Thinning or just a mature hair line? let me know :)

Theman357

Reaction score
My dad had a slight receded hair line on one side(right side) it seems like that is happening to me as well.

Could it be just a mature hair line tho and not receding?

I’m 29 years old.

I have used rogaine on and off since I was 25 because of my right side but I did it out of insecurity not because I necessarily needed it.

Now it looks like it’s starting to go even more. I will now commit to using it daily.

Let me know your thoughts or how I should go about it.

Should I start saving for a hair transplant now ?

I have attached both sides of my hair line!

Thanks ❤️

Last edited:

tggill32

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hairline looked solid in the first picture but no so much in 2 and 3. I really couldn't tell you

tggill32

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
no ones really bald. like I said my dad had one side of a recession other than that we have thick heads of hair.
In that case I think your fine. Having had another look at picture 2 it just looks like the direction the hair is being pulled exposes more scalp than there is in reality

tggill32

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
no ones really bald. like I said my dad had one side of a recession other than that we have thick heads of hair.
Genetics is the best thing to go off. All hairloss is due to genetics nothing else, you may see the odd occasion where someone is bald in a non-balding family but this is because they inherited that balding pattern from somewhere further up the balding tree. Your hairline looks to be maturing.

Theman357

Reaction score
Genetics is the best thing to go off. All hairloss is due to genetics nothing else, you may see the odd occasion where someone is bald in a non-balding family but this is because they inherited that balding pattern from somewhere further up the balding tree. Your hairline looks to be maturing.
Amazing thank you for responding back to me. you made my day seriously.

Raphael13

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe some slight recession going on. But a receding hairline isn't as bad as people make it out. The real villain is the overall thinning/baldness of the crown. If your hairline recedes 1-3 cm that DOESNT mean you'll bald, but it also COULD. Hair is strange.

Raphael13

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My natural hairline was also like that. My right temple was always "deeper" than my left. The hair at my left corner also grows differently than my right.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
If your density is normal everywhere else than that's just a mature hairline forming. If you are thinning elsewhere, you have classic male pattern balding.

Last edited: