Thinking Of Quitting finasteride After Years Of Use, But I Want Objective Test Results Re. My Concerns.

Nostro100

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You're such a douchebag lol. You need to have a certain level of intelligence to participate coherently in a disagreement. You're not there yet, but I'll let you know when you are!

says the guy that links a link about the association between permanent side effects of finasteride AND suicide. Not actual chances of having permanent side effects from finasteride (ie (Ali, Heran & Etminan, 2015 ", the aim of this study was to detect signals of SD (sexual disfuction) and SI secondary to low‐dose finasteride use in young men."

Nothing there talking about the odds of having such side effects. Actually, that's a study of the reported 4910 reports from 1998 to 2013 And of those, ONLY 577 had persistent side effects. (577 in 15 years)

Proof that this retard didn't even read what he links... he just copy pastes from this article https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5346286/and is done with it.

With each comment you show how retarded you are than you can't even read the "proof" that you provide.

Attachments

• FAIL.jpg
    FAIL.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 243
Last edited:

Ricardo18

My Regimen
Reaction score
says the guy that links a link about the association between permanent side effects of finasteride AND suicide. Not actual chances of having permanent side effects from finasteride (ie (Ali, Heran & Etminan, 2015 ", the aim of this study was to detect signals of SD (sexual disfuction) and SI secondary to low‐dose finasteride use in young men."

Nothing there talking about the odds of having such side effects. Actually, that's a study of the reported 4910 reports from 1998 to 2013 And of those, ONLY 577 had persistent side effects. (577 in 15 years)

Proof that this retard didn't even read what he links... he just copy pastes from this article https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5346286/and is done with it.
Hmmm, you appear more concerned about hair loss than suicide. Furthermore, 577 cases of persistent side effects is more than 10% of the total sample, not that you would have been able to calculate that. It's the same as 1 in 10 lol. I give up. What other problems do you have apart from baldness and being a total moron? Let's discuss that instead.

Nostro100

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hmmm, you appear more concerned about hair loss than suicide. Furthermore, 577 cases of persistent side effects is more than 10% of the total sample, not that you would have been able to calculate that. It's the same as 1 in 10 lol. I give up. What other problems do you have apart from baldness and being a total moron? Let's discuss that instead.

What a COMPLETE RETARD! 1 in 10 people who experience sexual side effects may experience permanent side effects. You took the 10% from the 1% that experience side effects. That's 0.1% of overall population experiencing PSE
maths inst really your stronghold ... you do well in giving up yea...

Ricardo18

My Regimen
Reaction score
You total idiot lol Try reading what I actually wrote before showing yourself up as a total dummy! You probably never passed an exam in your life lol. It pays to read the question first ha ha. Anyway, come on, you ignored my question! Let's talk about your other problems other than baldness and being a moron?! You MUST have so many issues lol. Since March you've posted nearly 300 messages, luckily nearly everyone else on here seems to think you're a total dummy as well. Good to know, I mean, you're so dumb, your advice would be borderline dangerous.

Nostro100

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You total idiot lol Try reading what I actually wrote before showing yourself up as a total dummy! You probably never passed an exam in your life lol. It pays to read the question first ha ha. Anyway, come on, you ignored my question! Let's talk about your other problems other than baldness and being a moron?! You MUST have so many issues lol. Since March you've posted nearly 300 messages, luckily nearly everyone else on here seems to think you're a total dummy as well. Good to know, I mean, you're so dumb, your advice would be borderline dangerous.

I just proved that it's you the one that even read what you, yourself posted. ie; posting links about the connection of sexual side effects and suicide has nothing to do with what is being questioned here by Wilfido melendez.
"Let's talk about your other problems other than baldness and being a moron?!" Because the data doesnt please you, let's change the subject?
The issue is PROBABILITIES of having side effects and permanent side effects. Not the probability of commiting suicide for having permanent side effects.. YOU brought that up for no reason. (actually, your reason is to create fear, that's it)
This is a baldness talk forum. We talk about side effects of drugs that were intended to treat our hairloss. We talk about probabilities.

"Since March you've posted nearly 300 messages, luckily nearly everyone else on here seems to think you're a total dummy as well."

Being here longer than you just gives me more prespective. Only a complete idiot would make such a retard assumption "because you are here since Marche and posted 300 messages, everyone else thinks you are a total dummy"... that's the idea of a complete retard...

One could easily say that the Guinness world record as been achieved by you because with only 11 messages you proved to be one big retard that no one here takes seriously.

"Good to know, I mean, you're so dumb, your advice would be borderline dangerous." ... Me, thousands of doctors and hundreds of thousands of users of hairloss forums. We are all wrong? Mr ricardo with zero statistical data to support him, only his failed experience with finasteride and the unfortunate people who had long term side effects are right. He can't even say what percentage of people who take finasteride will have side effects.

