The Role Of Estrogen In The Preservation And Regrowth Of Frontotemporal Hairline

Choi Han Kyul

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Precisely.
I got my BT done. Everything was normal cept Zinc level which was slightly high, nothing insane.

Hair is a weird subject. Even if you have a hell lot of money you do not have a sure-shot cure. Even hair transplant has it’s limits.

@Choi Han Kyul, most people in other than third world countries will not be malnourished to the extent hair is effected. Definitely blood tests are the start.

Are you Korean? They sure could use an interpreter over in the Cellcurin thread.

Choi Han Kyul

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Btw I am not korean. Just borrowed the name from one of my fav K-drama.
Go eun chan has damn great hairs.

Precisely.
I got my BT done. Everything was normal cept Zinc level which was slightly high, nothing insane.

Hair is a weird subject. Even if you have a hell lot of money you do not have a sure-shot cure. Even hair transplant has it’s limits.

Choi Han Kyul

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My body fat is currently 8%, so I am not that skinny. Starving Jewish lived under constant fear of their own life (depression). That might aggravate it all.

there are people with shitty diets and also plenty of homeless with full heads of hair so generally nutrition is not a factor except in extreme cases.. but check out this photo of starving jews during the holocaust period. their hairlines dont look so good do they?
View attachment 71461

I will say that i think being too skinny makes one more sensitive to hairloss because body fat produces aromatase. of course there are other factors like genetics and gender involved in the amount of aromatase you produce. but body fat is one of those factors, and lowering it too much also lowers aromatase.
however, eating too much carbs and sugar could also contribute by developing insulin resistance. when cells become resistant to insulin the body needs to make more to get the same effect and insulin decreases SHBG which could lead to an increase in free T and Dht.

Choi Han Kyul

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Adding my regimen for fellow brethrens.

Started with Natrol Biotin 5000 mcg daily for 2 weeks. Added generic finasteride for 3 months. If I fiddled with my hair, I would see ~ 100 hairs on the floor within a matter of 30 min. Added minoxidil for a month. Flaky scalp and noticed that my scalp was hurting. Stopped minoxidil. Added dutasteride, multi vitamin, vitamin D supplement, fish cod liver oil capsule, dermaroller, ketokonazole and oral castor oil for a month. Stopped everything for 2 weeks.

In the past 6 months, My hair has lost its volume. I would clearly see through the scalp if wet. Temples have further receded. Overall a hit by atleast 40% in overall density and quality of hair. Something I have noticed is that iniially the hairs shedding out were majorly the thinner ones. Now its the thicker ones falling out. Maybe all the thinner ones are gone and male pattern baldness is eating into healthy ones. Mofo male pattern baldness. I also have slight graying of my hair starting from crown. What worries me is that I feel not just the temple has receded but also the vertex has started thinning. Another concern is Diffused pattern hairloss.

Past 6 months have not been productive at all.

For past 1 week I am on
0.5 mg duta ed
1 mg fina ed
5 mg oral minoxidil ed
75 mg oral spironolactone ed
1 mg estradiol valerate ed
Keto 2% twice a week

Ocassionaly taking Biotin 5000 mcg, vitamin d and fish cod liver oil supplements. I feel of all the things, mineral supplements dont do sh*t.

Not gonna apply anything on the scalp.

I have seen people getting success on anti-androgen regime. But that is just web, could also be fake.

Only way to really test is by trying on myself.

The only thing worrying is that how could I have suffered massive density loss with my earlier regime.
Is it recovarable or am I staring at yet another downfall? Just makes me feel that I should not have started it all and let it take it’s natural course. Such a waste it has been.

Btw I was mildly smoking on off during past 6 months. But I know chain smoker feiends with perfect hairline. FML. I don’t know how much I was depressed but I certainly was and is not at best of my moods.

Nevertheless, night is dark and full of terror for us lads and we have inches to grow (hair) before we sleep.

