The Role Of Big And Wide Galea In Male Pattern Baldness.

Catagen

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
because ive seen people here with really big galeas, and they deny it and say that it only loks big because their hairline is receding and they'd rather blame their hairloss on inheriting a 'sensitivity to dht gene' from their estranged uncle

I think the theory can be better explained as the splanchno to neuro ratio which I addressed in the other thread. It is face to brain ratio basically. Its not that the galea is big in absolute terms, rather its big compared to the face. Those men which have "small" galeas might sometimes have bigger galeas then men who have "big" gales when it is actually their face which is small.
Inheritance of baldness is not understood. Also your theory needs predictive power, if a person inherits the bad face to brain ratio from a parent then they should have a significant statistically high chance of inheriting it.
Also those people have a large chance of keeping their hair if they take finasteride, so what gives?

Ritchie

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think the theory can be better explained as the splanchno to neuro ratio which I addressed in the other thread. It is face to brain ratio basically. Its not that the galea is big in absolute terms, rather its big compared to the face. Those men which have "small" galeas might sometimes have bigger galeas then men who have "big" gales when it is actually their face which is small.
Inheritance of baldness is not understood. Also your theory needs predictive power, if a person inherits the bad face to brain ratio from a parent then they should have a significant statistically high chance of inheriting it.
Also those people have a large chance of keeping their hair if they take finasteride, so what gives?
people with long faces can have smooth galeas too. Lots of balding people on this site have a combination of a long face, big forehead and a big galea. Sometimes people with small foreheads can give the impression that they havea big galea like james alexandrou for example or andrew napolitano if he buzzed his hair. Also it is not just about the size of the galea but the shape also.
AYDQPBtcDfUmMd33.jpg 694940094001_6116425898001_6116420815001-vs-696x392.jpg
But they people on here already have big foreheads and also a big galea at the same time.

And if you noticed the men we are posting with big galeas have long faces and big galeas. Here are examples of men with long faces with well shaped galeas.
bf3db0ed80daa2ca3daca8c93e844a2d.jpg 731ab4f8fc1be3651c36df597c75db11.jpg Matt P Full Head Shave Bald (In Support of FARA) 7-35 screenshot.png maxresdefault (2).jpg

Mitko1

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have recently observed literally THOUSANDS of men on internet and in person and I can confirm that balding men have bigger galeas. I live in a country where there are 3.1 milion of men and I have traveled through and I have looked at balding men wherever I go and I can confirm that. So stop being in denial! There are thousand of photos of men's faces on the internet and I can post them all to confirm. But I wouldn't do that because It's way more simple for people there to go out and observe the balding men wherever they go, compare them to non balding men and It's done.

Ritchie

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have recently observed literally THOUSANDS of men on internet and in person and I can confirm that balding men have bigger galeas. I live in a country where there are 3.1 milion of men and I have traveled through and I have looked at balding men wherever I go and I can confirm that. So stop being in denial! There are thousand of photos of men's faces on the internet and I can post them all to confirm. But I wouldn't do that because It's way more simple for people there to go out and observe the balding men wherever they go, compare them to non balding men and It's done.
no matter how much evidence you give they will keep denying it. They probably already observe balding and non balding men outside and can see the differences in their faces and galeas but do not want to admit it.

Ritchie

My Regimen
Reaction score
if hairloss is just sensitivity to dht how do you explain some 10 or 11 year olds with norwood 2 or higher? A lot of young people who are balding very early post an 'am i balding?' thread and it a lot of the time it starts with 'ive always had a big forehead/ ive never actually had a perfect hairline'. The reason these kids could not grow a norwood 0 is because their galea is too poorly shaped to even grow hair in those areas even when the scalp is not under the influence of dht. And when they actually do post pictures of themselves as kids they have very big galeas. I am not saying that dht doesnt cause hair loss, it does. But these kids with receding hairlines, they are not diffuse thinning, but their galea is way too hypoxic and poorly shaped to grow hair in norwood 0 areas and then once theyve finished puberty and have enough dht.. they recede even more and possibly start diffuse thinning.

