Think I'm Experiencing Brain Fog On Finasteride?

fixthis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So I started fiansteride almost a week ago, the only side effects I noticed before was a slight ball ache and watery semen and I still have them, I've heard those side effects are quite common and go away. My libido and everything else is fine and if it makes a difference I'm taking 0.5mg everyday. I first noticed it a day or two, I don't know if it's just placebo because when i experienced the other two side effects I got really worried and my head felt weird so it could be that. The thing is brain fog isn't even listed as an official side effect and I was reading that anxiety and depression can cause it which I both have. Some people who experience it say they ride it for a month or so and it's fine but I've got exams in the coming month which is my main concern.

The feeling is weird it's a bit hard to explain it feels like I'm zoned out or kind of detached form my body a little, I don't know if it's had any effect on my memory though.

fixthis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
if you had brainfog you wouldnt be able to think about it.

I don't know what else to describe it, I was able to do my science report for uni today without much trouble but I feel a bit zoned out like detached from my body. I think it could affect me in exams so I might get off and then get back on after. hopefully it's just in my head, it would be a shame because I really think it could save my hair until something better comes out

Saurabhaj

Reaction score
No,never ever take Finasteride tablet on important days like Exam/weddings/functions.

I am not talking about sexual effects.
I felt it affected my alertness levels on such critical days.
I have no scientific data to back this.

I don't think its Nocebo but still,its best to avoid in exam duration.

Last edited:

fixthis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No,never ever take Finasteride tablet on important days like Exam/weddings/functions.

I am not talking about sexual effects.
I felt it affected my alertness levels on such critical days.
I have no scientific data to back this.

I don't think its Nocebo but still,its best to avoid in exam duration.

I think it's nocebo personally but even so I can't let it make me perform less than I should on my exams.

Min0

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
it's a real side effect. i had it too, and had to stop.

Xander94

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dont think about it and it goes away. Otherwise you can stop go bald and cope your choice.

fixthis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
it's a real side effect. i had it too, and had to stop.

What did you have in particular, I don't feel like my coordination or memory has been affected. It kind fo feels like when you've been running form something or just been in a fight and you zone out afterwards like you feel a bit detached

Dont think about it and it goes away. Otherwise you can stop go bald and cope your choice.

How long long did you have it for? And just to clarify apart from my ball ache and semen thing which seems to have resolved I've had no other issues. I plan to get get back on it after exams.

dunno

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah it's true, i had brainfog on my first initial week when i started finasteride. but it passed by. (or did it? maybe i just adapted to it )

Min0

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What did you have in particular, I don't feel like my coordination or memory has been affected. It kind fo feels like when you've been running form something or just been in a fight and you zone out afterwards like you feel a bit detached

How long long did you have it for? And just to clarify apart from my ball ache and semen thing which seems to have resolved I've had no other issues. I plan to get get back on it after exams.

after one week, i had a brain heavyness, then the second day after that, i had a severe brain fog just in the middle of a conversation with my friend, i couldn't even finish the sentence, because my brain was concentrating on what's happening to it, and then i almost threw up, then it was gone but i continued the day with a semi-drunk state, (or how you feel when you wake up from a long nap).

i stopped, and the fog didn't come back since.

fixthis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
after one week, i had a brain heavyness, then the second day after that, i had a severe brain fog just in the middle of a conversation with my friend, i couldn't even finish the sentence, because my brain was concentrating on what's happening to it, and then i almost threw up, then it was gone but i continued the day with a semi-drunk state, (or how you feel when you wake up from a long nap).

i stopped, and the fog didn't come back since.

With me my brain feels heavy like I'm not there but I can speak and write just fine. It happened like this, I was worrying about he side effects and panicked a bit and then my head felt heavy all of a sudden, I'm not sure if heavy is even the right word but something felt a bit different.

Min0

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
With me my brain feels heavy like I'm not there but I can speak and write just fine. It happened like this, I was worrying about he side effects and panicked a bit and then my head felt heavy all of a sudden, I'm not sure if heavy is even the right word but something felt a bit different.

man 5ar2 is very important, it's not only DHT related, it exists also in the spine,
http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/messageview.cfm?catid=10&threadid=85335

it f*****g sucks that in 2017 we still don't have a cheap anti-DHT.
blocking 5ar2 to get rid of DHT is f*****g retarded to be honest.

fixthis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Time to head over to propeciahelp to discuss your traumatic brain fog experience.

haha I don't think I'm that crazy yet, I still choose to trust the scientific studies, there's no official report of brain fog as far as I'm aware. I hope this is just placebo.

Mattb

My Regimen
Reaction score
haha I don't think I'm that crazy yet, I still choose to trust the scientific studies, there's no official report of brain fog as far as I'm aware. I hope this is just placebo.
Hey man did this ever go alway? I feel like I’m in a fish bowl and it’s really scarring me

blackg

Reaction score
I don't know what else to describe it, I was able to do my science report for uni today without much trouble but I feel a bit zoned out like detached from my body.
This sounds pretty good to be honest.

fixthis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey man did this ever go alway? I feel like I’m in a fish bowl and it’s really scarring me

I'm nearly 9 months in now. I still have the 'brain fog' but I suspect this could be general anxiety. The only thing I can confirm that I got from finasteride was weight gain, weak erections and watery semen which I've put up with for now. The thing that pisses me off after all of this is that I've still not maintained my hair. I lose hair like crazy and hairline is receding faster.

I'm currently using another anti androgen on top of finasteride (RU) and started dermarolling. Also for you it depends how long you've been on it, wait at least 6 months before giving it up.

Mattb

My Regimen
Reaction score
I already stopped taking it. I still feel detached from my body which is what I’m hoping will go away.

Guzam

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So I started fiansteride almost a week ago, the only side effects I noticed before was a slight ball ache and watery semen and I still have them, I've heard those side effects are quite common and go away. My libido and everything else is fine and if it makes a difference I'm taking 0.5mg everyday. I first noticed it a day or two, I don't know if it's just placebo because when i experienced the other two side effects I got really worried and my head felt weird so it could be that. The thing is brain fog isn't even listed as an official side effect and I was reading that anxiety and depression can cause it which I both have. Some people who experience it say they ride it for a month or so and it's fine but I've got exams in the coming month which is my main concern.

The feeling is weird it's a bit hard to explain it feels like I'm zoned out or kind of detached form my body a little, I don't know if it's had any effect on my memory though.

It's all nocebo man. Horror stories pushed by snake oil vendors and hair transplant scam clinics trick our minds. Do not give in. Be strong mentally. Focus. Finasteride is a very ineffective and mild drug.

Mattb

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's all nocebo man. Horror stories pushed by snake oil vendors and hair transplant scam clinics trick our minds. Do not give in. Be strong mentally. Focus. Finasteride is a very ineffective and mild drug.
Dude you are totally right - I had one cognitive slip, probably something natural, and anexiety took over. It’s such a slippery slope because the symptoms manifest themselves in a very real way, but are also symptoms of a anexity. Appreciate your support.