The return of Dr. Gho

somone uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
when i was a kid i was always told to "never trust a salesman" (well not true, i leaned that the hard way)
your sources seem to come from people who will financially benefit from sales therefore they are unlikely to be impartial
until he delivers a decent scientific paper with a full hair count of at least the donor area PROVING the hair regrow, i'll sit here and remain a skeptic

bigentries

Established Member
Reaction score
Aren't you from hairsite? that place is known for two particular Gho apologists

I don't appreciate how you responded to someone uk's posts.
Until you can prove Gho "gives you a full head of hair :shakehead: " we have the right to remain skeptics and appreciate doctors like Rassman.
Gho's reputation is a joke and you know it

pproctor

Established Member
Reaction score
I will break my usual policy and say something about hair transplant surgery. Long ago, I took a course in transplant procedures, but I do not perform them. So, I have no dogs in this fight. I also have seen a lot of transplants and know some of the principals. You can use the following as a general guideline.

First, be particularly cautious about any hair transplant group whose main selling point is how incompetent, unethical, lazy, or generally-misguided other transplant surgeons are. This is not exactly impartial advice. Nor does it have any particular relationship to reality.

Most hair transplant docs won't do this. Watch out for the few that do.

In reality, transplant surgeons are overall a smart and ethical bunch. Likewise, pretty much all established transplant surgeons are competent. Similarly, everyone uses whatever procedure is appropriate under the circumstances. Likewise, everyone shares in a general body of knowledge.

Also be cautious about about claims about "patented procedures" , etc. Often what is patented is some completely-interchangable piece of surgical equipment, not the procedure itself. BTW, a personal peve is some surgeon implying they developed such and such procedure when the procedure was likely in use before they even entered the field.

Just a word or two to the wise.....

Peter H. Proctor, PhD,MD

pproctor

Established Member
Reaction score
dudemon said:
pproctor said:
Thanks for the input Doctor, good info. But maybe it might fit in the "hair transplant" thread better and get much more exposure there. This section is supposed to be for "hair multiplication" and future procedures in the development stage. But I get what you mean about "patented procedures" vs. Dr. Gho.

Er, I wasn't commenting about Dr Gho. Rather, I was lamenting about the notorious ( at least among transplant surgeons ) tendency of a few such to "talk their book", overstate their own accomplishments for marketing purposes, and trash-talk the "competition". To understand who I am talking about, read the previous thread. Again, I personally do not do transplants-- so no dog in this particular fight. Enough said.

Dr Proctor

Ori83

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Dude, i personally think you know better then 90% of hair transplant surgeons... if ill ever go under the knife ill ask you first before consulting with anyone!! (your plan seems good on paper {not that im claiming to know anything} but i have to say that when HM comes to market and when it will be affordable wont be the same date.....)