There is nothing worst to go bald when your father

Travalanche

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah, hair loss seems to have gotten more random in recent years. Seeing WW2 pictures of guys in the past and comparing them to similar aged guys today is actually mindblowing.

Yeah some guys had some hair loss in their early 20's back then but anything past a Norwood 2 was rare.

I think a lot of it has to do with genetics obviously but I think that there is a correlation with the foods we are sold/consume as well, as in they increase the rate of balding.

If I didn't eat so much genetically modified food as a teenager for instance I wonder if I wouldn't have been balding until my 30's? It's hard to prove any of this but it's something to think about.

SayifDoit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yeah, hair loss seems to have gotten more random in recent years. Seeing WW2 pictures of guys in the past and comparing them to similar aged guys today is actually mindblowing.

Yeah some guys had some hair loss in their early 20's back then but anything past a Norwood 2 was rare.

I think a lot of it has to do with genetics obviously but I think that there is a correlation with the foods we are sold/consume as well, as in they increase the rate of balding.

If I didn't eat so much genetically modified food as a teenager for instance I wonder if I wouldn't have been balding until my 30's? It's hard to prove any of this but it's something to think about.
Completely false and rubbish.
Seriously you are a fool if you believe male pattern baldness is becoming more aggresive and that somehow the food we are eating is effecting that....

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
If anything there will be less bald men in the future, because they're way less likely to find a mate to reproduce with in this society that only values looks.

Sorry for answering to such an old topic, but the fact that the balding gene is just as commonly, if not more, inherited from mothers side destroys this theory. I mean, my mom married my dad, who had very good hair up until he was 55 or so, but her sons, me and my brother, have been balding since around 20 yrs old. And this because of the gene my MOTHER carries. Out of my mom's like 10 brothers only one went fully bald. Her father was pretty bald, even balder than me, when he was about the age I am now.

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
My dad looks like he had a failed hair transplant, he has very thing but curly hair in a NW3 shape on his scalp and a bald crown. It doesn't look bad to be honest, especially for his age. He started loosing it at age 40, wherease I basically have a shittier aesthetic result at age 28 despite medication up until recently.
My maternal grandpa had a full head of hair which made me believe I'd never go bald.