Thinking Of Drinking Minoxidil, Is There Anyone Who Does That?

Thephoenix

My Regimen
Reaction score
Drinking Minoxidil is one of the dumbest things I’ve ever heard....this must be a woman doing this.

-Synergy-

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would definitely not drink rogaine, but Kirkland I might consider. I looked into this and I don’t know about liquid rogaine but rogaine foam has butane, butylated hydroxytoluene, cetyl alcohol and a lot of other crazy sh*t. Anyway, if rogaine liquid has the same butane, propane and acid as foam it would probably be really dangerous to drink. On the other hand, Kirkland liquid might not be bad to drink because the ingredients are alcohol, propylene glycol, minoxidil and purified water. I would think alcohol is just alcohol, propylene glycol is a preservative found in a lot of foods anyway(without allergy we can safely consume it in pounds supposedly). The rest is minoxidil which is prescribed orally by some docs for hair loss anyway and says so in the international journal of dermatology. The last ingredient is purified water.

I've been drinking oral minoxidil for about half a year now with good results. I take 12.5mg every night. Its easy to measure it if your minoxidil dropper has a 0.25ml, 0.50ml, 0.75ml and a 1ml measurement mark. 0.25ml is 12.5mg of minoxidil. 50mg in 1ml. The symptoms I have are mild and consistent with minoxidil in pill form. Dark circles under the eyes for a few hours ( which is why I take it before bed ). Facial bloating if you eat too much salt and increased body hair. My skin is fine. My blood pressure is also still normal.

Hey Andy how do you know your math is correct because this sounds like a good idea if there isn’t anything special about the alcohol in Kirkland that could kill me.

Attachments

• EA38A649-BDA5-4DF0-810C-A4803045FCD5.jpeg
    EA38A649-BDA5-4DF0-810C-A4803045FCD5.jpeg
    93.2 KB · Views: 345

-Synergy-

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think if a person watched their water retention or weight and could accurately convert ml to mg. Then drinking a ml amount of Kirkland equal to 5mg would be safe, but how is the math done?

hlr

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think if a person watched their water retention or weight and could accurately convert ml to mg. Then drinking a ml amount of Kirkland equal to 5mg would be safe, but how is the math done?

Lets keep it simple. We are gonna reuse a minoxidil bottle with the 1ml dropper to drink 1ml per dose.

Material: 5% Minoxidil (50mg/ml) + Proplilenglicol (its very cheap and easy to find on vaping shops)
Dose: for example 2.5mg/dose (you can change this number)

1.How much minoxidil we will need? 60ml x 2.5mg/ml = 150mg of minoxidil per bottle.
2.If 1ml of minoxidil contains 50mg of minoxidil we need to drop 3ml in the empty bottle (150 mg / 50 mg/ml = 3 ml)
3.Complete the bottle with plain Pg. In this case we need 57ml to fill the 60ml bottle

Lets take a look. we are drinking 3ml/60doses= 0.05ml per dose. For me it looks safe to drink 0.05ml out of the minoxidil bottle, Proplilenglicol as fas as I know is safe to drink so no concerns about that.

Please if you start oral minoxidil post your dose and results on the thread: Recommendations On Oral Minoxidil (dosage And Sources)
(sorry my account is new and I cannot link)

Im looking into switching to oral minoxidil too.

el_duterino

Reaction score
that's bs
they sell oral minoxidil pills 5mg

Very cheap

No side effects for me
I have been taking one pill per day for 2 months and it works as well or better than topical foam for a fraction of the price

hlr

My Regimen
Reaction score
As long as I know (I can be wrong) In my country you can't get oral minoxidil for hair loss (maybe a private doctor...). This is why for me is better to drink it rather than getting pills from a thailand source with low quality control.

