This Is So Depressing, Still f*****g Shedding.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been putting this post off for a while now but after staring at the numerous wispy strands in the bathroom sink I'm fed up!
Currently on finasteride, oral minoxidil and topical estrogen.. Been on this regimen (all 3 together) for a month now and the shedding is actually getting worse...I quickly combed my hair and gave it a tussle and watched as 15 strands filled the sink. I know that doesn't seem like much but when you're losing roughly 70 showering and drying in the morning alone then it add up fast. I'm a firm believer in the effectiveness of my regimen and my hairloss is not necessarily aggressive, its just not getting better.. Not even a little bit, quite the opposite and that is extremely frustrating! It definitely doesn't help when I see posts of guys using finasteride or minoxidil alone and getting stellar results in 3 months! Been on finasteride for over a year and nothing, oral minoxidil 6 months and while I did have promising initial results that quickly went down the f*****g drain (literally) now I'm on topical estrogen with worse shedding... Seriously when will this end? My libido is almost non existent, body hair is growing like crazy (the nose hair is very annoying), I'm growing f*****g tits and my dick isn't working all that well... And to top it all off my hair is falling off my head faster than I can blink:mad:
I'm not going to give up, that will never happen but Im astounded at even with a regimen like this (I know I can go harder and I might just do that) it's not even slowed down my loss.. Not even a bit. finasteride, oral minoxidil and topical estrogen so far as not even put a dent in my progression. Recession is continuing unaffected. Mind blowing. I could try some hardcore anti androgens but I'd rather not grow tits the size of my head, plus estradiol does lower testosterone somewhat. What am I missing here guys? I'm blocking DHT, increasing nutrition, growth and blood flow with oral minoxidil and estrogen is competing to bind to my androgen receptors. Hell I'm even dermarolling once a week to increase my collagen production! I'm using b6 and zinc vitamins if that makes a difference too.. f*** my life this is not something someone should ever have to go through.. Especially at 20 years old:(

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been putting this post off for a while now but after staring at the numerous wispy strands in the bathroom sink I'm fed up!
Currently on finasteride, oral minoxidil and topical estrogen.. Been on this regimen (all 3 together) for a month now and the shedding is actually getting worse...I quickly combed my hair and gave it a tussle and watched as 15 strands filled the sink. I know that doesn't seem like much but when you're losing roughly 70 showering and drying in the morning alone then it add up fast. I'm a firm believer in the effectiveness of my regimen and my hairloss is not necessarily aggressive, its just not getting better.. Not even a little bit, quite the opposite and that is extremely frustrating! It definitely doesn't help when I see posts of guys using finasteride or minoxidil alone and getting stellar results in 3 months! Been on finasteride for over a year and nothing, oral minoxidil 6 months and while I did have promising initial results that quickly went down the f*****g drain (literally) now I'm on topical estrogen with worse shedding... Seriously when will this end? My libido is almost non existent, body hair is growing like crazy (the nose hair is very annoying), I'm growing f*****g tits and my dick isn't working all that well... And to top it all off my hair is falling off my head faster than I can blink:mad:
I'm not going to give up, that will never happen but Im astounded at even with a regimen like this (I know I can go harder and I might just do that) it's not even slowed down my loss.. Not even a bit. finasteride, oral minoxidil and topical estrogen so far as not even put a dent in my progression. Recession is continuing unaffected. Mind blowing. I could try some hardcore anti androgens but I'd rather not grow tits the size of my head, plus estradiol does lower testosterone somewhat. What am I missing here guys? I'm blocking DHT, increasing nutrition, growth and blood flow with oral minoxidil and estrogen is competing to bind to my androgen receptors. Hell I'm even dermarolling once a week to increase my collagen production! I'm using b6 and zinc vitamins if that makes a difference too.. f*** my life this is not something someone should ever have to go through.. Especially at 20 years old:(
Relax!

Majority of people do go through a shed when they start.

If you show signs of improvement before 6 months then you are very lucky.

I know its a mind f*** but you need to sit back and have faith.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
@AnxiousAndy, I still think you should switch from oral minoxidil to topical. Time to reset back to basics for 6 more months. Topical minoxidil (foam) and finasteride 1mg. Drop the estrogen. Use Nizoral shampoo or something with ketoconazole for 2 to 3 times per week. Most success stories are not with oral minoxidil but topical.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Relax!

Majority of people do go through a shed when they start.

If you show signs of improvement before 6 months then you are very lucky.

I know its a mind f*** but you need to sit back and have faith.
I don't really have a choice, I must continue. Any improvement down the line I'll consider a miracle!
Norwood 1.5 problems
I wish.
@AnxiousAndy, I still think you should switch from oral minoxidil to topical. Time to reset back to basics for 6 more months. Topical minoxidil (foam) and finasteride 1mg. Drop the estrogen. Use Nizoral shampoo or something with ketoconazole for 2 to 3 times per week. Most success stories are not with oral minoxidil but topical.
There's no way I could keep up with the topical applications, I'm already slacking with the estrogel and it's only been a month.. I can use it anywhere so for the last week I've mostly been using on my arms because I'm lazy and depressed, lack motivation, etc. I can't drop the estrogen, even though I am starting to grow breasts I can deal with it if it's helping my hair but so far it is not. The only thing I can do is keep pushing forward but I'm mentally exhausted, fed up with disappointment after disappointment I could use some good news right now.

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score

Last I saw your hair was the thickest I have ever seen (literally) and all you had was minor recession. Are you f*****g nuts? Get on a f*****g regular routine like a normal person, microdose the finasteride and use nizoral 2%. If you can afford all this sh*t spend it on a transplant for the recession and save on all the other harmful bullshit.