Thicker hair after 1 1/2 month on 5% minoxidil

techprof

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Jayman, the study showed barely above. IMO it reaches a steadystate value above the baseline. Hence my conclusion. I might be wrong, but the curve looks like it is going to attain a steady state above or at the baseline.

techprof

Experienced Member
Reaction score
renegade I went to Nw6 after reaching nw2 with minoxidil.
rogaine gave me irritation and I was slowly losing ground.

IMO tricomin and prox-N are both valuable.

G

techprof said:
Jayman, the study showed barely above. IMO it reaches a steadystate value above the baseline. Hence my conclusion. I might be wrong, but the curve looks like it is going to attain a steady state above or at the baseline.

I'm not quite sure that it does. It is definitely slowing down but I think it's about at baseline after 7 years on it.

G

Ramboner said:
Jayman do you refuse to EVER go bald?

I hope to never go bald, but I can't refuse because it's not in my power. All I can do is swallow the Avodart and pray to baby Jesus to keep me a NW2 or below for the rest of my life. :wink:

G

techprof said:

there are also guys on here that have been on propecia for 5+ years and are below baseline. some people may be able to attain steady state, but to guarantee it is wrong imo.

techprof

Experienced Member
Reaction score
jayman,
where are the pictures of those who went worser than nw2 after being on finasteride for five years? Show me one.
(I am not asking for nw1 to nw2).

G

techprof said:
jayman,
where are the pictures of those who went worser than nw2 after being on finasteride for five years? Show me one.
(I am not asking for nw1 to nw2).

Thinning. He won't post pictures but he said he started taking it years ago and is now a Norwood 2.5

Aplunk has also gone to Norwood 2.5 from NW2 while being on Avodart for 10 months.

Tech, the problem with your argument is that finasteride has been out for only 10 years as a hair loss treatment. Most people on it started it within the past five. So just because I don't have pictures of lots of people losing ground on finasteride doesn't mean that your assertions are necessarily correct. We will know in a few more years if they are.

techprof

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Jayman,
I have seen Aplunk's pictures and I still think he hasn't moved in the Norwood scale.
I agree with you that we need to wait more.

But I can't conceive anyone going from NW1 to slick bald like me who was a fool not to take finasteride or dutasteride. I hope no one makes the mistake of not taking finasteride or dutasteride.

G

techprof said:
Jayman,
I have seen Aplunk's pictures and I still think he hasn't moved in the Norwood scale.
I agree with you that we need to wait more.

But I can't conceive anyone going from NW1 to slick bald like me who was a fool not to take finasteride or dutasteride. I hope no one makes the mistake of not taking finasteride or dutasteride.

No I don't think anyone will go slick bald, but I can definitely see people starting out at NW1 or NW1.5 and going to NW4 or NW5 in a couple of decades.

techprof

Experienced Member
Reaction score
jayman,
I still hope and believe that no one will go from nw1 to nw4 in 20 years after being on finasteride or dutasteride. let us wait and see.

G

Tech, man,

obviously I hope so as well. I think that people have a much better chance at staying NW2 and below with Avodart than they do with finasteride, obviously due to the higher type II inhibition and part type I as well. I think that someone on Avodart could keep what they have for 10 years and then start to slowly, slowly thin, but maybe getting no worse than a NW4 at age 70. This may sound bad but when you consider that a lot of us would be NW6-7 at age 70 without meds, it's a huge improvement. Getting on it early is obviously the most important thing, because maintenance is much more attainable than regrowth as we all know.

I am hoping that in 4-5 months I will begin to see at least some regrowth from my dutasteride.

What Norwood will your transplants make you by the way, when they grow in? NW2.5? I forgot how many grafts you got but I'm pretty sure I remember it being 4000+, so you should have at least been able to fill in your crown with a lot of density right?

techprof

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Jayman, I will be happy with nw2.5. I am waiting for the hairs to grow. I got 4250 grafts or so. I got them from just next to the frontal hair to the crown at higher density. I got only 1100 grafts or so in the crown. So crown will probably be still thin.

Renegade

Established Member
Reaction score
Here's my current state:

I have at least some hair in all of the NW2 pattern; However,

I am severely diffuse in the NW4 pattern (blond hair so all you can see from a distance is pink scalp)

I moderately diffuse in the NW5 pattern (I am currently noticing alot of improvement here though)

I am/was slightly diffuse in the NW6 (this area has almost fully recovered

I have recently revamped my arsenal so, based on this information, do you think I could acheieve full/thick NW2 again?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts![/i]

Dblbass128

Established Member
Reaction score
techprof said:
sorry to sound negative.
minoxidil hairs will not last for ever.
(I went from NW4 to NW2 just using minoxidil in few months).

get on finasteride, tricomin and nizoral.

Those will not last forever either

Dblbass128

Established Member
Reaction score
But if you read my regimen closely youll see I am using finasteride topically, not sure if it is doing anything, probably just wasting my time and my brothers proscars

Renegade

Established Member
Reaction score
Sorry, don't have any pics - that's why I tried to give the most qualitative description as possible. I don't think I can afford a cameral (let alone a digital) - damn arsenal is costing me a small fortune!

Then again, I may try to search ebay for something since pics can say a thousand words and I don't want to short-change anyone here. Since this forum is responsible for my success, I feel an obligation to give back.

So, if anyone knows where I can get like the full deal (camera with computer hook-up accessories) real cheap, let me know!

Thanks.