Last edited:

Ritchie

My Regimen
Reaction score
@Catagen In the other thread you seemed to be under the impression that people who have receding hairlines as children just naturally have hairlines like that. And that their norwood 2 looking hairline is actually a norwood 0.

Was wayne rooney also a norwood 0 as a child?
Young-Wayne-Rooney.jpg

Mitko1

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Catagen In the other thread you seemed to be under the impression that people who have receding hairlines as children just naturally have hairlines like that. And that their norwood 2 looking hairline is actually a norwood 0.

Was wayne rooney also a norwood 0 as a child?
View attachment 146691

Children have very low DHT levels. Lower than Finasteride or dutasteride reduction. So they can't be balding due to DHT.

500_F_229103620_3JYgsJUz1bnZ0piicdqUkse7slEB9BS3.jpg

Now people are going to say that this boy's recession is caused by sensitivity to DHT without mentioning how big is his galea and his flat cheekbones, narrow palate and dropped down jawline.

Ritchie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Children have very low DHT levels. Lower than Finasteride or dutasteride reduction. So they can't be balding due to DHT.

View attachment 146707
Now people are going to say that this boy's recession is caused by sensitivity to DHT without mentioning how big is his galea and his flat cheekbones, narrow palate and dropped down jawline.
Yes, no child should have a hairline like that. There's also 15 year old boy who posted on this site with a norwood 3 and he has one of the biggest galeas i had ever seen. He was asian too and just a little boy, asians usually have low dht, and this guy barely even hit puberty but he was a norwood 3. I dont wanna post his pics here because he would be upset that his pictures were posted elsewhere if he found out.

Last edited:

Mitko1

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you want to know which is biggest galea that I have ever seen is definitely this guy:

main-qimg-f47f7dfd8e1b59203194ac91e1e225fc.png

It's not a coincidence that he is receding.

SausageDawg

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@SausageDawg
Check mitkos other thread about muscle tension. There is much more information in that thread.

So I read somewhat into that thread and decided to do my own digging on it, I do see some correlation to do with the wider temple area and bigger foreheads but conversely I've seen a lot of examples of high and wide foreheads keeping a complete nw0 hairline infact I seen some down right weird shaped heads that completely keep their hair.. which leads me to my next question - how would you explain this guy? (Joseph Merrick) His scalp tension must of been insane! But he kept his hair...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201003-185632_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20201003-185632_Gallery.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 127

Ritchie

My Regimen
Reaction score
damn that is one big galea. You just never see people like this with a norwood 1.
NINTCHDBPICT000066427026-12.jpg NINTCHDBPICT000066427026-1.jpg
22(1).jpg 22.jpg
christopher_meloniw.jpg christopher_meloni.jpg

Mitko1

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I figured out something interesting and this is that there are cases of men where the galea doesn't look big but they are balding and other fact is that they don't recede but diffuse with an intact hairline. I don't know what triggers their hair loss, but it's not common. It's like 1 in 100 or even 1 in 1000.
I don't know if their galea is actually still not in a good shape or their facial features have an impact there. Look at this guy for example and his much smoother and smaller galea than most balding men.

Image_6684195_1126.jpg

But his facial features are very poor aswell. He has rounded jawline, missing cheekbones and narrow palate.

SuQxJXa8nMs2kuUItsH2d-X11Md_ho5iVEzEBFxiNZ6RxJovPq3IWiZdXE_jzV0PFrH-XjB8wisHZBCQu65AEwJUN1BxCFcg.jpg

Very unusual and intriguing case. I don't know what is wrong with his galea and why he is thinning.

images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcT3Ka8hXMN41RnyPwMDp4szabrUb524mhjN7Q&usqp=CAU.jpg

fb_eb7375b2df2e44f02a1ba8cd1d0684ec.jpg

Ritchie

My Regimen
Reaction score
So I read somewhat into that thread and decided to do my own digging on it, I do see some correlation to do with the wider temple area and bigger foreheads but conversely I've seen a lot of examples of high and wide foreheads keeping a complete nw0 hairline infact I seen some down right weird shaped heads that completely keep their hair.. which leads me to my next question - how would you explain this guy? (Joseph Merrick) His scalp tension must of been insane! But he kept his hair...
We are talking about normal people here. Also nobody said youll bald with a big forehead. There is a difference between a big forehead and a big galea. Also i doubt he is a norwood 1.

