thickening shampoo question, and general product question

bojangles

Reaction score
I'm dealing with somewhat of a receding hairline and the hair on the front of my head is kind of thinning.

I'm kind of reluctant to use propecia or rogaine, but if there were a shampoo I could use that would thicken and strengthen my thinning hair, I'd use it.

So, do thickening shampoos really work? And if so, how do they work? Do you have to use it often for it to be effective? Do they thicken the hair you already have, or new hairs, or what?

One reason I ask if you have to use it a lot for it to be effective is because I hate using shampoo. My hair can look flat-out retarded after shampooing, and even with hair product it can be hard to make it look decent. Shampooing always makes my hair so 'light' and feathery and impossible to control. Are there any thickening shampoos/conditioners that don't make your hair act that way? Or anything you can use in the shower in conjunction with a thickening shampoo to prevent your hair from acting like that? I shampoo maybe once every couple of weeks because of the way my hair "behaves" for days after I shampoo.

Also, do thickening shampoos like Fructis (or whatever it's called) really "strengthen" your hair, like making it less prone to being pulled out? The kind of hair product I like to use nowadays (I've finally found the kind of product that gives me the effect I want) is moulding wax/clay (the hard kind), but you really have to rub it in, and I've noticed that tends to pull a few hairs out when applying it.