Thicker hair after 1 1/2 month on 5% minoxidil

Dblbass128

Established Member
Reaction score
Wow,

sh*t really does work. I dont have any pics, but I have diffuse male pattern baldness and Ive noticed an increase in thickness, (very noticeable) and so have others close to me. I wonder how much thicker my hair will actually get in the next few months, but I can say the stuff really does work! hopefully it will last. Im trying many experimental treatments, (herbs/topical finasterside).

Figured Id share that, maybe Ill get some pics up here

-DB

Dblbass128

Established Member
Reaction score
One thing i forgot to mention, is that the one part that doesnt seem to have improved is the middle of the top most part of my scalp (not the vertex) I comb my hair forward and push the front upwards. I noticed a few months back that in direct sunlight the front of my hair (my hairline is intact) became super thin out of nowhere it seemed and looked like ***. I do not see as much of my scalp in this area as much as I did before. If i comb my hair back, the thinnest portion is the middle, almost like FPB

Oh well maybe that will fill in as well, but I must say I am suprised it worked so quickly

tembo

Established Member
Reaction score
I got the same good results in a month or less. Its now been 5 months or so and still love the results. Just hope this works for another 5 years.

Dblbass128

Established Member
Reaction score
tembo said:
I got the same good results in a month or less. Its now been 5 months or so and still love the results. Just hope this works for another 5 years.

good luck to us!

G

hey im a diffuse thinner too and i hope for these results too. im one month into my treatment with minoxidil 5 % now. i hope it goes like yours. :roll:

Dblbass128

Established Member
Reaction score
helpme007 said:
hey im a diffuse thinner too and i hope for these results too. im one month into my treatment with minoxidil 5 % now. i hope it goes like yours. :roll:

The only spot Im having an issue with is with the front and the right side

this really annoying thin spot that wont full in, looks worse when I push the front up when styling. I mean the middle and back filled out nicely, Ill give the front a few more months and see how it goes.

let me know how you make out

-DB

Dblbass128

Established Member
Reaction score
HelpMePlease said:
After 1 and half months? u sure mate

Yeh Im sure, nothing too great but a definite difference

Hope it does more, I just didnt expect anything so soon

techprof

Experienced Member
Reaction score
sorry to sound negative.
minoxidil hairs will not last for ever.
(I went from NW4 to NW2 just using minoxidil in few months).

get on finasteride, tricomin and nizoral.

Ramboner

Reaction score
Techprof I read more than a few times about ur success with minoxidil but when u say u went from NW4 to NW2, what kind of density did u get? was it just a couple of hairs floating around or something more significant? I know u don't have any pics of that leap :( but try to describe it as best as u can ( I'll be your bestest friend). THANX BUDDY

RAMBONER

techprof

Experienced Member
Reaction score
ramboner,
the density was as good as pre male pattern baldness. If I had wanted I could have worn my hair shorter, but I had it longer and combed it.

I had a large numer of terminal hairs, but they were probably slightly thinner than my pre-male pattern baldness hairs.

My suggestion to everyone with male pattern baldness, get on finasteride/dutasteride. that is a must.

techprof

Experienced Member
Reaction score
dblass,
just realized you are already on finasteride. good job and congrats on your success.

Ramboner

Reaction score
thanx for the quick answer Techprof. In my experience with minoxidil, ( almost a year now) it tended to add a couple of hairs around existing hairs but it didn't produce any "forests". I have this one spot near the vertex it's about 3 by 3 millimeters and it seems almost entirely absent of hair. I'm convinced hair will never fill that spot ( maybe it's a scar?). Anyways I dunno what my point is. ROCK ON

RAMBONER

techprof

Experienced Member
Reaction score
ramboner, you are welcome
anyone who is balding should be on finasteride/dutasteride nizoral and tricomin/prox-N a SOD.
are you on them?

Ramboner

Reaction score
I'm on finasteride/minoxidil/nizoral. finasteride was only added recently (2 and a half months ago) but I think it's working. SODS and tricomin sound good but I'm determined to see how far the big 3 takes me. If they don't give me some moderate regrowth I'm gonna jump ship but not before giving finasteride at least a year. I felt like I owed it to myself to see if these things really work. One day when someone I know or maybe even a relative starts to go bald, I can shine some light on their domes.

But anyways back to tricomin, SODS and what have you. If the big 3 fail, what is the likelyness that these things will over power aggressive male pattern baldness?

techprof

Experienced Member
Reaction score
rambover, imo finasteride or dutasteride will save you from balding further than Norwood 2 (if you start at nw2).

you can give one year before adding sod. I don't believe in spironolactone.

Big 3 with finasteride or dutasteride and tricomin/prox-N is pretty much it. We don't have anything else imo.
But this will save anyone from balding further and grow some in lucky ones.

G

techprof said:
rambover, imo finasteride or dutasteride will save you from balding further than Norwood 2 (if you start at nw2).

the 5 yr propecia study showed patients barely above baseline at the 5 yr mark. why do you think propecia will prevent people from progressing past nw2 in their lifetime if they have a family history that includes people who are NW4+?

Renegade

Established Member
Reaction score
I refuse! but haven't had any success at it yet. I'm thinking the dutasteride I just started will give me my best chances.

TechProof: How much have you recovered since going back to the N4?

Do everyone think I should have a copper peptide such as tricomin in there?

coastal

Reaction score
has anyone tried dutasteride in their minoxidil? i'm not sure if the chemical stability is there or not..