Thinking Of Quitting finasteride After Years Of Use, But I Want Objective Test Results Re. My Concerns.

Nostro100

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nostro100 so are you telling me yes to try it or not to?? Lol
If you understand the risks, the chance of them happening and the fact that they aren't permanent, yea.
Also, remind you that actually, finasteride regrowth success rate is very low. I mean, don't expect a full recovery or something.
takes months to see any improvements and that may be disappointing enough to drop it but at the same time, who knows if u are a great responder. That's that thing, you will only know if you try it and it's easier to maintain than to regrow

Wilfido melendez

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok bro hey thanks for your help. And yes I do understand the risks I’ll start with one month and if everything goes well then I’ll stick with it till I don’t need it no more and decide to go bald lol thanks again

Nostro100

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok bro hey thanks for your help. And yes I do understand the risks I’ll start with one month and if everything goes well then I’ll stick with it till I don’t need it no more and decide to go bald lol thanks again
Personaly, I dont ever think I will ever reach a point were Im just going to accept baldness. Maybe because it started so soon (16). Life didnt even gave me time to live a normal life :p happens with more teens than it should.

Ricardo18

My Regimen
Reaction score
SO you take the drug and complain that it gave you permanent side effects and I'm stupid to take the drug? Why is that you are the only one here that can take the drug and not be stupid? See how even in your little world you contradict yourself?
I advise you to google what means "to be in denial". The real person in denial here is the one that CAN'T accept that he was unfortunate to have side effects on finasteride, and if that happened to him then the drug is pure evil that will give side permanent side effects to everyone.

Really think Too much of yourself if you think that the results that you happen to have MUST be the bigger percentage. I see too that you got upset with the toilet paper comment. It was just an "elegant" way to say that you take your information out of your *** and not even from a controversial article from the web (was at least expecting that!).

To be in denial = to refuse facts (scientific facts from studies in this case). Funny how the one here refusing facts is Mr Ricardo18. Ironic how it turns out that it's you the one in denial :D. Basically you can't accept that you are one of the few that has side effects from Finasteride. In your little brain, that's not possible, it should happen to other people but not you, therefore, your conclusion is that the side effects you experience must be seen in the majority of finasteride users. That's denial in steroids!

"Your response to my statement demonstrates you're not thinking at a very high level."

At this point, anyone that takes finasteride, you will say said person doesnt think in a "very high level". Maybe if I smoke some pot I will think at your "high level" but then I would probably come up with anti hairloss theories that make no sense.
And at last, the proof that you have zero arguments agaisnt me or anyone here for that matter: you attack grammar that didn't need fixing for any practical purpose ( congrats at your 18 birthday!)
I'm trying to help you by giving you the benefit of my experience. None of your arguments are at all coherent, which is probably why you have to resort to being rude. You're actually unique in that I've never met anyone who managed to confuse rudeness with elegance lol. You come across as so stupid it's actually funny.You need to start thinking in a logical and pragmatic way. If your hair is more important than your sex life, then so be it. I didn't say the drug was evil as you so put it, but clearly the risks were not public at the time of FDA approval. As for brain size, I'm not sure if there's any correlation between cerebral mass and intelligence. In your case though, I might be tempted to make a guess!

Nostro100

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm trying to help you by giving you the benefit of my experience. None of your arguments are at all coherent, which is probably why you have to resort to being rude. You're actually unique in that I've never met anyone who managed to confuse rudeness with elegance lol. You come across as so stupid it's actually funny.You need to start thinking in a logical and pragmatic way. If your hair is more important than your sex life, then so be it. I didn't say the drug was evil as you so put it, but clearly the risks were not public at the time of FDA approval. As for brain size, I'm not sure if there's any correlation between cerebral mass and intelligence. In your case though, I might be tempted to make a guess!

This chat is pointless. Your good intentions are based on your finasteride experience. Instead of being like most people and say "Finasteride didn't work for me, I guess I'm one of the unlucky ones", you base your anecdotal evidence as conclusive data that finasteride will not work for anyone. Not sure why I'm saying this for the 3rd time if you didnt understand it at the first 2.

