Thin Side Hair - Will I Ever Be Able To Wear A Piece?

FCKW36

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hello guys,

I have the big problem that I'm not only receding on the top of my head, I also lost a lot of ground in my donor area.

I attached some photos. Will I ever be able to wear a topper? A full cap is not an option for me. I usually like to wear my side hair between 5-10mm (I have to go to the barber as you can see on the photos as my side hair is to long now). This way it's less obvious if you are thinning on the sides...

What do you guys think?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200731_172356.jpg
    Screenshot_20200731_172356.jpg
    196.9 KB · Views: 464
  • Screenshot_20200731_172317.jpg
    Screenshot_20200731_172317.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 480
  • Screenshot_20200731_172303.jpg
    Screenshot_20200731_172303.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 456

Fanjeera

Reaction score
A thin topper should be tried maybe. It will look weird anyway, but almost everything's better than bald.

Noah

Reaction score
Honestly, I think in the medium term the only thing that will work for you with a topper is something like this, where the sides and back are buzzed short to hide the thinning. Otherwise it's at least a three-quarter cap.

IMG_5985.jpg IMG_5984.jpg

FCKW36

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Okay, the second picture doesn't look to bad. So you think at least it's possible?

Noah

Reaction score
Yes, if you are willing to be flexible about the styling, you will be able to find an acceptable solution. But unless you are personally very artistic, you will need to find a salon with a bit of imagination to work with you.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
As Noah said... there are a number of styles you can get away with with buzzing down to 0. I shave... and I know others who do so as well...

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello guys,

I have the big problem that I'm not only receding on the top of my head, I also lost a lot of ground in my donor area.

I attached some photos. Will I ever be able to wear a topper? A full cap is not an option for me. I usually like to wear my side hair between 5-10mm (I have to go to the barber as you can see on the photos as my side hair is to long now). This way it's less obvious if you are thinning on the sides...

What do you guys think?

LOL so much for RU saving your hair and causing "regrowth" haha you have less hair than me and I dont even use RU. btw apply RU on the crown and on the side hair aswell you forgot that?? xD

FCKW36

Experienced Member
Reaction score
LOL so much for RU saving your hair and causing "regrowth" haha you have less hair than me and I dont even use RU. btw apply RU on the crown and on the side hair aswell you forgot that?? xD

Are you mentally ill or something? Where did I say that RU saved my hair?

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you mentally ill or something? Where did I say that RU saved my hair?

on a different post somewhere. at least you claimed RU was very effective and caused regrowth on your hairline it was a 2020 post in july u have now been on RU for like 6 years. BUT on another post I saw you write I have been on RU for 3.5 years and RU has been pretty useless. you are confusing as hell. and now you are here on this forum wanting to try out topical dutasteride because well RU hasnt stopped your male pattern baldness apparently. yeah buddy I have read many of your posts.

FCKW36

Experienced Member
Reaction score
on a different post somewhere. at least you claimed RU was very effective and caused regrowth on your hairline it was a 2020 post in july u have now been on RU for like 6 years. BUT on another post I saw you write I have been on RU for 3.5 years and RU has been pretty useless. you are confusing as hell. and now you are here on this forum wanting to try out topical dutasteride because well RU hasnt stopped your male pattern baldness apparently. yeah buddy I have read many of your posts.

You are a f*****g liar. I'm using RU since October 2014, therefore 6 years. I never said anything else. Furthermore I got initial regrowth from RU and later from minoxidil but I lost more and more ground over the years. I'm still above my status in 2014. I never said RU is very effective. Stop your false claims and continue to read my postings. Maybe you will learn something.

Last edited: