There is nothing worst to go bald when your father

gravesen

Established Member
Reaction score
Have a good thick hair Norwood 1 in his sixties and had Jim Morrison's hair-look/style in his thirties :(

maradona

Established Member
Reaction score
There is something worse actually. Imagine have that AND the fact that he doesn't sympathize with you.

You know what he told me?

"there are many bald men"

i told him:

yeah but theyre fukin 50 like you, hes prob a 2.5 at 50. Has the slowest balding i've seen. I catched up to him in only a year, while it took him 14 years to get there.

Let me reiterate that, 16 years. I have seen him in 2 years.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah tell me about it. My father is 65 and he still has probably more hair than me. Up until 10 years ago he didn't have much hairloss, only some recession (maybe NW2.5). Only then he started thinning. Of course he has had black hair and I took after my mother with light brown hair so it isn't a surprise that I don't follow his pattern.

gravesen

Established Member
Reaction score
maradona said:
There is something worse actually. Imagine have that AND the fact that he doesn't sympathize with you.

You know what he told me?

"there are many bald men"

Well, he told me exactly the same thing :whistle:

ghg : In my case, i had the exact same hair when i was like 17/18 and all the girls in the classroom used to compliment my hair and some of them even accused me of using cosmetical products :whistle:

gascoigne

Established Member
Reaction score
My father served some time in army prison while he was young couse he didnt want to wear a hat that all guys had to wear. It was 35 years ago, he was so shallow that he tought that wearing a hat while serving army for 8 months may cause his beautiful hair to fall out. What a sucrifise. :)

And when i show him my thinning hair he just shrugs his shoulders and say that there can be lot more worse things in life.

Islander

Established Member
Reaction score
I have the exact opposite situation. My father is the only one balding in my family history. He is 39 today and is probably full blown NW4. He is buzzing his hair down to 0 since he was about 23 or so. It doesn't bother him at all. Saddest thing is that it appears I am following his steps...

maradona

Established Member
Reaction score
Islander said:
I have the exact opposite situation. My father is the only one balding in my family history. He is 39 today and is probably full blown NW4. He is buzzing his hair down to 0 since he was about 23 or so. It doesn't bother him at all. Saddest thing is that it appears I am following his steps...

that's some slow *** balding. Norwood 4 at 39 from 23?

16 years wow.

i think if you follow his footsteps then ur a lucky sone of a b**ch in the bald community.

Northman

Established Member
Reaction score
Islander said:

Your father is 39? Man I'm getting old. :)

My dad is 62 this year. Full head of hair. I didn't get that gene.

seb

Reaction score
People like my mum and dad,shouldnt be allowed too procreate,they only produce monstrosities such as I.

virtuality

Established Member
Reaction score
Islander said:

I'm old enough to be your father :whistle:

Just kidding, I'm only 34yo.

Speaking of fathers, my dad has the best hair in the whole family..

Islander

Established Member
Reaction score
maradona said:
that's some slow *** balding. Norwood 4 at 39 from 23?

16 years wow.

i think if you follow his footsteps then ur a lucky sone of a b**ch in the bald community.

Oh, yeah. I am sooo lucky. It's like saying:"We both have to eat those sandviches with sh*t, but you're so lucky because your sandvich is a little bit smaller".

To Northman & virtuality, I was born when my father just turned 17 and still was in high school. So that's why he is so young.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
My dad looks like Kenny Logins. He doesn't understand what I'm going through. I tried explaining it to him once and it was clear enough to me that he could not sympathize. He is not good with emotions though.

seb

Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
My dad looks like Kenny Logins. He doesn't understand what I'm going through. I tried explaining it to him once and it was clear enough to me that he could not sympathize. He is not good with emotions though.

Most men arent good with showing their emotions....different generation regarding our parents."real men dont cry". :jackit:

s.a.f

Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:

TBH how much do we all take for granted everyday? Imagine waking up tommorrow to find that half your fingers were missing?

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
[quote="uncomfortable man":19o8wc71]My dad looks like Kenny Logins. He doesn't understand what I'm going through. I tried explaining it to him once and it was clear enough to me that he could not sympathize. He is not good with emotions though.

TBH how much do we all take for granted everyday? Imagine waking up tommorrow to find that half your fingers were missing?[/quote:19o8wc71]

:whistle:

s.a.f

Reaction score
Ok imagine waking up tommorrow to find your ears were slowly dissapearing.
How often do any of us appreciate our ears?
Thats how most people feel about their hair they just take for granted that it'll always be there.

Northman

Established Member
Reaction score
SAF, that was my attitude ages ago as a teenager. I had good hair. Blond and wavy when long. I took it for granted that I would have it forever, or at least wouldn't start to lose it until some far off age, like 38 or something...

I missed my hair, I still do, that's why I'm here. I'm relatively lucky, I have some hair left, my head doesn't look bad shaved down, and I can grow some good facial hair.

Now, late in the process and having just had the second of the two kids my wife and I plan to have; I've decided to give these treatments a real try and see what I can get back.

B

Beingbaldsucks

It's even worse when your brother not only nw1 but also with the longest hair possible to make you feel like the nobody scam that you are for getting the bad gene