this is me...now

krazy-j

Reaction score
i had an appointment yesterday with my gynecologist but i never got to see her she was so far behind. :-x so i had to reschedule. but i did get some good news. i had asked my derm to set me up with an appointment at the cleveland clinic, but it would take up to four months. his other suggestion was to go to ann arbor michigan. so i called him on monday and asked him to set me up with ann arbor. by tuesday they called me back i am scheduled for an appointment on the 16th of this month. so i am very happy that i do not have to wait long and hopefully i will get something done with this hair loss. in january i plan on looking for my first full-time job since i will graduate from college in two weeks. i will not feel very self-confident knowing i do not have hair and may have to wear my wig.

this is just so frustrating. i am a phys. ed teacher and i worry everyday whether a bald spot is showing. i don't want to have to worry about that anymore.

krazy-j

athleticmom

Reaction score
how about this: wear the wig for your job interviews, but once you are a P.E. teacher, can you just wear a baseball cap? Personally, life would not go on as I know it without those things. There is NO WAY I would permit myself to be seen sweating (which is often) with my regular head of hair showing! And if I am cycling, then as soon as I am done and get the helmet off, the cap goes on until I get to the shower!

Good luck with the appt! You are so young to have to be dealing with this. Hopefully in your case it can be more reversable!

tortelilni

Reaction score
krazy -j-
how did you decide to get a wig? did you get one before you totally needed it? how much loss made you decide it was time?

tort.

krazy-j

Reaction score
i finally decided to get a wig when i couldn't even style my hair to cover the bald spots anymore. my hair is getting thin all over. i can't wear ponytails, i can 't wear clips i could only keep my hair down, and now i can't even do that. if i go out anywhere i usually just wear a knit cap.

k-j