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Choi

Are you diagnosed for common baldness?

Your regime is very harsh
"
For past 1 week I am on
0.5 mg duta ed
1 mg fina ed
5 mg oral minoxidil ed
Keto 2% twice a week"

And you hair loss was agravated.

Take care

BTW common sense say that stress and nutrition afects all scalp hair, not only to hairs in pattern baldness

yourworld001

Established Member
Reaction score
Adding my regimen for fellow brethrens.

Started with Natrol Biotin 5000 mcg daily for 2 weeks. Added generic finasteride for 3 months. If I fiddled with my hair, I would see ~ 100 hairs on the floor within a matter of 30 min. Added minoxidil for a month. Flaky scalp and noticed that my scalp was hurting. Stopped minoxidil. Added dutasteride, multi vitamin, vitamin D supplement, fish cod liver oil capsule, dermaroller, ketokonazole and oral castor oil for a month. Stopped everything for 2 weeks.

In the past 6 months, My hair has lost its volume. I would clearly see through the scalp if wet. Temples have further receded. Overall a hit by atleast 40% in overall density and quality of hair. Something I have noticed is that iniially the hairs shedding out were majorly the thinner ones. Now its the thicker ones falling out. Maybe all the thinner ones are gone and male pattern baldness is eating into healthy ones. Mofo male pattern baldness. I also have slight graying of my hair starting from crown. What worries me is that I feel not just the temple has receded but also the vertex has started thinning. Another concern is Diffused pattern hairloss.

Past 6 months have not been productive at all.

For past 1 week I am on
0.5 mg duta ed
1 mg fina ed
5 mg oral minoxidil ed
Keto 2% twice a week

Ocassionaly taking Biotin 5000 mcg, vitamin d and fish cod liver oil supplements. I feel of all the things, mineral supplements dont do sh*t.

Not gonna apply anything on the scalp.

I have seen people getting success on anti-androgen regime. But that is just web, could also be fake.

Only way to really test is by trying on myself.

The only thing worrying is that how could I have suffered massive density loss with my earlier regime.
Is it recovarable or am I staring at yet another downfall? Just makes me feel that I should not have started it all and let it take it’s natural course. Such a waste it has been.

Btw I was mildly smoking on off during past 6 months. But I know chain smoker feiends with perfect hairline. FML. I don’t know how much I was depressed but I certainly was and is not at best of my moods.

Nevertheless, night is dark and full of terror for us lads and we have inches to grow (hair) before we sleep.

Are you a transexual?

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Estrogen does regrow temple hair.

It probably has the OPPOSITE effect that DHT has. Progesterone might also regrow it (Hydroxy Progesterone).

Some doctor prescribed hairloss companies are using Progesterone. For the U.S. and Canada, nobody is using
Estrogen, I really don't know why.

Alpicort F is big in Europe, just not over here.

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
nicotine increases Dht.

Choi Han Kyul

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Armando,
I visited a derm 2 months back who ironically himself was balding.
He was prescribing me follimen multi vit
, anabolm shampoo but no finasteride or minxodil. Also, by the looks of it he concluded that I had male pattern baldness. I did not purchase nothing prescribed by him.

I have been receding slowly
For past 8-9 years at the temples but its not that bad. The last 6 months have taken a hit.

What do you mean by hairloss was aggravated. Is it the regime?

And yes, I am certain I am facing diffused loss. Temples have massively receded.

Hi Choi

Are you diagnosed for common baldness?

Your regime is very harsh
"
For past 1 week I am on
0.5 mg duta ed
1 mg fina ed
5 mg oral minoxidil ed
Keto 2% twice a week"

And you hair loss was agravated.

Take care

BTW common sense say that stress and nutrition afects all scalp hair, not only to hairs in pattern baldness

Choi Han Kyul

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you a transexual?

No man. Infact I feel fina duta increased my libido.

I take estradiol sub-lingually.

