the smart and easy way to know if a Doctor can do FUE right

LookingGood!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
collegechemistrystudent said:
i realize mine catches they eye more with a perfectly shaved head, since it is in a line and therefore the pattern is recognised right away. but the total surface area of mine is far less, and it looks like a thin scar, instead of several dots which might make someone wonder. I think it is up to debate which looks better.

but I must agree, most doctors leave a 1/4 inch or wider scar back there, so FUE does sound better than that.

Dont miscontrue what I originally trying to say. I think strip is appropo for some and not so for others.

LookingGood!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
BTW CCS

The dots if treated correctly post op will not last very long and camo'ed by growing hair. No smiley face here!

hrscare

Reaction score
arm hair transpant do not prove that the surgeon is compentant. agreed. but if the doctor messes those up, you know the doctor can't do your head right. so to keep from getting totally screwed, or at least to have some idea what you are getting into, do the arm test.

And just who do you think can do forearm hair transplants. I dont know of a single fue doctor out there who is doing forearm hair.

hrscare

Reaction score
LookingGood! said:
you're not the "Fittest" are you?

Ok let me clarify, he has done FUE since 93 or so and since moved away from strip but still offers it.

Read Dr. Cole past posts on different sites. You will find one where he admits that he started doing FIT in 2003 and later.
How did you get the 93 information? Its not accurate.

DaveOne

Established Member
Reaction score
Yep, that's right 2002 or 2003, somewhere in there I believe- he took on a repair patient pro bono and literally developed his technique in response to the needs of the patient. He had knowledge of the technique, but as far as I know Dr Woods wasn't sharing his tools or the specifics of his technique at that point, so people like Rassman, Cole et al had to come up with their own style. But Cole has been doing strip hair transplant prob since early 90s, I did see a patient recently who had work done by Cole 12 yrs ago, so that would be '94-ish.

DaveOne

Established Member
Reaction score
hrscare said:
arm hair transpant do not prove that the surgeon is compentant. agreed. but if the doctor messes those up, you know the doctor can't do your head right. so to keep from getting totally screwed, or at least to have some idea what you are getting into, do the arm test.

And just who do you think can do forearm hair transplants. I dont know of a single fue doctor out there who is doing forearm hair.

If a Doctor is doing body hair hair transplant, he will take hair from different areas depending on the texture/caliber of the hair, and the area to which he is transplanting the hair. If it's the crown, then he'll probably want to take the thickest hair. If it's the hairline, then thinner, wispier hair is more appropriate. Chest hair tends to be the thickest, but docs have used arm, leg, torso, back, even armpit and pubic hair in some cases.