Saying none of my arguments are coherent and then not explaining why, shows how retarded you are. Ironic how all you say here is that my arguments suck and are baseless but then we read your comments and all hell starts laughting at the pure stupidity. Being rude is a personality characteristic. Saying that my arguments are not coherent because i'm rude is just retarded. (ie, being rude doesn't change the coherence of an argument.The problem here is your little brain trying to understand what doctors do on a daily basis ).
I guess you would hate to have a chat with Gordon Ramsay. He surely can make some elegant comebacks and what not...and people don't mind it because he is RIGHT about the stuff he says. (it's also funny)

You call me stupid and say it's actually funny but FAIL to say why. THen the Ironic and HILARIOUS part, the cherry on the cake came next; "You need to start thinking in a logical and pragmatic way" - Mr Ricardo18

Sad that you don't follow your own advise! And you failed again to give me an example of why i'm not "thinking in a logical and pragmatic way"...
I'm so sorry to tell you that Evaluation a drug ONLY on your personal experience, when there are tons of evidence from other people taking the same drug...Thats the complete oposite of "thinking logical". Mr ricardo18 thinks he owns logic!
Then he drops the "pragmatic" bomb. Oh boy, read the wikipedia page for pragmatism before you even talk about a concept that is too complex for your mind to understand.

I didnt say that you "said" the drug was evil. I said this: "The real person in denial here is the one that CAN'T accept that he was unfortunate to have side effects on finasteride, and if that happened to him then the drug is pure evil that will give side permanent side effects to everyone."

"if your hair is more important than your sex life,then so be it" - Ricardo18

Major flaws; this statement assumes that the side effects of finasteride are guaranteed and do not go away once the subject stops taking the drug. It's sad that I have to explain common sense to you. EVERYONE (except transgender people) taking finasteride are trying it to see if it has a positive effect on their hair and then if it gives them side effects. Then the side effects aren't Binary. Some people may have them and not even notice! Others may not have them but the Placebo effect kicks in!

FDA isn't a football referee that can't go back on it's decision one it's take! If a drug is shown to be bad for the public in the long run, they will take it off the market.

All this because one retard can't accept that finasteride doesn't work equal to everyone. Such a simple thing to understand that only a small brain could not understand it

Nostro100

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This must be the most uninformed ignorant post I have seen about finasteride in a long time.
I guess you dont read what you write then

Wilfido melendez

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys let’s not argue about this let’s just share our opinions and if we don’t agree let’s just leave it at that. But thank you both for your opinions.

Nostro100

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys let’s not argue about this let’s just share our opinions and if we don’t agree let’s just leave it at that. But thank you both for your opinions.
Or at least say why he doesnt agree with it. Instead, he just cheap calls the word "ignorant" ...ironic innit?

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok, so you're definitely in denial, which is a risky strategy. It simply means that you are prepared to risk your sexual function to hang on to a few strands on top of your head. Fundamentally, that's it. You base your argument qualitatively, i.e. without empirical data. The empirical data indicates a statistically significant cause/effect of long term finasteride use on sexual function. My sexual function diminished but has now returned after more than a year off the stuff. Not everyone will respond in the same way but EVERYONE taking it is playing russian roulette with their sexual function.
RICARDO you know what you are talking about plain and simple. It's awful that many just don't want to believe it.

Nostro100

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
RICARDO you know what you are talking about plain and simple. It's awful that many just don't want to believe it.
Religious people say just that too when questioned about proof

Ricardo18

My Regimen
Reaction score

You know, the length of Nostro100's reply to my latest comment says more about him and his self-imposed blindness to the effects of finasteride, than the actual content of his post. I only speak from experience, which unfortunately is reinforced by the experience of other long-term users. Irrespective of whether he chooses to believe it or not, there is empirical evidence that demonstrates he is risking loss of sexual function. The fundamental issue is that he doesn't want to believe the truth - as you quite correctly pointed out. It's sort of understandable, poor guy has been dealt a rubbish hand - major hair-loss at a young age and the only chance to save himself - and a few strands might result in impotence.

Ricardo18

My Regimen
Reaction score
This chat is pointless. Your good intentions are based on your finasteride experience. Instead of being like most people and say "Finasteride didn't work for me, I guess I'm one of the unlucky ones", you base your anecdotal evidence as conclusive data that finasteride will not work for anyone. Not sure why I'm saying this for the 3rd time if you didnt understand it at the first 2.