I don’t know the hell I am taking.
Might do nothing to hair and ruin the body.
Might do wonders to hair and no serious sides (optimism or naiveity)

Choi Han Kyul

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi clark,

Is estrogen (beta estradiol) better in growing temples or progestrone?

Estrogen does regrow temple hair.

It probably has the OPPOSITE effect that DHT has. Progesterone might also regrow it (Hydroxy Progesterone).

Some doctor prescribed hairloss companies are using Progesterone. For the U.S. and Canada, nobody is using
Estrogen, I really don't know why.

Alpicort F is big in Europe, just not over here.

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
Been smoking on off. Must shun it.
Envious of people who smoke loads of cigarette, marijuana and drink alcohol still have the best mane.
Me too, its fucked up and unfair. their body is not programmed to react to male hormones in the way that we are.

Hi bridgeburn, just looked at your regimen which is aggresive. How are you taking estradiol and what is the progress?
most of the time I've been using only topical E gel. recently i started taking an E pill buccally along with topical gel. here's my thread which I update progress https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/exploring-the-hormonal-route-hair-life.109288/

Choi Han Kyul

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Me too, its fucked up and unfair. their body is not programmed to react to male hormones in the way that we are.

most of the time I've been using only topical E gel. recently i started taking an E pill buccally along with topical gel. here's my thread which I update progress https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/exploring-the-hormonal-route-hair-life.109288/
Great progress, you have nice beard. I hope estrogen and anti androgen won’t result in ooss of beard?

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
Great progress, you have nice beard. I hope estrogen and anti androgen won’t result in ooss of beard?
Lol, thanks. You know whats weird, Im taking minoxidil and estrogen at the same time and my chest hair grew longer and faster before falling out and getting replaced with softer thinner hair. and mostly my facial hair has been unaffected but I noticed one day that one part of the right side of my mustache had thinned but only on the right side! it didnt look good to grow mustache hair too long because of that uneven patch... but then I switched to oral minoxidil and that part of the mustache thickened up again.

I like my facial hair, but I like my head hair much more. Facial hair is stronger though, from what ive read on transforumns, the beard may thin a bit and grow slower but it won't completely go away with hormones. But hormones can affect body hair much more than facial hair, almost 100% of my chest hairs have miniaturized.

Choi Han Kyul

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol, thanks. You know whats weird, Im taking minoxidil and estrogen at the same time and my chest hair grew longer and faster before falling out and getting replaced with softer thinner hair. and mostly my facial hair has been unaffected but I noticed one day that one part of the right side of my mustache had thinned but only on the right side! it didnt look good to grow mustache hair too long because of that uneven patch... but then I switched to oral minoxidil and that part of the mustache thickened up again.

I like my facial hair, but I like my head hair much more. Facial hair is stronger though, from what ive read on transforumns, the beard may thin a bit and grow slower but it won't completely go away with hormones. But hormones can affect body hair much more than facial hair, almost 100% of my chest hairs have miniaturized.

I have perfect beard amd I would like it to stay that way. I hope estradiol does not f*** it up. Our regimen long term are not feasible.
I already feel heart palpitation on oral min.

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
What do you mean by hairloss was aggravated. Is it the regime?

yes, all meds you are using can alter the natural hair cycle. And you must to know that human scalp hair have asynchronicity, then it is possible than meds can be useful for hairs in a step of the hair cycle and affect negatively to other hairs.

Choi Han Kyul

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
yes, all meds you are using can alter the natural hair cycle. And you must to know that human scalp hair have asynchronicity, then it is possible than meds can be useful for hairs in a step of the hair cycle and affect negatively to other hairs.

Does this mean that my hairs are out of sync as of now and will return to sync or say better appearance upon continuing the medicines (given that I have male pattern baldness).

I only need to make sure that it was not a foolish decision going on finasteride and the losses expeeienced in past 6 months will be restored (again I am certain, I have male pattern baldness, though it was progressing slowly until now)