This is it: I am infertile!

Boondock

Reaction score
On a more serious note, the conclusion is doubly assumption-based because you don't know what your sperm counts were before finasteride. Some males have low sperm counts for no discernible reason. Others have disorders such as Kleinfelters - which can go undetected for decades - and only discover something's wrong when they can't impregnate a woman.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Then why it became watery, low in amounts and less flying right after finasteride?

Boondock

Reaction score
You're right. The theory's completely watertight, and there's absolutely no point in exploring other avenues that might provide answers.

Shma

Established Member
Reaction score
Boondock said:
You're right. The theory's completely watertight, and there's absolutely no point in exploring other avenues that might provide answers.
Dude! Just except that some experience those side effects.

http://news.hairlosshelp.com/hair-loss- ... ays-study/

viewtopic.php?f=46&t=56087&p=534901&hilit=sperm+quality#p534901
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=56678&st=0&sk=t&sd=a
http://www.scielo.br/scielo.php?script= ... en&nrm=iso

Just to name a few links you could take a look at.

Boondock

Reaction score
I've looked at it, and I think it's true that there may be some decline on sperm quality while on the drug. But every single study looking at this has shown that sperm rates go up to normal after cessation of the drug, and when someone's been off it for several months you have to start looking at alternative explanations.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
I'll post on this board also. I'm mainly on propeciahelp.com now...
My main problem is still there: sperm is watery and in low amounts, doesn't fly as far anymore. I'm sure that the pill damaged my prostate and I doubt there's a cure for it.
What bothers me a lot also and what I can't explain is that my penis feels very light. It flickers very easily and doesn't look the same. Could prostate damage really cause weight loss in penis?
I can have sex, but I some times lose my erection while doing it. Nothing that horrible as the last two problems.
Tell me what you think.

Ende

Reaction score
Your sperm doesn't fly as far anymore... you mean when you ejaculate? As for you other problem, losing erection while having sex, it could be psychological, but check your prolactin level... elevated prolactin level reduces sexual arousal and increases the refractory period after orgasm, and that's just to begin with...

By the way, I believe watery semen is caused by DHT deficiency. A lot of guys are reporting normalization when using DHT derivates. That's before it back fires and causes more problems. Those guys usually overdo it, and don't understand that it's all about balance. Using too much DHT derivates will screw your estrogen level, and probably interfere with testosterone production too.

dougfunny

Established Member
Reaction score
Fanjeera said:
My main problem is still there: sperm is watery and in low amounts, doesn't fly as far anymore. I'm sure that the pill damaged my prostate and I doubt there's a cure for it.
What bothers me a lot also and what I can't explain is that my penis feels very light. It flickers very easily and doesn't look the same. Could prostate damage really cause weight loss in penis?
I can have sex, but I some times lose my erection while doing it. Nothing that horrible as the last two problems.
Tell me what you think.

I think it's time you faced the ugly reality that you're going to have to learn to live with this.

People live with far worse. Get some v**** and get on with your life.

Nene

Reaction score
dougfunny said:
Fanjeera said:
Tell me what you think.

I think it's time you faced the ugly reality that you're going to have to learn to live with this.

Geez Doug, a little more sympathy, I mean the guy can't have kids. However, there is no way in hell 1 or 2mg of finasteride can make someone infertile unless they had some underlying problems to begin with.

Nene

Reaction score
monty1978 said:
this thread remings me that people will just believe what is in their own interest to believe.

My seman changed colour, volume and propulsion speed after 48 hours of finasteride. I wouldn't say its unfathomable to remain that way forever after.

Nothing is impossible, but I find the possibility that 2mg of finasteride caused permanent damage to the sexual health of an otherwise healthy young man close to nil. Not recovering from finasteride isn't unheard of but I'm pretty sure those people took more than one pill.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Enden said:
Your sperm doesn't fly as far anymore... you mean when you ejaculate? As for you other problem, losing erection while having sex, it could be psychological, but check your prolactin level... elevated prolactin level reduces sexual arousal and increases the refractory period after orgasm, and that's just to begin with...

By the way, I believe watery semen is caused by DHT deficiency. A lot of guys are reporting normalization when using DHT derivates. That's before it back fires and causes more problems. Those guys usually overdo it, and don't understand that it's all about balance. Using too much DHT derivates will screw your estrogen level, and probably interfere with testosterone production too.
Why the f*** am I DHT deficient, if I'm not on finasteride anymore? DHT deficiency also means dry skin, premature wrinkling, week erections and so much more. That sucks. The hormone is responsible for a lot stuff in our bodies.

Ende

Reaction score
I don't know... Maybe your body uses all the DHT it currently produces trying to recover, but doesn't produce enough. Btw, you should try doing some kegel excersies regularly for a couple of weeks. Use zink in addition to take care of that elevated estrogen level, if you don't get help from your doctor.

HT55

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Fanjeera said:
Enden said:

Why the f*ck am I DHT deficient, if I'm not on finasteride anymore? DHT deficiency also means dry skin, premature wrinkling, week erections and so much more. That sucks. The hormone is responsible for a lot stuff in our bodies.

Did you have blood test for DHT as well as for other hormoes and HPTA function ?

dougfunny

Established Member
Reaction score
Nene said:
dougfunny said:
Fanjeera said:
Tell me what you think.

Geez Doug, a little more sympathy, I mean the guy can't have kids. However, there is no way in hell 1 or 2mg of finasteride can make someone infertile unless they had some underlying problems to begin with.

my bad I forgot infertility was among his problems :lost:

barcafan

Reaction score
HT55 said:
Fanjeera said:
Enden said:

Why the f*ck am I DHT deficient, if I'm not on finasteride anymore? DHT deficiency also means dry skin, premature wrinkling, week erections and so much more. That sucks. The hormone is responsible for a lot stuff in our bodies.

Did you have blood test for DHT as well as for other hormoes and HPTA function ?

DHT blood test tells you nothing about DHT metabolism and intracellular 5AR function.

You will need urine metabolite test for this, 5tf/5atf or something like that.

I am off finasteride for over 2.5 years, errections are fine, libido is recovered 90%, watery semen still around 70% recovered (i dont expect it to ever get better), morning errections at 50%, i think i got off easy.

Hoppi

Reaction score
There are quite a few ways to enhance male fertility, I dunno if I linked you to that thread on IH. People frown at this stuff but to be fair the right combination of supplements should just help the body rebuild as much as it can.

After all, things like Spirulina and hyaluronic acid can repair the eyes, so why can't we repair the reproductive organs too? :)

armandein

Established Member
Reaction score
Hoppi said:
things like Spirulina and hyaluronic acid can repair the eyes, so why can't we repair the reproductive organs too? :)

Spirulina can repair the eyes ????
Can you explain your assert?

Armando

Hoppi

Reaction score
Yeah erm, it's supposed to be incredibly good for eye health. I mean I'm not sure the extent to which it will help with genetic short-sightedness, for example, but eye conditions like that which are more to do with computer use, etc, Spirulina is one of those supplements that will provide your body with good doses of all the necessary nutrients to repair the eyes.

This is due to it's high content of things like beta-carotene :) Oo.. Gac fruit seems like it would also be good due to it containing xeoxanthins.

I would say that good amounts of spirulina, gac fruit and hyaluronic acid (I believe this stuff makes up a large proportion of the eye itself) should greatly aid in improving eye health :)

The same is true for different supplements for many, many parts of the body that need repair. If you give your body the right raw ingredients, it will repair the organ(s) where they are most applicable :)

One guy on a different forum said his short-sightedness got completely better on Spirulina (but then it wasn't THAT bad to begin with!)