Saying none of my arguments are coherent and then not explaining why, shows how retarded you are. Ironic how all you say here is that my arguments suck and are baseless but then we read your comments and all hell starts laughting at the pure stupidity. Being rude is a personality characteristic. Saying that my arguments are not coherent because i'm rude is just retarded. (ie, being rude doesn't change the coherence of an argument.The problem here is your little brain trying to understand what doctors do on a daily basis ).
I guess you would hate to have a chat with Gordon Ramsay. He surely can make some elegant comebacks and what not...and people don't mind it because he is RIGHT about the stuff he says. (it's also funny)

You call me stupid and say it's actually funny but FAIL to say why. THen the Ironic and HILARIOUS part, the cherry on the cake came next; "You need to start thinking in a logical and pragmatic way" - Mr Ricardo18

Sad that you don't follow your own advise! And you failed again to give me an example of why i'm not "thinking in a logical and pragmatic way"...
I'm so sorry to tell you that Evaluation a drug ONLY on your personal experience, when there are tons of evidence from other people taking the same drug...Thats the complete oposite of "thinking logical". Mr ricardo18 thinks he owns logic!
Then he drops the "pragmatic" bomb. Oh boy, read the wikipedia page for pragmatism before you even talk about a concept that is too complex for your mind to understand.

I didnt say that you "said" the drug was evil. I said this: "The real person in denial here is the one that CAN'T accept that he was unfortunate to have side effects on finasteride, and if that happened to him then the drug is pure evil that will give side permanent side effects to everyone."

"if your hair is more important than your sex life,then so be it" - Ricardo18

Major flaws; this statement assumes that the side effects of finasteride are guaranteed and do not go away once the subject stops taking the drug. It's sad that I have to explain common sense to you. EVERYONE (except transgender people) taking finasteride are trying it to see if it has a positive effect on their hair and then if it gives them side effects. Then the side effects aren't Binary. Some people may have them and not even notice! Others may not have them but the Placebo effect kicks in!

FDA isn't a football referee that can't go back on it's decision one it's take! If a drug is shown to be bad for the public in the long run, they will take it off the market.

All this because one retard can't accept that finasteride doesn't work equal to everyone. Such a simple thing to understand that only a small brain could not understand it
I feel sorry for you. You've been dealt a crap hand - hair-loss at a young age and in desperation, you're actually prepared to ignore the risks to hang on to your thatch. I'm not sure what 'established member' means in the context of this site, but a) it's not cool to be using Gordon Ramsey as an example of someone with a coherent argument lol and b) I do hope no one on this site actually uses you for advice. You're not an intelligent guy, you are rude and most importantly, you only believe what suits you. Sorry to say, but you're about as unscientific as it gets.

Nostro100

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You know, the length of Nostro100's reply to my latest comment says more about him and his self-imposed blindness to the effects of finasteride, than the actual content of his post. I only speak from experience, which unfortunately is reinforced by the experience of other long-term users. Irrespective of whether he chooses to believe it or not, there is empirical evidence that demonstrates he is risking loss of sexual function. The fundamental issue is that he doesn't want to believe the truth - as you quite correctly pointed out. It's sort of understandable, poor guy has been dealt a rubbish hand - major hair-loss at a young age and the only chance to save himself - and a few strands might result in impotence.

Like a broken record that doesnt even play good music. You keep repeating two words "empirical evidence" and yet show nothing about empirical evidence... Like a ballon, hallow in the inside. Astonishing how he claims the "empirical evidence" is on his side.. what a complete waste of comment space on this forum!

only a complete retard attacks a post for it's length and not for it's content. You say, "I only speak from experience" ... period, the rest is just Bullshit conclusions from your personal experience.

"The fundamental issue is that he doesn't want to believe the truth" .. Said like a priest of any other religion that has no "empricical facts" to support his claim and therefore resorts to phrases like this. I think radical muslims say something like that too! Mr ricardo thinks he owns the truth now... who cares about all the scientists that studied finasteride? What matters is what happens to mr ricardo. If he doesnt have side effects and the rest of the population have them, then it's a safe drug.