Wilfido melendez

My Regimen
Reaction score
I just proved that it's you the one that even read what you, yourself posted. ie; posting links about the connection of sexual side effects and suicide has nothing to do with what is being questioned here by Wilfido melendez.
"Let's talk about your other problems other than baldness and being a moron?!" Because the data doesnt please you, let's change the subject?
The issue is PROBABILITIES of having side effects and permanent side effects. Not the probability of commiting suicide for having permanent side effects.. YOU brought that up for no reason. (actually, your reason is to create fear, that's it)
This is a baldness talk forum. We talk about side effects of drugs that were intended to treat our hairloss. We talk about probabilities.

"Since March you've posted nearly 300 messages, luckily nearly everyone else on here seems to think you're a total dummy as well."

Being here longer than you just gives me more prespective. Only a complete idiot would make such a retard assumption "because you are here since Marche and posted 300 messages, everyone else thinks you are a total dummy"... that's the idea of a complete retard...

One could easily say that the Guinness world record as been achieved by you because with only 11 messages you proved to be one big retard that no one here takes seriously.

"Good to know, I mean, you're so dumb, your advice would be borderline dangerous." ... Me, thousands of doctors and hundreds of thousands of users of hairloss forums. We are all wrong? Mr ricardo with zero statistical data to support him, only his failed experience with finasteride and the unfortunate people who had long term side effects are right. He can't even say what percentage of people who take finasteride will have side effects.

Nostro100
Are you taking finasteride? If so how long have you been taking it for?
And Ricardo did you ever took finasteride? If so how long?

Ricardo18

My Regimen
Reaction score
Nostro100
Are you taking finasteride? If so how long have you been taking it for?
And Ricardo did you ever took finasteride? If so how long?

I took finasteride for 12 years and lost sexual function - no morning wood for 10 years. It took more than a year after quitting that sh*t for morning wood to return - back to normal. There is evidence that some unlucky users lose some or all sexual function and after several years of quitting, it still hasn't returned. You see I base my arguments on experience and whilst there is data to suggest this happens in a minority of cases, it's still a massive risk to anyone that prefers not to suffer from a limp dick...excuse my phraseology.

Ricardo18

My Regimen
Reaction score

Well known quote that applies to you very well: "All morons hate it when you call them a moron'. I'll let you figure out the rest lol.

Nostro100

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well known quote that applies to you very well: "All morons hate it when you call them a moron'. I'll let you figure out the rest lol.
You can call me a moron. Well done, cheap insult, i think a 10 year old could have done one better. Assuming I hate you for calling me a moron is just another sad story you will have to tell to your children. now go read your first article about finasteride's side effects percentage. Oh wait, you wont, I forgot you were a dumb f*** who can't interpret percentages.

Mr ricardo just doesnt have anything more to say... he failed epic at posting his link (that he didnt even read and therefore didnt know it wasn't the subject at discussion)... So, let's call him moron, that will teach him that I know my science. <- Ricardo18 2018

abcdefg

Reaction score
I took finasteride for 12 years and lost sexual function - no morning wood for 10 years. It took more than a year after quitting that sh*t for morning wood to return - back to normal. There is evidence that some unlucky users lose some or all sexual function and after several years of quitting, it still hasn't returned. You see I base my arguments on experience and whilst there is data to suggest this happens in a minority of cases, it's still a massive risk to anyone that prefers not to suffer from a limp dick...excuse my phraseology.

How do you know after 12 years, and then years after that so like 15 years later that the sexual issues are not simply normal aging? If your gut instinct and experience leads you to think it was the drug though I wont argue that. It very well could have been, but a lot of things change over 10 years naturally its just how life works. Your body doesnt just stay the same forever sometimes weird things just come out of nowhere.
Where would we be without decades, and countless threads debating the safety of propecia? Id honestly bet half the entire hair loss forum is people arguing about the safety of propecia.

Ricardo18

My Regimen
Reaction score
How do you know after 12 years, and then years after that so like 15 years later that the sexual issues are not simply normal aging? If your gut instinct and experience leads you to think it was the drug though I wont argue that. It very well could have been, but a lot of things change over 10 years naturally its just how life works. Your body doesnt just stay the same forever sometimes weird things just come out of nowhere.
Where would we be without decades, and countless threads debating the safety of propecia? Id honestly bet half the entire hair loss forum is people arguing about the safety of propecia.
I'm sure some of the sexual issues other quote are as a result of normal aging, but in my experience, they were caused by the drug. For 10 years or more there was no morning wood and struggling to maintain an erection. Since coming off the drug, both issues are resolved for me personally,- but more than a year later. Some of those who said sexual function didn't return many years after coming off the drug might well be experiencing the effects of aging, but some are not. I would urge anyone to think very carefully before taking finasteride.

Ricardo18

My Regimen
Reaction score
You can call me a moron. Well done, cheap insult, i think a 10 year old could have done one better. Assuming I hate you for calling me a moron is just another sad story you will have to tell to your children. now go read your first article about finasteride's side effects percentage. Oh wait, you wont, I forgot you were a dumb f*** who can't interpret percentages.