Ritchie

My Regimen
Reaction score
I figured out something interesting and this is that there are cases of men where the galea doesn't look big but they are balding and other fact is that they don't recede but diffuse with an intact hairline. I don't know what triggers their hair loss, but it's not common. It's like 1 in 100 or even 1 in 1000.
I don't know if their galea is actually still not in a good shape or their facial features have an impact there. Look at this guy for example and his much smoother and smaller galea than most balding men.

View attachment 146726
But his facial features are very poor aswell. He has rounded jawline, missing cheekbones and narrow palate.

View attachment 146727

Very unusual and intriguing case. I don't know what is wrong with his galea and why he is thinning.

View attachment 146728

View attachment 146729
Same with ben foster, his galea is wide on the sides but it is very flat and smooth at the top and he is diffusing but has an intact hairline
gettyimages-76211940-2048x2048.jpg gettyimages-176487097-2048x2048.jpg gettyimages-488095832-2048x2048.jpg gettyimages-950078792-2048x2048.jpg unnamed (2) (1).jpg ben-foster-141485_828x1104 (1).png gq-ben-foster-alpha-dog.jpg foster.jpg 88fdc553df7777d5868159b8d2c560a40f-02-ben-foster-leave-no-trace.rsquare.w1200.jpg

Ritchie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Im watching a movie right now and this guy just shows up and i had to post him here. He is not balding but people like him cannot be a norwood 0 or 1.

WQ.jpg 2W.jpg Frank+Vallelonga+AFI+FEST+2018+Presented+Audi+jHtyoc3e04Hl.jpg QE.jpg 523.jpg

Ritchie

My Regimen
Reaction score
He has both big galea and poor facial features.
His galea is the main culprit that caused his receded hairline.

gettyimages-481779188-612x612.jpg now look what the non balding guy in the movie looks like. I see people all the time with this type of facial who keep their hair but never like the other guy.

SausageDawg

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
We are talking about normal people here. Also nobody said youll bald with a big forehead. There is a difference between a big forehead and a big galea. Also i doubt he is a norwood 1.

Well that surely disproves it somewhat.. his scalp is literally irregular and yet hair still grows and maintains onit.. I never said he was a NW1. You're cherry picking replies and I'm not even tryna argue with you.

Ritchie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well that surely disproves it somewhat.. his scalp is literally irregular and yet hair still grows and maintains onit.. I never said he was a NW1. You're cherry picking replies and I'm not even tryna argue with you.
i didnt cherry pick the replies. I saw your reply after. You posted yours while i was writing my other one and i didnt see it afterwards. I said people with these galeas cannot be a norwood 1. I didnt say theyll be completely bald. Also posting an old picture/drawing of a man with severe deformity does not disprove it. He does not have the galea shape i am talking about. He does not even look human. And i never once mentioned a galea type like his.

SausageDawg

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i didnt cherry pick the replies. I saw your reply after. You posted yours while i was writing my other one and i didnt see it afterwards. I said people with these galeas cannot be a norwood 1. I didnt say theyll be completely bald. Also posting an old picture/drawing of a man with severe deformity does not disprove it. He does not have the galea shape i am talking about. He does not even look human. And i never once mentioned a galea type like his.

But my original point was about the theory of dht being sent as an inflammatory response to the mishaped galea.. the reason I've used that example and not the tens of others I found was because in that case you have an extreme version of your point but he is not balding. I never said you were talking about an example like this.. I wanted to know why he wasnt bald/balding because he somehow kept his hair! But now I see you're not saying this theory affects the crown region just the recession of temples right? Do you acknowledge the theory of testosterone being the main culprit of recession not DHT? Seems to be up in the air a lot of the time so what's your opinion?