"It's sort of understandable, poor guy has been dealt a rubbish hand - major hair-loss at a young age and the only chance to save himself - and a few strands might result in impotence."

Just like what this forum needs... another complete retard attacking people for their hairloss. I'm afraid to disappoint you to tell you that you are wrong in all those points but the attack remains written. No need now to excuse yourself. You are the sort of people that would party hard in order for every single person who takes finasteride to have low libido just so you can say "i was right". Big ego retards with no scientific knowladge, only personal vengeance is the last thing this forum needs.

Just read a book for once ... https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3481923/

Wilfido melendez

My Regimen
Reaction score
Like a broken record that doesnt even play good music. You keep repeating two words "empirical evidence" and yet show nothing about empirical evidence... Like a ballon, hallow in the inside. Astonishing how he claims the "empirical evidence" is on his side.. what a complete waste of comment space on this forum!

only a complete retard attacks a post for it's length and not for it's content. You say, "I only speak from experience" ... period, the rest is just Bullshit conclusions from your personal experience.

"The fundamental issue is that he doesn't want to believe the truth" .. Said like a priest of any other religion that has no "empricical facts" to support his claim and therefore resorts to phrases like this. I think radical muslims say something like that too! Mr ricardo thinks he owns the truth now... who cares about all the scientists that studied finasteride? What matters is what happens to mr ricardo. If he doesnt have side effects and the rest of the population have them, then it's a safe drug.

"It's sort of understandable, poor guy has been dealt a rubbish hand - major hair-loss at a young age and the only chance to save himself - and a few strands might result in impotence."

Just like what this forum needs... another complete retard attacking people for their hairloss. I'm afraid to disappoint you to tell you that you are wrong in all those points but the attack remains written. No need now to excuse yourself. You are the sort of people that would party hard in order for every single person who takes finasteride to have low libido just so you can say "i was right". Big ego retards with no scientific knowladge, only personal vengeance is the last thing this forum needs.

Just read a book for once ... https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3481923/

I read the article
With the link description you left on top it seems like is safe but again it’s a small risk your taking and if you feel the side affects stop right away or consult your dermatologist.

But now I’m kinda feel worry since I have you two here one is saying is ok if I understand the risks and the other one is saying no lol

Nostro100

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I read the article
With the link description you left on top it seems like is safe but again it’s a small risk your taking and if you feel the side affects stop right away or consult your dermatologist.

But now I’m kinda feel worry since I have you two here one is saying is ok if I understand the risks and the other one is saying no lol

I'm not saying that "it's ok if you understand the risks". I say actually the opposite... people who understand the risks will see it's ok.
Ricardo here clearly doesn't understand the risks. In his mind, everyone will have side effects (thats not understanding the risks)

Wilfido melendez

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes your right I’ll be going to my dermatologist today and I think I’ll give it a try see how it works in me.
Thanks for the help

Ricardo18

My Regimen
Reaction score
I read the article

You're right to worry...read the text below....there's lots more on the internet if you're prepared to do some digging. Nostro100 is not the guy to go to if you have any concerns...he's blind to the risk.

There are a disproportionate number of spontaneous reports of finasteride-associated persistent sexual dysfunction in the FDA’s adverse event reporting system (Ali, Heran & Etminan, 2015; Guo et al., 2016). There are also reports from uncontrolled case series of PED, low libido, loss of penile sensitivity, and lowered testosterone levels in young men that did not resolve after stopping finasteride (Chiriaco et al., 2016; Irwig, 2012a, 2012b, 2014; Irwig & Kolukula, 2011). Some reports describe men with symptoms beginning within days of initiating finasteride and persisting for years after stopping finasteride (Traish et al., 2011). PED has also been reported to occur with dutasteride exposure (Tsunemi et al., 2016). A recent functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI) study found that men with sexual adverse effects that persisted despite stopping finasteride did not have systemic androgen deficiency but did have fMRI responses to erotic stimuli that were consistent with diminished sexual arousal and depression (Basaria et al., 2016).

Ricardo18

My Regimen
Reaction score

You're such a douchebag lol. You need to have a certain level of intelligence to participate coherently in a disagreement. You're not there yet, but I'll let you know when you are!