Thinking About Ordering From Coolpiece

Yzalman

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am a 35 year old male who has been using toppik for last 8 years. Now that I have lost most of my hair(front crown & top) and toppik is not working anymore. I have decided to invest some money to get a good hair piece or wig. The sides of my hair seems to be fine, I am looking for something to cover the top which blends well with my short side hair. Since I am completely new to this, your suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Thank you

Noah

Reaction score
Hi Yzalman

The standard advice is to keep as much of your own natural hair as you can, and just replace the area which is weak or balding. You can have a custom made piece made to any shape you need. So work out what you need to replace, make yourself a template, and just replace that bit. Often there is a bit of weak straggly hair along the margins of your bald patch. It is best to shave that weak hair off and include that in the area of the hairpiece. The piece will blend better if it is abutting thick healthy hair.

Coolpiece is a decent supplier. I have used them, and you should get a good product from them.

All the best with it
Noah

Yzalman

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks Noah for your reply. Out of all the model available at coolpiece, which one would you recommend the most? I have no idea whats french lace, bond or mirage. All I care is that it doesn't fall due to moderate wind or when I bend at work.
Thank you

Noah

Reaction score
;)I had to laugh at your question - do you seriously think guys would wear these things if they fell off when you bend over or blew off in the wind? You will apply the piece with strong glue and/or tape, and it will only be removable by soaking the adhesive off with alcohol. You can put any fear of if falling off or blowing off completely out of your mind.

To some extent the choice of hairpiece design depends on you and your lifestyle - are you active or sedentary, do you live somewhere hot and sweaty or cold and dry, are you a perfectionist about your appearance or would you rather have an extra half-an-hour in bed? Without knowing any of these things about you, the best I can say is that in my view lace is the most comfortable and least detectable hairpiece, although it involves a bit more work in upkeep than some other materials. So on that basis I would say go for French Lace, with a view to working up to Swiss lace (slightly finer more fragile version of the same material) once you have picked up the techniques. I would avoid Bond (easy-care, but very detectable) and mirage (non-breathable plastic film ("skin") base).

Hope this makes sense.

N