increased on dutasteride?

At the moment I have little to no side effects with finasteride. I’m just worried I’ll get hit with debilitating libido loss or ED on dutasteride.

Correct, the side effects have no increased since I made the switch to Duta

TBH, the insomnia is what bothers me the most

justbeconfident

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I just shower beforehand and wash my hair. I do .75m on sides of hairline, 1.0m in middle of hairline. 1.5m on top of head, 2.5 on crown. I adjust my pen a lot while doing it, I don't think the scalp is a 1 size fits all thing when it comes to how thick each part is.

I bought numbing cream when I first started, but it has been useless. I don't drag the pen because that just seems like a terrible idea because of the risk of getting hair caught. I lift up and put it back down, which is why it takes 20 to 30 minutes to get full scalp coverage.

Afterwards I wash my scalp with just water and apply a moisturizing cream that I added sandalore to. I let that sit on for a few hours.

I just clean the needles with soap and water then let it air dry.
fam, btw, how do you mix derma penning with minoxidill? i read mixed reviews and guides, that small needles are good to use before minoxidil applications, so that minoxidil is absorbed better (which doesnt make sense, since if you want minoxidil to get into your blood, then just take it orally), also some say to prevent chemical burn and scalp issues do not use minoxidil until 24 hours after deram rolling session.

whats your take on it, what have you read about it yourself?

Lurker85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
fam, btw, how do you mix derma penning with minoxidill? i read mixed reviews and guides, that small needles are good to use before minoxidil applications, so that minoxidil is absorbed better (which doesnt make sense, since if you want minoxidil to get into your blood, then just take it orally), also some say to prevent chemical burn and scalp issues do not use minoxidil until 24 hours after deram rolling session.

whats your take on it, what have you read about it yourself?

I only use oral minoxidil, not topical.

I'd like to try tropical, but I wear concealer too often. If I was using topicals with a microneedling I'd set my pen to .5 for hairline, .75 for top, and 1 for crown.