There are post from people reporting bad months due to the quality difference of this lonitel thailand pills.

el_duterino

Reaction score
These pills are fine made by a legit pharma firm in thaliand but minoxidil isn't a real hair loss solution anyway you would need other drugs otherwise you will have bad months regardless

You will find a million threads of people complaining of bad results using brand name Rogaine as well

-Synergy-

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
that's bs

Very cheap

No side effects for me
I have been taking one pill per day for 2 months and it works as well or better than topical foam for a fraction of the price

Who sells you 5mg oral minoxidil because I doubt most dermatologist would prescribe oral minoxidil. When I talk to a dermatologist their skills go as far as finasteride and topical minoxidil beyond that I am speaking to a brick wall. I would prefer to save money and get something over the counter instead of ordering something online without script. I think I would start at 0.15ml oral minoxidil. El how was your shedding and did you get better gains then with topical?

el_duterino

Reaction score
Minoxidil never made me shed topical or oral I am a very good responder have been using it since 2011

You need at least 5mg a day these tiny doses you wrote are far less effective than topical

hlr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Who sells you 5mg oral minoxidil because I doubt most dermatologist would prescribe oral minoxidil. When I talk to a dermatologist their skills go as far as finasteride and topical minoxidil beyond that I am speaking to a brick wall. I would prefer to save money and get something over the counter instead of ordering something online without script. I think I would start at 0.15ml oral minoxidil. El how was your shedding and did you get better gains then with topical?

0.15ml is 7.5mg. Please do yourself a favor and follow my guide, volumetric dossage is a basic tool when you need accurate measurements outside a lab.

Quality of online meds is a very well known public health issue, I have used this thailand farmacy without any problem but is not as reliable as a EU/US farmaceutical company. Well nevermind oral minoxidil is the same regardless the source so we are all in the same thing.

Edit: You can adjust the dose, it was only an example.

el_duterino

Reaction score
OK my mistake I read wrong yes 7.5mg is fine
I bought a 2 year supply of oral minoxidil in a regular street pharmacy/drugstore in Bangkok when I did my hair transplant last time

100 bahts per bottle of 100 pills of 5mg minoxidil a 2 year supply is like 30 usd

Small bottles about 5 cm in height

-Synergy-

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I had a really hard time with topical minoxidil. It seemed like after a month my shedding stopped, but the alcohol caused a dermatitis and my hair got destroyed. I have no idea if minoxidil orally would be good to try but at this rate I have to do something soon. I just ordered some dutasteride.

genetically_cursed

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I had a really hard time with topical minoxidil. It seemed like after a month my shedding stopped, but the alcohol caused a dermatitis and my hair got destroyed. I have no idea if minoxidil orally would be good to try but at this rate I have to do something soon. I just ordered some dutasteride.
f***, man. thats the reason i dont even know if to start off with finasteride right away or try minoxidil first

-Synergy-

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well for the last month or two I have been sitting here trying to layout and research my plan of attack. With all the good and bad talk on this forum of minoxidil, RU, and dustasteride and finasteride it is easy for a person to be indecisive, but the way I see it after time indecision will start to kill a persons hair just as much as a rogue treatment. Everything is different for everyone so I guess you have to take a small step in the direction of finasteride or minoxidil and hope for the best. I am really thinking about only taking finasteride once a day, adding dutasteride one or twice a week, and taking 7.5mg minoxidil orally but I am not sure if that would be to much for my body or hair.

-Synergy-

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
f***, man. thats the reason i dont even know if to start off with finasteride right away or try minoxidil first

Test minoxidil on a small area of your hair first don’t do what I did and say to yourself hey it’s fda approved nothing can go wrong and put it everywhere. It was my first time using minoxidil and I was over did it using like 5 times the recommended dose and had bad reaction. My scalp got really dry, really flaky, and painful because in time of that I was using nizoral like every other day. I hope I didn’t scar my hair. I f**ked up this time bad

Benjamin

My Regimen
Reaction score
that's bs

Very cheap

No side effects for me
Where did you get yours