Mr ricardo just doesnt have anything more to say... he failed epic at posting his link (that he didnt even read and therefore didnt know it wasn't the subject at discussion)... So, let's call him moron, that will teach him that I know my science. <- Ricardo18 2018
LMAO! Ok, you're not a moron, you're (to use your well-worn phrase) - a retard. Presumably that's not a cheap insult?! It can't be one rule for you and one for everyone else. Some baldies go crazy after losing their hair - it really fucks them up. It seems pretty obvious to me that you're one of them. You're also the biggest hypocrite on this forum.

Nostro100

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
LMAO! Ok, you're not a moron, you're (to use your well-worn phrase) - a retard. Presumably that's not a cheap insult?! It can't be one rule for you and one for everyone else. Some baldies go crazy after losing their hair - it really fucks them up. It seems pretty obvious to me that you're one of them. You're also the biggest hypocrite on this forum.
No, i'm not "bald". Sorry to disappoint you.

Only a complete retard comes to an hairloss forum and uses the word "baldies" as an insult. Why are you here? Because your hair is perfect and you want to show it off? No, it's because you want to preserve it. I will be redundant and repoint that you are a complete retard for the fact that you think only bald people come to this hair loss forum, and not people who have hair and want to preserve it and will use finasteride with no side effects, (or if they have them, discontinuing is enough to stop them).

Please make this your signature so people know the worthless scum you are, it really sums up what a retard you are and the contribution you want to give to this forum (which is null).
"Some baldies go crazy after losing their hair - it really fucks them up." - Ricardo18 - 2018 <--- Possible Ricardo's future signature!

You are angry and this forum forgives you for that because "retardedness", like your hairloss, isnt something you choose.. I guess Maybe that's one RARE side effect that finasteride has on people...turns them into total retards. Hope that is wont go permanent like low libido did to you.

Nostro100

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This study shows that people who know about finasteride side effects have a bigger chance of reporting them when compared to people who don't know about the possible side effects. (from this article---> https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2710385/)

Although the most common side effect for finasteride is sexual dysfunction, the clinical relevance of this finding has recently been called into question. A recent randomized, placebo-controlled study conducted by Mondaini and colleagues suggests a “nocebo” effect (an adverse side effect that is not a direct result of the pharmacologic action of the drug).26

One hundred and twenty patients were randomized to receive finasteride 5 mg (concealed identity) either with or without counseling on the drug’s sexual side effects. Estimation of side effects was determined at 6 and 12 months using the male sexual function-4 (MSF-4) item questionnaire as well as a self-administered questionnaire. Interestingly, those patients with prior counseling reported a significantly higher proportion of sexual side effects with the incidence of ED, decreased libido, and ejaculation disorders of 30.9%, 23.6% and 16.3%, respectively compared to 9.6%, 7.7% and 5.7% in the noncounseled group.

Wilfido melendez

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why are you guys still arguing lol just stop I’m not bald but thinning and hair staring to fall off. Just want to prevent and maybe get some of my hair which I lost.

Ricardo18

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why are you guys still arguing lol just stop I’m not bald but thinning and hair staring to fall off. Just want to prevent and maybe get some of my hair which I lost.
I'm really sorry, but he's so stupid, he's bring out the worst in me lol. Best to ignore I think. I'm fortunate in that I only lost a small amount of hair, but enough to do something about it - something as stupid as taking finasteride. In my experience, it does stop you losing any more hair. It doesn't catalyse re-growth except in a minority. That's the upside. The downsides. or at least potential downsides are now well known. Hope that helps clarify.

Ricardo18

My Regimen
Reaction score

Only a complete retard comes to an hairloss forum and uses the word "baldies" as an insult. Why are you here? Because your hair is perfect and you want to show it off? No, it's because you want to preserve it. I will be redundant and repoint that you are a complete retard for the fact that you think only bald people come to this hair loss forum, and not people who have hair and want to preserve it and will use finasteride with no side effects, (or if they have them, discontinuing is enough to stop them).

Please make this your signature so people know the worthless scum you are, it really sums up what a retard you are and the contribution you want to give to this forum (which is null).
"Some baldies go crazy after losing their hair - it really fucks them up." - Ricardo18 - 2018 <--- Possible Ricardo's future signature!

You are angry and this forum forgives you for that because "retardedness", like your hairloss, isnt something you choose.. I guess Maybe that's one RARE side effect that finasteride has on people...turns them into total retards. Hope that is wont go permanent like low libido did to you.
Your problem is that you don't read my replies properly - and even worse, you read 'between the lines' and make assumptions. You should really try to stop doing that because it just causes ambiguity and confusion. I'm sorry for calling you a baldy though, it wasn't a cool thing to do and I'm generally a cool guy lol.

Ricardo18

My Regimen
Reaction score

Just trying to help you here - you making assumptions. You said I'm here to preserve my hair, which clearly I'm not because I gave up that sh*t after 12 years. I came on this forum to warn current users of my experience of the side effects. You made another assumption in that I think only bald people come to this forum and again, if you'd stopped to think for a second, you would have realised that was clearly incorrect in that I am here and some of my replies have been to questions from others wanting to do something proactively to keep their hair. I'm not having a go at you, just trying to help. Maybe peace is a better idea - less stress- which also causes hair loss :)