This Male Model Who Has Alopecia Areata

samantha3333

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Going through his instagram it looks like he's lost it pretty fast.

Not saying he makes me feel better. I just wish I could acknowledge my hair loss openly like this.

Attachments

• IMG_3807.jpg
    IMG_3807.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 1,696
  • IMG_3808.jpg
    IMG_3808.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 1,893

DHTpolice

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
He looks silly and weird with hair. He seriously needs to think about SMP. I think, with such a hairline he won't be look freaky. But If he loses the rest of his hair, this would be a disaster...

P. S. This may sound weird, but I am happy that I have a typical male pattern baldness, not something else. At least, I have a clear view of who my enemy is, and how to fight it. Alopecia Areata seems to be more complex and this uncertainty about what is going on with your body is really scares. To be honest, I'd just kill myself without a fight if I had this...

samantha3333

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
He looks silly and weird with hair. He seriously needs to think about SMP. I think, with such a hairline he won't be look freaky. But If he loses the rest of his hair, this would be a disaster...

P. S. This may sound weird, but I am happy that I have a typical male pattern baldness, not something else. At least, I have a clear view of who my enemy is, and how to fight it. Alopecia Areata seems to be more complex and this uncertainty about what is going on with your body is really scares. To be honest, I'd just kill myself without a fight if I had this...

I think he has AU the kind that will make him lose all his body hair cos his eyebrows are going too from the looks of his pics. So sad. He's such a handsome lad.

I agree with you I'd take male pattern baldness over that sh*t any day!

UncleMort

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Going through his instagram it looks like he's lost it pretty fast.

Not saying he makes me feel better. I just wish I could acknowledge my hair loss openly like this.
He is not acknowledging anything

he has no other options apparently

and by the way, he will get a lot of work for "coming out"

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
He is not acknowledging anything

he has no other options apparently

and by the way, he will get a lot of work for "coming out"

He's done interviews solely about how hard it's been, of course he's acknowledging it. It's not like he just showed up to work the next day and expected everything to carry on as normal.

As far as the "coming out" gaining more work, I'll agree with this for the time being. Fashionistas are always pretentiously "ground-breaking" and hungry to attach themselves to "challenging" aspects of "beauty" thought unheard of (aka people with 90% fantastic genetics but a horrific flaw). All in the name of 21st century empowerment, whatever the f*** that is.

I just read an article that compared this to other physical "hardships" such as plus size model Ashley Graham, which is hardly comparable as she's still f*****g hot facially and being overweight is her niche and moneymaker. Her "hardship" is what pays the bills.

But a more appropriate comparison is Winnie Harlow, a model with the skin pigment condition vitiligo, and this may also be her niche at making the target audience "challenge" their basic human emotions towards human aesthetics, because she still seems successful as yet. Or at least relevant as some form of spokesperson.

It would be interesting to see how long Justin Hopwood remains relevant in the fashion world after his scalp atrocity extends beyond the cute puppy stage. When photographers and editors have to no longer acknowledge his aesthetic fault, but seriously just work with the guy as an attractive man selling perfume, and his scalp all botched.

I wonder if he'll still have latest shoots to post on his Instagram then.

Someone remind us in a year.

samantha3333

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
He's done interviews solely about how hard it's been, of course he's acknowledging it. It's not like he just showed up to work the next day and expected everything to carry on as normal.

As far as the "coming out" gaining more work, I'll agree with this for the time being. Fashionistas are always pretentiously "ground-breaking" and hungry to attach themselves to "challenging" aspects of "beauty" thought unheard of (aka people with 90% fantastic genetics but a horrific flaw). All in the name of 21st century empowerment, whatever the f*** that is.

I just read an article that compared this to other physical "hardships" such as plus size model Ashley Graham, which is hardly comparable as she's still f*****g hot facially and being overweight is her niche and moneymaker. Her "hardship" is what pays the bills.

But a more appropriate comparison is Winnie Harlow, a model with the skin pigment condition vitiligo, and this may also be her niche at making the target audience "challenge" their basic human emotions towards human aesthetics, because she still seems successful as yet. Or at least relevant as some form of spokesperson.

It would be interesting to see how long Justin Hopwood remains relevant in the fashion world after his scalp atrocity extends beyond the cute puppy stage. When photographers and editors have to no longer acknowledge his aesthetic fault, but seriously just work with the guy as an attractive man selling perfume, and his scalp all botched.

I hope he gets more and more popular for being the male model with alopecia. It will not only increase awareness for male health being, but also advocates importance of not islolating hair loss as a serious health issue. So far I haven't yet seen a bald model who is famous for alopecia.

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
he looks pathetic with this "hey I am so strong"

lol what a retard he can easily shave it all and still be 7.5+

f*****g attention wh***

blackg

Reaction score
he looks pathetic with this "hey I am so strong"

lol what a retard he can easily shave it all and still be 7.5+

f*****g attention wh***
Settle down, soldier! This guy is one of us now.
He is probably in a dark place despite his brave public stance.

You should spare a thought for this guy's struggle and stop being so angry all the time.
It's not his fault he was born somewhat good-looking.
Stop genetic shaming this fellow baldite.

Jonnyyy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Settle down, soldier! This guy is one of us now.
He is probably in a dark place despite his brave public stance.

You should spare a thought for this guy's struggle and stop being so angry all the time.
It's not his fault he was born somewhat good-looking.
Stop genetic shaming this fellow baldite.
Half the guys on this forum claim to be really good looking before balding hits them and then they sh*t on this guy for being model status good looking and balding hitting him.

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score

Cynical yet brilliant post that cuts through much of the bullshit.

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Half the guys on this forum claim to be really good looking before balding hits them and then they sh*t on this guy for being model status good looking and balding hitting him.

I'll empathise with him once he starts posting here, isn't a retard, and has a 7/10+ avatar.

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think its more like 5% who claim to be good looking.

Hmm really? I dunno, maybe not "really good looking" but I thought we had a relatively high amount of guys who were good looking or are losing it and still pretty much are.

Lol I'd think you'd be the perfect guy to make a poll on this but you might (understandably) think I'm laying a trap.

german89

Established Member
Reaction score
douglas pickett, another main RL model suffers from thinning and receeding. he was the face of RL in the 00s

but he is already 34, so his status is def. ok.

prime years:

b5330f0a0a35ae25b276dd3850891b45.jpg

316full-doug-pickett.jpg

actual status:

11-whitney-weeks-and-doug-pickett-wedding.jpg

0?e=1529193600&v=beta&t=wIODUFgVpsnGkdlZp7Qu2l3CxDujoF6JlKHXpZe2jJw.jpg

Last edited: